Do you own the Simplisafe home security system, and for some reasons, your Simplisafe keypad won’t turn on? If yes, this article will help you with simple solutions you can effect to resolve the issue.
The Simplisafe home security system is a popular home security system with many features that ensure your home has maximum protection.
The Simplisafe home security system is basically made up of four devices: the base station, keypad, motion sensor, and entry sensor.
It also includes add-ons such as the indoor camera, outdoor camera, glass break sensor, water sensor, temperature sensor, smoke detector, key fob, and siren.
All of the devices that make up the Simplisafe home security system work individually and together to give you the best all round protection for your house at quite an affordable price.
Simplisafe also has a subscription option that gives you access to extra features such as 24/7 police monitoring, 24/7 emergency dispatch, 24/7 medical response, automatic alert to the fire brigade service in case of a fire outbreak, and many other benefits.
Check out how you can quickly cancel your Simplisafe monitoring plan in this article.
The Simplisafe keypad is one of the four essential devices you get when you purchase the Simplisafe home security system. It is a wireless device that is made separate from the base station, and its main purpose is to arm or disarm your home security system.
There are a couple of reasons why your Simplisafe keypad won’t turn on. Some of which include:
- When you were installing your Simplisafe home security system, you mixed up some connections in the keypad, and this might be the reason why your Simplisafe keypad won’t turn on.
- If your keypad is not properly connected to the wifi, the keypad might not turn on.
- The simplisafe keypad won’t turn on if the battery is dead.
- The simplisafe keypad won’t turn on if it is not connecting to the base station.
- Simplisafe keypad might not turn on if a bug was introduced to it during a software update on your Simplisafe base station.
How to fix Simplisafe Keypad Won’t Turn on.
There is a couple of troubleshooting solutions you can use when you realize your Simplisafe keypad won’t turn on. Some of the solutions are listed below.
- Power cycle the Simplisafe keypad
- Connect the Keypad to the Wifi Router
- Sync the Simplisafe Keypad Together With the Base Station
- Reset the Base Station
- Get a keypad replacement for your SimpliSafe
Before we proceed with the steps to fix your SimpliSafe keypard not working or turning on, check on this guide on how to fix your SimpliSafe keypad out of range.
Power Cycle the Simplisafe Keypad
One of the first solutions you can try when your Simplisafe keypad won’t turn on is to power cycle the keypad.
Follow the steps outlined below to power cycle Simplisafe keypad.
- Go to the battery compartment of your keypad and remove the battery.
- Wait for approximately 15 minutes, then put the battery back into its compartment.
- If your keypad immediately turns on and off, it implies an issue with the keypad battery.
- If it does not turn off, it means the battery is fine and you have been able to power cycle the keypad.
- If there is an issue with the battery, replace the battery with new ones and test.
If you have followed these steps, use your Simplisafe keypad to confirm that the Simplisafe keypad won’t turn on situation has been resolved.
Connect the Keypad to the Wifi Router
If the Simplisafe keypad is not connected to a wifi network, the Simplisafe keypad won’t turn on.
Follow the steps below to connect the Simplisafe keypad to a wifi network
- Press the Menu button on your Simplisafe keypad.
- When prompted, input your 4 digit master pin.
- Go to System settings and click on it using the right rocker on your keypad.
- Then navigate to wifi and from the list of available wifi connections, select the wifi you want to connect to.
- Now enter your wifi password, and your kepad should automatically connect to it.
If you have followed the instructions, then the Simplisafe keypad won’t turn on issue should be resolved.
Sync the Simplisafe Keypad Together With the Base Station
If the Simplisafe keypad is not synced correctly with the base station, the Simplisafe keypad won’t turn on.
Follow the steps below to resync the Simplisafe keypad to the base station.
- Take out the battery from the keypad and put it back after about 15 seconds.
- On the screen of your keypad, you will see a searching for base station message.
- Now, unscrew the battery compartment of the base station.
- Then press any button on your keypad, together with the button on your adapter.
- You will see a connecting to base station message on the screen of your keypad.
- The base station will give a prompt to confirm the keypad has been added successfully.
Test your Simplisafe keypad, to confirm it now work correctly.
Reset the Base Station
The reason why your Simplisafe keypad won’t turn on might be connected to an error or bug in the base station. The easiest way to resolve this is to reset the base station.
Meanwhile, we have a complete guide on everything you need to know about the Simplisafe base station.
Follow the steps below to reset the Simplisafe base station.
- Uninstall the base station from the wall, and with the aid of a Philips screwdriver, remove the battery compartment.
- Take out the battery from the compartment, and after waiting for 1 minute, plug the base station into the power source.
- Now put the battery back into the base station.
If you have followed the steps highlighted above, test the base station to confirm the issue has been resolved.
Read How to Fix SimpliSafe Motion Sensor not Working
How to Reset Simplisafe Keypad
You can reset the keypad if the Simplisafe keypad won’t turn on or to resolve any other Simplisafe keypad-related issue.
To reset Simplisafe keypad, follow the steps below.
- Go to the Simplisafe mobile app on your smartphone.
- Log in and click on Menu
- Then go to Device settings and remove the keypad from the list of available devices.
- Select the plus icon at the top right corner of the screen and follow the prompt that follows to add the keypad.
After following these steps, test the keypad to confirm it is functioning correctly.
How to Enable Simplisafe Keypad Power Saving Mode
The Simplisafe keypad power saving mode is a feature in the keypad that helps you to ensure that the keypad only wakes up when you press a button on it.
Enable power-saving mode on your keypad by following the simple steps listed below.
- Click on the menu button on your keypad and input your 4 digit master pin.
- Navigate to devices and click on your keypad.
- Go to power savings and turn it on.
If you have followed the steps as outlined, you have enabled power saving mode on your Simplisafe keypad.
We have looked at the various reasons why the Simplisafe keypad won’t turn on, and the possible fixes.
We also talked about how to reset Simplisafe keypad and enable power saving mode.
If you encounter any further difficulty with the Simplisafe keypad, reach out to the Simplisafe customer support team for professional assistance.