I guess it is safe to assume that if you’re reading this, you’re looking for a solution to the Error code 0x0 0x0. Seeing 0X0 0X0 for the first time, what randomly comes to mind, maybe an equation or something in the arithmetics, but 0X0 0X0 is an error code that you could face while using your computer and other devices, provided you have Windows installed in them.
In this article, we will do well to discuss every relevant thing you need to know about 0X0 0X0 and most importantly, how you can resolve the issue when it happens, so read up to know.
What is 0x0 0x0
The 0x0 error code is one of Windows users’ most common issues worldwide. It is an error code that helps to detect any issue on your device as it provides details regarding the specific failure and the reason for this error, also the reason why your system isn’t operating correctly, and so on.
You may find this bug at various places on your device. If you are a technical person you can easily solve this problem but if you are not, then it could pose a challenge, which is why this article is necessary.
Don’t miss how to download Microsoft Windows ISO
What is an Error Code?
Wikipedia explains it so, In computer programming, a return code or an error code is a numeric or alphanumeric code that is used to determine the nature of an error and why it occurred.
In the programming language, you can find many error codes defined under the header file <error.h>. They are also commonly found in consumer electronics and devices when they attempt to do something they can’t do or fail to do.
What Causes the Error Code 0x0 0x0?
It is only wise that we know the cause of a problem as that will give us pointers or ideas on how best to solve them. So, the 0x0 0x0 error code is often caused by several things, such as;
- Incompatible programs running at the same time, this is the most common source of runtime problems.
- It might also be due to a memory issue.
- A poor graphics driver, i.e there could be some exceptions or a problem with the graphics driver.
- Error Code 0x0 0x0 may occur when you install or uninstall software incorrectly. You may receive the error code 0x0.
- Invalid or inaccurate registry entries can also cause it.
- A very common issue that many are perhaps guilty of, is hurriedly closing your computer directly without properly shutting it down, then 0x0 0x0 code appears.
- A power outage can also cause interruption.
- You may have carelessly removed some essential files or software.
- Viruses, malware attacks or infections could cause 0x0. So you need to keep your antivirus up to date.
- 0X0 on Windows OS issues can also be caused by out-of-date antivirus software.
- There could be some exceptions or a problem with the graphics driver.
- Error code 0x0 might also happen when you incorrectly install or remove software or applications.
Killer tips on how to burn Windows ISO to USB
How to Fix 0X0 0X0 Error Code
As earlier mentioned, error code 0X0 can occur as a result of many things, so here are various methods to resolve 0x0 errors, depending on the reason for the error. Let’s look at several options for resolving this error code.
I’ll again assume that you are a regular computer user, and as such are familiar with Windows and how it builds a registry to store data. These registry entries are what tell Windows how to interact with different types of files and applications.
Sometimes inevitably, the registry can be corrupted in some circumstances, and if this happens, you may have problems utilizing your computer. The 0x0 0x0 error occurs and you can repair the register by following the steps below:
Run Disc cleanup process
- You might want to get this started by checking the available space on your device.
- Space on your device can become an issue at times and the best thing you can do is clean up your data regularly and store it on your hard drive.
- Then, try restarting your computer if you need to fix error 0x0 0x0 quickly.
- You may also open Disk Cleanup by clicking the directory in your explorer window, and it’s also accessible via the Properties menu.
- You can use this by pressing the “Window+R” key combination.
- Then, type “cleanmgr” in the Run box and hit enter.
- The drive option is now visible, so go ahead and choose the drive you created while you were installing windows on which you want to run the disc cleanup and that does it.
Don’t miss how to create a bootable ISO on Windows 7
2. Update your Antivirus and Windows Software.
Once again, anyone who is familiar with devices knows how prone to viruses devices can be, and these virus and malware attacks can cause 0x0 0x0 runtime errors. In this case, you’ll need to;
- Update or install a reliable antivirus product, which will help you locate the infection and resolve the issue.
- After you’ve updated your antivirus software(always require the best ones and up to date)
- Then you must endeavour to do a full scan of your computer in a week to ensure it is virus-free.
- You can also go ahead to check for any available Windows updates. If this is the case, then the most recent update should be installed.
3. Reinstall your Graphic Driver
A graphics driver is the software that allows your operating system and programs to use your computer’s graphics hardware. If you are one to play PC games, then you should keep your computer’s graphics drivers updated to get the best performance out of your hardware).
If your graphics driver is poor, then that might be why you received the Error Code 0x0 0x0, requiring you to replace the graphic drivers. So what you need to do here is;
- You have to use the search bar to look for the device manager, and there will be a graphic driver option there.
- If you right-click on the graphic choice, you’ll get an option to uninstall it.
- After that, reboot your computer and reinstall the driver and that does it.
You Can Use Microsoft Fix it Tool
This is an online PC repair tool for the Microsoft Windows operating system, Internet Explorer, Xbox, Zune, Microsoft Office, and a selection of other Microsoft tools and applications. Fix provides a Web-based point-and-click interface to simplify the repair of common computer issues.
So you can quickly solve common PC issues with the Fix-It Tool and it helps you clean up damaged folders and resolve Error 0x0 0x0 issues.
There are over 100 fixes available, and Fix-It scans your system for problems and provides automated solutions. They’re available for free in the Microsoft Store, so you can choose which repairs to apply in the Advanced Options menu. There is no need to worry about forgetting to schedule a full system upgrade or tune-up with Fix It.
You could also experience the error code as a result of a hardware-related issue,
Windows 10 comes with built-in driver management that makes finding and upgrading the right driver make your device a breeze.
To fix it:
- Click on Update Driver Software from the lists that you find in the Search Apps Section.
- In this window, locate the devices that require new drivers and pitch on one of the best alternatives available.
- After that, just start downloading the best available software package for your PC
Now, to install the required drivers for Windows versions, that are older than Windows 10 or to install drivers for 0x0 error codes in Windows 7, just follow the steps below:
- Open device manager and right-click on “Unknown device” under “other devices”
- Click on “Update Driver Software”
- Step 3: Click on“ Browse my computer from driver software” and place it at the driver downloaded location
5. You Need To Change Your RAM
If none of the software repairs worked, the problem could be due to a bad piece of hardware, and the most common faulty piece of hardware is usually the RAM.
So if that be the case, then you can simply replace your old RAM sticks with fresh ones that will show whether or not the problem is RAM-related. The issue was likely caused by bad RAM on your motherboard.
Other Common Error Messages you might Experience on your Computer
Some other common error you will likly encounter on your Windows computer apart from the 0x0 0x0 error code include the following.
1. Blue Screen of Death
This sounds outright scary and it is one of the most infamous scenes that can appear on your Windows computer screen. It occurs when the operating system encounters a “stop error,” which is caused by damaged or faulty hardware. In some cases, the computer will automatically restart as a form of defense.
How to fix it:
You can just simply boot the computer in “safe mode” and then perform a clean boot process on the OS. Reinstallation will have to be made and drivers should be updated to avoid these errors in the future.
Unfortunately, a BSOD error will cause data loss in any situation.
2. Boot Device Not Found
This message appears for Windows users because a boot device is required for the computer to start properly and the machine isn’t recognizing any device. The causes of this failure can be many things including the hard drive’s boot sector being corrupt, the BIOS being rearranged in a configuration change, or the hard drive itself may be damaged.
How to fix it:
You can start by checking the BIOS settings and ensuring the boot order is correct. If this is not the issue, you may need to replace your hard drive and install a new version of your Windows operating system.
In this instance, you will have no access to the files on the hard drive that was removed and will need data recovery.
3. Unable to Install applications
This is another very common error message that appears when you attempt to install or download a new file or program. It means that there is not enough free space in the internal storage to accommodate the new data.
How to fix it:
Simply free up space by deleting files and folders that are no longer needed. In some cases, the OS may be missing updates, and the applications are not installed.
Optimizing your hard drive and updating the computer will help to solve this issue. Regular updating and a backup strategy will ensure that you do not experience unnecessary data loss.
4. SMART Hard Disk Error 301
This error indicates that the hard disk or solid-state drive has already experienced a failure, or soon will. This error message will appear when you turn on the device and can cause serious damage if not treated immediately.
It could be the result of a broken controller chip, failed installation of an application, a power surge, or malware.
How to Fix it
Sometimes, you can just change the BIOS sequence or attempt a reboot, but if the drive has a physical error, then it is best not to run the computer to avoid further damage.
Final Words on Error Code 0x0 0x0 on Windows and other Related issues
Based on the fact that many Windows users are looking for solutions to the same problem, the Error code 0x0 0x0 is becoming increasingly common.
Error 0x0 0x0 on Windows 10 can be quite frustrating and many people encounter it, but it can be resolved with these few simple steps which we have done well to outline in the article.
The prior approaches will suffice most of the time, but if the problem persists or you have little or no technical understanding, then it will only be wise to seek professional help.
If none of these recommendations work, then you should leave your computer alone and seek professional advice because attempting anything else can further worsen the issue, which might then result in full-blown damage to your computer system.
We hope this helps.