This article will look into how to use Firestick on your computer without HDMI cable. To use Firestick on your TV, you need to plug the Firestick into your computer port, connect the device to the internet, and start streaming.
Meanwhile, to use your Firestick on your computer without an HDMI cable implies that you should possess the right resources; otherwise, using Firestick on a computer without plugging the Firestick dongle into the computer will be impossible.
Although, to connect your Firestick to a computer if you don’t want to use the Firestick isn’t that easy. And neither is it complicated to accomplish. So, to fix this, we will provide you will all the requirements you need to make your Firestick work with your computer or laptop without using an HDMI cable.
How to Connect Firestick to your Computer
Using an HDMI to connect your Firestick to your computer provides an easy and stress-free method to use your Amazon Firestick on your laptop or computer.
Although, it’s not limited to HDMI cable alone. You can also use a what is called VIDEO CAPTURE to connect your Firestick HDMI to your computer and use it to stream your favourite on it.
Therefore, before we dive into how to use Firestick on a computer without HDMI cable, let’s quickly look at the processes to take connect and use your Firestick on a computer or laptop using an HDMI cable.
How to Use Firestick on Computer with an HDMI Cable
Following the procedures below, you will be able to use your Amazon Firestick on your computer or laptop using an HDMI cable. So, to use your Firestick with your computer, we recommend that you should get an HDMI video capture with input and output feature as well as a free program called OBS Studio.
- Download and install the OBS Studio on your computer.
- Plugin the HDMI video capture device into your laptop or desktop computer.
- Open the OBS studio program on your computer.
- Click on the “+” sign from the bottom and select “Video Capture Device.”
- A popup will appear. Name the video capture device you know you can easily remember and click “OK.”
- Go to “Device” under the screen display and select the “Video Capture Device” name from the previous step.
- Scroll down and check “Use Custom Audio Device.”
- Click on the “OK” button to save changes.
- At this point, your Firestick screen will appear on your computer.
- Click on “Settings” from the bottom right corner of the OBS.
- Select “Audio” once the settings popup.
- Scroll down to “Advanced” and select “Monitoring Device.”
- Choose “Speaker (Realtek) from the drop-down.
- Click “Apply and OK” to the bottom right.
- You should see the “Settings gear icon” in the middle of the bottom screen and click on it.
- Click on “Advanced audio properties” once the settings option popup.
- Scroll down to “Whatever” and change “Monitor off” to “Monitor and Output” under “Audio Monitoring.”
- Click on the “Close” tab to close the audio monitoring screen.
- Right-click on the Firestick OBS screen and select “Fullscreen projector.”
- Choose the “Screen size” to switch to full screen on your computer.
And that is all. Although many people don’t know about this, with this, you can use your Amazon Firestick on your computer using an HDMI video capture cable and OBS.
How to use Firestick on your Computer without HDMI Cable using Mirror Function
You can mirror your computer to your TV using your Firestick if you don’t want to use an HDMI cable. Meanwhile, you will need a computer or laptop that can easily mirror an external device and a TV that supports mirroring.
- Turn on your Amazon Firestick
- Press and hold the “Home” button.
- Choose “Mirroring” from the Firestick menu.
- Choose “Enable Displaying Mirror” from the pop up on your TV screen.
- Turn on your Wireless Adapter on your computer or use an external wireless adapter to ensure that your computer is discoverable.
- Click on your Windows 7/8/8.1/10/11 depending on your OS version “Notifications Settings” to the bottom right. If there is no notification to click on, just right-click at the bottom right and select “Notification Settings.”
- Click on “Connect” if the option is right available there; otherwise, go to the next step.
- Go to “Settings >> System >> Display.
- Scroll down and click on “Connect to a wireless display.”
- Your Windows cast screen will appear to the bottom right.
- Wait for the device to detect the name of your Firestick.
- Once detected, click on it to receive mirror information from your Firestick.
If you don’t want to spend extra cash to use your Firestick with your computer, the steps above are how to use Firestick with a computer without HDMI.