You were a loyal Microsoft Office 365 subscriber, but now you want to sign out. Maybe you are happy with the free version of Office Online or even with Google Docs, the biggest rival. Or you no longer need Word, Excel or other applications in the suite. This article will teach you how to cancel your Microsoft Office 365 Subscription with ease.
How can you add the Kibosh to your subscription? The steps to cancel your Office 365 subscription depend on whether you’re still in the 30-day trial or already in the middle of your paid subscription.
First, Office 365 is the same product as the standard version of Office 2016. The only difference is that you pay Office 365 with a yearly or monthly subscription, while you only pay Office 2016 once, just like in the good old days.
To keep Office 365 alive, you still need to pay these annual or monthly fees. Otherwise, your subscription will be cancelled. With the standard version of Office 2016, you can use the product for as long as you want. However, you will still get the latest version of Office for the Office 365 subscription fee. Depending on your subscription, you can use the software on multiple PCs or devices.
Home users can choose between Office 365 Personal for $ 69.99 a year ($ 6.99 a month) and Office 365 Home for $ 99.99 a year ($ 9.99 a month). With Office 365 Personal, you can use the suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Publisher and Access) on a PC or Mac, on the phone and a tablet.
With Office 365 Home, you may use the software for up to five PCs, including Macs, phones and tablets. You can try the Home Edition for one month free of charge. After your free trial, you will be billed monthly or annually.
- How to Cancel Acorn TV Subscription
- How to Cancel Hellofresh
- How to Cancel an Upload on Instagram
- How to Cancel LinkedIn Premium
- How to Cancel Your Microsoft Office 365 Subscription
- How to Cancel Showtime Subscription
- How to cancel HBO in less than a minute
- How to Cancel TalkTalk Broadband
- How to Cancel Anytime Gym Fitness Membership
- How to Cancel Envy Massage Membership
- How to Cancel Planet Fitness Membership
- How to Cancel Acorn TV on Roku
- How to Cancel Dazn Subscription
- How to Cancel Audible Membership Account
- How to cancel Amazon Music Subscriptions
- How to Cancel People’s Postcode Lottery
- How to Cancel Denplan Membership And Pause Your Subscriptions
- How To Cancel Nuffield Health Membership And Freeze Subscriptions
- How To Cancel Beer52 Subscription & Postpone Deliveries
- How To Cancel Vimeo Subscription and Account
- How To Cancel The National Lottery Account Or Purchased Tickets Easily
- How To Cancel ProBiller Subscription: A Quick Guide
- How To Cancel NOW TV Subscription [A Step-By-Step Guide]
- How To Cancel Tesco Mobile Contract: A Quick Guide
- How To Cancel BT Sport Subscription: A Quick Guide
- How To Cancel SimplyCook Subscription and Postpone Deliveries
- How To Cancel Amazon Order
- How To Cancel MBNA Credit Card Account
- How To Cancel ESPN Plus Subscription [A Quick Guide]
What happens if you cancel Microsoft 365 subscription?
If you cancel your Microsoft 365 subscription, you will have full access to the service until your next renewal date.
After you cancel Microsoft 365, you will lose access to bonuses such as additional OneDrive storage and Skype minutes that you may have received as part of the subscription. You retain access to these bonuses until the end of your current subscription period.
Once you’ve cancelled and your subscription has expired, you can use Microsoft 365 in view-only mode. In this restricted mode, you can open and print documents, but you cannot make changes or create new documents.
How to Cancel Microsoft Office 365 Subscription
It’s great, but maybe you’ve tried Office 365, and you don’t want it anymore. If it is still in the test phase, you can easily cancel it so that it does not automatically renew at the end of the 30 days.
If you’re in the middle of a subscription that you’ve already paid for and have auto-renew enabled, you can turn auto-renew off or cancel the Microsoft office 365 subscription altogether.
1. Log in
First, let’s take a look at how to cancel your trial subscription so that it’s not automatically renewed after 30 days. Sign in to your Microsoft account page.
2. Services and subscriptions
Click on the Services and Subscriptions menu item on your account page.
On your Services and Subscriptions page, under your Office 365 subscription, click the “Cancel” link.
4. Are you sure?
If you still have a free 30-day trial subscription to Office Home, the system will ask if you are safe. Click the “Confirm Cancellation” button.
5. The free trial will continue
On the next page, you’ll see the message “Your Office 365 subscription won’t be renewed automatically.” The free 30-day trial subscription for Office Home remains valid until the end of the period for the trail, so you may continue to make use of it until then.
6. Cancel the automatic renew
What if you have already paid for your subscription and set it up for automatic renewal? In this case, you can turn off auto-renewal, so you can continue to use Office 365 until your subscription is active. On the Services and Subscriptions page, click “Disable automatic renewal.”
7. Are you sure?
In the ‘Are you sure?’ click ‘Confirm cancellation’ option on the page. On the next page, you’ll see the message “Your Office 365 subscription won’t be renewed automatically.” You can continue to use Office 365 until your first subscription is active.
8. Get a refund (maybe)
What if you want to cancel your subscription directly, hoping to get a refund for the unused time? Well, that may or may not be an option. According to Microsoft, you can get a refund if you bought an annual subscription in the past 30 days, or if you bought a monthly subscription and cancelled it within 30 days of your last renewal date. Otherwise, Office 365 will charge you and your monthly or annual fees for the rest of your subscription.
To try to cancel, return to the Services & Subscriptions page and click the “Cancel” link. (The cancel link may only appear if auto-renew is enabled.)
In the “Are you sure?” Click ‘Confirm Cancellation’ option on the page to cancel the subscription.
If you can cancel your subscription instead of just disabling automatic renewal, your access to Office 365 will be put in a restricted working mode, where you can view your documents without changing them.
Otherwise, you have full access to your documents until your subscription expires. If you have any questions about your Office 365 subscription (how to cancel your eligibility for a refund), you can contact Microsoft Support on the Contact Us for Accounts and Billing page.