Let’s talk about candidates who have forgotten their JAMB profile password or JAMB efacility login details. Some candidates have also forgotten their JAMB email password. This article describes how to reset the two passwords: email and JAMB login. You will find it very easy to reset your JAMB/Email password before the end of this content. The information here is one of the most sorts after tips for students in Nigeria, it’s important you read to the end.
Let us clarify something beforehand.
Difference Between JAMB Password and Email Password
This is the first thing to understand I teach you how to reset your JAMB/Email password. Your email contains your password as well as your JAMB profile (Efacility login). It is important to note that the profile and the email are not the same.
I can explain myself better.
When you went to JAMB UTME, the first account you created was your email address. Some applicants created their email address before going to the TCC centers first. When registering by email, you created a password with which you can log in. This email may be used for other purposes in the future, not just the JAMB record for which you opened it.
Some candidates already had emails around the age of two, which they also used for their JAMB files. Therefore, each candidate has an email and a password.
The JAMB profile is the second account that was created for you in the CBT center when the registration was carried out. Your account will be active once you have completed your registration in the CBT Center. This account also has its own password.
In other words, you have all the email accounts for the JAMB and JAMB profile accounts. And everyone can have a different password or the same password.
In the meantime, most applicants use the same password for JAMB emails and profiles. They did it so as not to mess things up. but, some still used separate passwords to access the accounts. There is nothing wrong with that, with the information here on how to reset your JAMB/Email password you can retrieve both of them.
I’ll guide you here on how to recover the two passwords.
Lost or Forget Your Email?
It’s hard to see candidates forget their emails (if you do, check your JAMB registration form). If you have lost your JAMB registration form, you will need to access your email. A copy of your receipt was sent to your email address on the day of your JAMB registration.
Therefore, you don’t have to lose access to your email and registration form. If you lose both of them, this can be the dead-end of your approval.
However, it often happens that candidates forget their passwords or mix them up. This guide will help you a lot. Read on if you forget your email password or JAMB profile password.
How to recover your email password
Before trying to recover/reset your email password:
Try to use your phone number as a password. Some candidates used their phone number. Especially if you create it in a local cafe. It was found that they usually use phone numbers as email passwords for candidates who may not be there present, or as the case may be.
Test your date of birth in this format: 02/05/1998, but remove the bars. In other words, 02051998. This is another possible password that is used by candidates as email passwords.
If that doesn’t work, then let us reset your password now.
How to Retrieve Your JAMB Profile Password
- Make use of the options 1 and 2 stated above: As suggested under the password guide for email, try to use the option 1 and option 2.
- Try the following: 1 to 8 or 1 to 5/6: Which is 12345678 or 123456 or 12345. These are mostly used type of passwords by a good number of CBT centres.
- Try combining your surname with 123. For instance, if your surname is Bassey, use Bassey123
- Try UTME2019 or JAMB2019. Or lower case utme2019 or jamb2019.
- Check the emails you received to see the JAMB creation of the profile message. A message will be sent to either your phone number o r email address after your UTME registration. This message contained your JAMB profile password. Find the message, read the password it contains, and retrieve it.
If that doesn’t work, then reset your JAMB Password.
You will need the email address you used during registration and password here. In other words, to reset the password for your JAMB profile, you must first be able to log in to your email address. Once you’re in your email, follow the steps below.
- Visit the JAMB password retrieve link
- Enter both your email address and date of birth that were used to register for JAMB. To make sure which date of birth is used, consult your JAM sheet.
- Click “Password reset link”.
- Then a message with a link will be sent to your email. Click on this link.
- A new window is going to be opened. Enter the new password you want to change here. Then send.
- Then a success message is displayed.
Now you can log in to your JAMB profile with your email address and the new password you selected.
If after you have clicked the Get Password Reset Link, and you get an error message like the one below
Please close the page. Then check your email or spam inbox to see if the link was sent. If so, continue. Otherwise, try again later. The error is temporary and can take a few days. Wait a few hours or days and try again.