Hulu can arguably be regarded as one of the best streaming platforms for the right reasons. A Hulu Activate on your device can provide a huge variety of on-demand TV shows, award-winning documentaries and movies series, home videos, sports, cartoons’ and live TV shows, Hulu is hitting the top list in today’s world of streaming.
To have access to these great contents from Hulu, it is very compulsory to perform a Hulu activation on your device. Prompting a Hulu Activate takes almost a similar process on all devices, that is you get an activation code from your device and use this code to prompt a Hulu activate on your device through their website. However, before activating Hulu on any device, you would have to go through the process of installation and sign up which is slightly different on each device.
This guide would put you through all processes needed to activate Hulu on each Hulu-supported devices. You would also have access to the list of devices supported by Hulu and finally, we would be reviewing some troubleshooting steps during a Hulu activation process.
Which devices can I watch Hulu on?
With Hulu plug-ins and extensions, Hulu Activate can be streamed on almost any device. The list just goes on and on. Hulu’s latest updates which feature the pay-per-view option have so far increased the reach and demand of the service on several streaming devices. Here is a list of devices that can be used to access Hulu’s library of contents.
- Vizio Smart TV
- Android smartphones and tablets
- iPad and iPhones
- Xbox One and Xbox 360
- Play Station 3 and 4
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire Stick TV
- Samsung TV
- Roku TV and Roku Stick
- Nintendo Switch
- LG TV and Blu Ray player.
How to Activate Hulu on All Devices
To gain access to Hulu’s on-demand content and live TV coverage, you have to activate your device on Hulu’s server. Hulu activation simply allows your device to be connected directly to Hulu’s server.
This server hereby automatically reviews your subscription plan and other necessary credentials to make Hulu active on your chosen device. It is however not possible to activate all your device all at once, you would need to go over the activation process for each device you connect to your Hulu account. Upon activation, Hulu however only allows you to stream just two devices at the same time.
To prompt a Hulu activate on any device, make sure you have signed up to a Hulu account, you have selected a subscription plan, your billing address has been filled and you have the app installed on any streaming device of your choice. You can check out some of our dedicated content on specific devices to see how to install and activate Hulu on them.
- How to install and activate Hulu on Apple TV
- How to install and activate Hulu on Roku
- How to install and activate Hulu on Xbox
- How to install and activate Hulu on PS4
- How to install and activate Hulu on Samsung Smart TV
Getting a Hulu Activation code.
To activate Hulu on any device, you need to have an activation code. This code would enable Hulu’s server to identify your device and also grant permission to stream content on your device. You can get this activation code directly on your streaming device. To get it, simply:
- Turn on your TV and visit the apps/channels section on your TV.
- Search for the Hulu app and launch it on your device.
- After launch, log in to your Hulu account if you haven’t. As a new user, you would have to sign up.
- After logging in, you would immediately be redirected to a screen where you would see a code for you to copy.
- Write this code down or take a mental note of this code. It is your activation code and you would be using it in the next step.
Using a Hulu Activation code
Once you’ve got your activation code, the next step is to use this code to activate your device on Hulu’s server so your device can be granted permission to access Hulu’s contents. Connection isn’t automatic, you have to manually undergo this process. To do this, simply:
- Visit the Hulu activation website https://secure.hulu.com/activate on any browsing device.
- On the activation website, you would be asked to log in to your account to verify your identity.
- After logging in, you would be redirected to a page that is written above “Activate your device”. Beneath this, there is a box provided for you to fill in your activation code.
- Enter the activation code you copied earlier into this box and click “Activate.”
- In about 25-30 seconds, you would get a confirmation e-mail upon activation and your device would immediately be granted access to Hulu’s contents.
Installation and Activation of Hulu on each device.
The above guideline is a general procedure in getting your activation code on your device and using your activation code to prompt Hulu activation on your device. Hulu Installation process however differs across each platform. Some devices on the other hand don’t need an activation code as they can be activated directly.
The following list explains the installation, sign up and activation process on each device that supports Hulu.
Hulu Activate on Vizio Smart TV
To activate Hulu on Vizio Smart TV, you would have to go through the three basic processes. That is, you have to install Hulu on your Vizio Smart TV, you have to sign up to the Hulu app if you haven’t, then you have to activate your device on Hulu. Hulu usually comes preinstalled on your Vizio TV but if it isn’t then follow these steps to activate Hulu on Vizio TV.
Installation on Vizio TV
- Use the Quick Launch button on your Vizio remote or simply press the VIA button to access the Hulu app. Hulu would most likely be one of the Apps on the VIA list.
- If you can’t find Hulu in the VIA dock, simply go to the Yahoo Connected store or the Apps store (depending on your version of VIA TV).
- Search for the Hulu app on the store and add it to the VIA dock.
Sign in to Hulu on Vizio TV
You can sign in to Hulu via two options. You can either through your TV or sign in on Hulu’s website. However, the signup process is very similar on TV to the signup process on the website. Understand that Vizio TV as of the time of this publication doesn’t support Hulu Live TV feature.
- Launch the Hulu App on your VIA dock
- You would be prompted to sign-in as an existing user or sign up if you are a new user.
- During sign in, you would be requested to enter your email and password. (if you are a new user and just signing up, you would be requested to start a free trial and select a subscription plan)
- Click enter once you’ve finished this process
Hulu Activation on Vizio TV
After installation and signing up, simply follow the activation process above to activate your Vizio TV on Hulu.
- Get your Activation code by launching the Hulu app and signing in to your Hulu account on your TV.
- Enter your activation code on Hulu’s activation website https://secure.hulu.com/activate.
- You may be asked to log in to verify your identity.
- Once activated, you can start streaming Hulu’s content on your Vizio TV.
Hulu Activate on Android Smartphones and Tablets
Activating Hulu on your smartphone is pretty basic. it’s just like installing any other app to your android. However, with the cast feature on android, tablets, and iOS devices, Hulu can be cast to your TV using either Chromecast, airplay, or HDMI.
Installation on Android/Tablets
- Simply go to Google Play Store on your device.
- Search for the Hulu app on the store.
- Once found, click install and the app would automatically be installed on your smartphone.
Sign in to Hulu on Android/Tablets
Like other devices, you can sign in to Hulu on your android by either visiting their website or signing up directly on your mobile.
- Launch the Hulu app on your mobile.
- You would be prompted to sign in as an existing user or sign up if you are a new user.
- Complete the field provided for email and password to proceed to the next step.
Hulu Activation on Android/Tablets
Unlike some other devices, activation of Hulu on android doesn’t require an activation code. Once you install the app and log in, you would automatically start streaming on Hulu. We’ve seen several Hulu users requesting an activation code for their smartphones. It’s simply nowhere.
However, an activation code would only be sent to your email address if you are trying to cast Hulu on your TV using Chromecast or Airplay on your Android device.
Hulu Activate on iPad and iPhone
Activating Hulu on iOS devices is similar to activation on Android. iPad and iPhone also feature the casting option that allows you to cast Hulu from your device to TV using, Chromecast, Airplay, or HDMI. On these iOS devices, you also have the option to subscribe to Hulu using your Apple ID and iTunes account.
Installation on iPad and iPhone
- Using your iOS device, visit the iTunes store
- Search for the term “Hulu.”
- Once found on the Apps Store, click “Get” to begin downloading.
Sign In to Hulu on iPad and iPhone
You would have to sign up to Hulu on iOS devices using your iTunes account.
- Launch the already downloaded app.
- Once opened, select sign in. you would have to sign up if you are a new user.
- Enter the password for your Apple ID if requested.
Hulu Activation on iPad and iPhone
Just like androids and tablets, Hulu activation on iOS smartphones does not require an activation code. this is simply because these devices have a direct link to the internet, Hulu’s backend server can however directly trace your device after login without an activation code.
Hulu Activate on Android TV
In some cases, the Hulu app is always pre-installed on some Android TV. if the app is preinstalled, you only have to simply log in and start streaming. if you don’t have it preinstalled, simply follow these steps to install the app. Note that not all Android TV is supported by Hulu. Sony Bravia, Hisense Android TV, Nvidia Shield, Select Xiaomi devices and Chromecast with Google TV are some of Hulu’s supported Android TV.
Installation on Android TV
- Turn on your Android TV and visit your Google Play Store.
- Using the Navigation panel on Google Play Store, search “Hulu.”
- Once found, click on the “Download” button next to the app.
- After installation, click on the “Open” button to launch the app.
Sign In to Hulu on Android TV
- Launch the downloaded Hulu app.
- Once launched, you would be prompted to sign in.
- Fill in your Hulu login credentials and click sign in. You can sign up and start your free trial if you don’t have a Hulu account yet.
Hulu Activation on Android TV
Android TV requires an activation code to connect it with Hulu’s backend servers. To activate Hulu on your Android Tv, simply follow the activation process.
- Launching and signing in to your Hulu app would automatically display your activation code.
- Copy this activation code and visit Hulu’s activation website.
- Once on this website, enter your Hulu activation code in the box provided and click “Activate.”
- You would get a confirmation upon activation and in about a minute, you should start streaming on your Android TV.
How to Activate Hulu on Amazon Fire TV and FireStick
With Alexa’s integration on several Amazon products, activation of the Hulu app on Fire TV and Fire Stick might be a little bit easier. However, if you should encounter an error during the installation of Hulu on Amazon Fire TV or FireStick, try clearing some space on your device before attempting reinstallation.
Installation on Amazon Fire TV and FireStick
- Using Alexa’s voice command or using the search icon on the top screen of your Fire TV/ Fire Stick, simply search “Hulu”
- Go to the Apps and Games section on your device to find the Hulu app.
- Click “download” once found and wait for it to install.
- Once installed, the Hulu app would be added to your app list.
Sign In to Hulu on Amazon Fire TV and FireStick
- Launch the app on your Fire TV/Fire Stick apps list.
- On the page where you are asked to sign in, fill in your login credentials (email and password) to gain access to your Hulu account.
- Be sure to review Amazon’s Pay terms and click accept.
- After signing up, you would be provided with an activation code which would be used to activate Hulu on your device.
- If you are just signing up, you would be required to enter some other personal information and select a plan.
Hulu Activation on Amazon Fire TV and FireStick
- Launch the Hulu app on your Amazon Fire Tv/Firestick
- Select a TV provider.
- An activation code would appear on the screen. take a mental note.
- Visit the Hulu activation website
- Enter the activation code and click “Activate”
- In about 30 seconds, Hulu’s backend servers would automatically connect and activate your Hulu app on Amazon Fire TV.
How to Activate Hulu on Nintendo Switch
To activate on Nintendo Switch, you would require a Nintendo account, an active internet connection, and a Hulu subscription plan.
Installation on Nintendo Switch
- On your Nintendo menu, Select the Nintendo e-Shop icon and press the “A” button.
- On the next screen, using your Joy-cons or controller, type Hulu on the search term.
- Select Hulu once found and press the “A” button.
- Select the download option and press the “A” button.
- Opt-out to your home screen and wait for the installation process to be complete.
- After installation, you can now launch the app by selecting it and pressing the “A” button.
Hulu Sign Up and Activation on Nintendo Switch
Signing in or creating a new Hulu account on your Nintendo Switch would prompt an activation code on your Nintendo Switch screen.
- Visit https://www.hulu.com/start/nintendoswitch on your desktop or smartphone.
- Enter the activation code on your Nintendo Switch screen.
- Click on the green sign-up button to create an account and activate Hulu on your Nintendo Switch.
How to Activate Hulu on Xfinity
To activate Hulu on Xfinity, you would need a compatible streaming TV Box with Xfinity Flex service, or a compatible X1 TV Box (RNG150 and Pace XG1v1 aren’t compatible) with Xfinity TV service, Xfinity internet service and, an active Hulu subscription plan.
Installation on Xfinity
- Go to your Xfinity X1 or Flex apps menu.
- Press the Xfinity button on your remote controller.
- Select Apps.
- Go to Hulu. (Hulu in most cases preinstalled on Xfinity TV)
Sign In to Hulu on Xfinity
- Simply launch the Hulu app using a voice command on your Xfinity App menu.
- You would see options to log in or start a free trial. Starting a free trial would direct you to Hulu subscription plans.
- Only two Hulu subscription plans are available upon signing up to Hulu on X1. Xfinity X1 does not support Hulu + Live TV option.
- Xfinity Flex however supports all three Hulu subscription plans of which includes the Live TV option.
Hulu Activation on Xfinity
- During the signup process on Flex, an activation code would be displayed on your TV once you select Hulu + Live TV subscription plan.
- You would need to visit https://hulu.com/start/flex on your mobile device or computer to use this code.
- You would be billed by Hulu upon completing this process.
- Select “Continue” once you choose the plan you want.
How to Activate Hulu on LG TV and Blu-Ray player
Hulu App comes pre-installed on all Hulu-supported LG devices and Blu-Ray players. So you don’t need any installation process, just sign up and follow the activation process above.
You may however need to update the app upon activation.
How to cancel your subscription on Hulu
You can cancel your Hulu subscription anytime. You can also renew y our subscription if you choose to come back in the future. On the other hand, if you choose not to cancel your subscription at the moment, there is also an option to pause your subscription on Hulu for 3 months.
Hulu also allows you to modify your plug-ins and extensions without entirely cancelling your subscription plan. You can also change your subscription plan without tampering with the current plan you are on.
If you are billed through Hulu, here are the steps you can take to cancel your subscription plan. If you are billed by a third party, cancelling your subscription plan may vary on various devices.
- Using a computer or mobile device with internet connectivity, visit your Hulu accounts page through this link https://secure.hulu.com/account.
- Under Your Subscription page, select “Cancel.”
- You may be given an option to pause your subscription instead. If you are not interested, Select “Continue to cancel.”
- Complete the remaining fields encountered.
- After successful cancellation, Hulu would send a message to your email address registered on Hulu. Hulu advises that you keep this email for your records.
- Hulu would continue to give access to your account until your billing cycle ends, you would however not be charged on a new plan.
- If you cancel your subscription during your trial period, you would lose access to Hulu immediately.
Hulu Activate: Troubleshooting procedures (Hulu not activating on my device)
Being affected by this kind of scenario a couple of times, I understand how dealing with such unexpected errors could feel. You followed every step required for activation and yet, you are just still stuck and then you ended up giving up.
Over quite some time doing dedicated research about Hulu, I go to discover some of the biggest reasons why a Hulu activation may not work on your device. I listed the possible reasons below so you easily review each of these reasons.
- Incompatibility of the App with your browser or your device.
- Activation code mismatched
- Hulu account banned
- Hulu VPN not working/country restrictions/DNS restrictions. (Hulu is actively banning VPNs). They also block certain DNS that isn’t theirs.
- Hulu server issues.
Here are certain steps in troubleshooting any issues encountered upon activation.
- Relaunch the Hulu App and other apps running at that moment: Simply relaunching the app can solve several issues upon activation. This should be the first step to take when you notice an activation error. Closing other apps would also free up space and reduce background disruptions. This simply improves Hulu’s performance upon relaunch.
- Reconfirm your code: As simple as this might seem, it is the most common problem of the Hulu activation process among users. Many could enter the wrong code without knowing it as this happens several times. At other times, your code could be expired. The Hulu code expires after a few minutes if not used. Also, an activation code can not be reused once you’ve had a successful login with it.
- Try resetting your password: If you have been off the app for a relatively long period, Hulu servers could automatically restrict or deny access to your account in response to a possible cybersecurity threat. You simply have to reset your password to solve this. In this way, Hulu would be able to re-verify your identity and grant permission to your account.
- Disable Ads blocker on your browser: Ads blocker sometimes mistakes the Hulu app for an autoplay app used by online advertisers. Your ads blocker in response to this automatically disallows the app whenever you try to launch it.
- Use a different browser: Hulu supports certain browsers such as Chrome while some would give an error stating “unsupported browser version.” Updating your web browser to the latest version could also solve this issue. There are compatibility issues with web browsers such as Explorer, Firefox, Safari, e.t.c.
- Update your application: An updated version of the Hulu app allows you to stream better and fix bugs that may delay the activation process.
- Browse in incognito mode: With less browsing cache to deal with, Hulu performs way better in incognito mode.
- Reinstall the app: If all the above solutions don’t work, it’s best to uninstall and reinstall the app. This is a last-ditch troubleshooting option that could solve problems regarding the Hulu activation process on your device.
Hulu activation largely depends on the Hulu server and your network connection in several cases, therefore issues related to activation should not be constrained to the points stated. Hulu offers live support if you ever have issues activating your device. Hulu activation however if guidelines are carefully followed, should be as seamless as possible. If this article sure helped you, let us know in the comment section.