Following the release of Huawei OS (HarmonyOS) to battle the smartphone world with Android OS, the China-based company has released another major update EMUI 10 for Huawei P30, P30 Pro, and Huawei Mate 20 Pro for some selected Huawei phone running the EMUI 9. We are still hoping that the Huawei EMUI 10 will be available for EMUI 8 devices such as Huawei Y9 (upgraded to Huawei EMUI 9), Huawei Y9 Prime and some other Huawei phones to enjoy the new Huawei EMUI 10 that is made available for Huawei P30, Huawei P30 Pro, and Huawei Mate 20 Pro. Pending the time the new Huawei OS [HarmonyOS] will be made available for all Huawei phones, the Huawei EMUI 10 will possibly be extended to other 2018 and 2018 Huawei phones. However, while other Huawei phones will possibly get the EMUI 10 OTA with time without downloading the EMUI 10 OS package from developer sites, we’ll take a look at how to upgrade Huawei P30 to EMUI 10, Huawei P30 Pro, and Huawei Mate 20 Pro to EMUI 10 from EMUI 9.
Features of EMUI 10
We expect the Huawei EMUI 10 to come with tons of features to boost the previous Huawei EMUI 9 OS. However, for every update, the OS developers tend to pay more attention to security and performance. However, for EMUI 10 features, here are some notable features of the new release you’ll enjoy on your Huawei P30, Huawei P30 Pro, and Huawei Mate 20 Pro.
- To start with, the new EMUI 10 for Huawei P30 Pro, P30, and Huawei Mate P20 Pro brings about improvement in the smoothness of the devices and the new EMUI 9 to EMUI 10 update boost twice the normal performance of the existing OS on the selected Huawei phones.
- Another notable feature is the dark mode. Just like the new Blackberry KEY2 and KEY2 LE feature to schedule night mode. However, this dark mode enhances the phone users to be able to read text on their device despite the nature of the phone background.
- Android Q additions. The latest Android Q is said to include some new additions from the new Android Q. This feature, however, connotes that the EMUI 10 will have a better gesture, user-refined permissions, and have superior notifications.
- Another feature for EMUI 10 for Huawei Mate 20 Pro is the new Emotion user interface the devices are lacking in the previous EMUI 9.
There are some other expected features which you will get to know when you upgrade from EMUI 9 to EMUI 10 on your Huawei P30 Pro, P30, and Huawei Mate 20 Pro.
Backup your Huawei Phone
The EMUI 10 upgrade for Huawei Mate 20 Pro, P30, and Huawei P30 Pro will not delete your files and settings. However, the OS will help to improve security and phone performance alongside the mentioned features above.
However, there are various approaches to backup your phone. You can back up to iCloud, to an external drive, and you can even backup your phone to your MicroSD.
- Go to your Huawei phone app menu and click on the backup app
- Accept the notice and agree to the app permission
- You can backup to PC using Huawei HiSuite or select External storage to backup to your phone memory card
- Select your external drive from the next interface
- Find and select all your files to backup
- Click on Backup
Now, when the backup is done you will be sure that your files are saved for future purpose in case the Huawei P30, P30 Pro, and Huawei Mate 20 Pro upgrade to EMUI 10
How to Upgrade Huawei P30, P30 Pro and Huawei Mate 20 Pro
Power on your Huawei P30 or P30 Pro or Mate 20 Pro with the battery percentage not less than 30% when you want to upgrade to EMUI 10.
- Go to your Huawei P30 or P30 Pro or Mate 20 Pro settings
- Scroll down and click on the “System”
- Find the “Software” update and click on it
- Tap on “Check for Update“
- Wait for your Haiwei phone to search for “EMUI 10 update”
- Click on the download and install button
- Wait for the new release to download and follow the on-screen instruction to install the OS on your phone.
As recorded by Huawei, the Huawei Mate 20 Pro will run EMUI 10 on Android Q. With the procedures above, you will be able to upgrade Huawei P30 Pro to EMUI 10, upgrade Huawei P30 to EMUI 10, and Huawei Mate 20 Pro to EMUI 10.