If you’re looking for an easy way to access your favourite movies and TV shows from the comfort of your own home on your Samsung TV, Amazon Prime is definitely one out of a hundred. Therefore, we will consider how to install Amazon Prime on Samsung TV in this article and how you can watch your favourite movies without hassles.
With Amazon Prime Video, you can watch thousands of titles on demand, as well as original Amazon programs like The Boys and The Marvelous Mrs Maisel and more.
There is almost no limit to the number of channels and shows you stand to get with Prime Video and even better, you can watch all these with a Samsung Smart TV without having to use any external devices whatsoever unless your Amazon Prime subscription is expired or you want to cast/mirror your phone screen to your Smart TV.
To access your Amazon Prime Video subscription directly on your Samsung TV. All you need is a compatible Samsung Smart TV of 2015 model or later and an Amazon Prime Video account or an Amazon Prime account.
Once you have those, this guide will show you how to install and watch Amazon Prime Video on your Samsung Smart TV.
Coupled with that, we’ll also go through alternative ways to connect your Samsung TV with Amazon Prime Video and how you can troubleshoot any issues you may encounter.
Whether you’re new to streaming or a seasoned pro, this guide will help you get the most out of your Amazon Prime Video subscription. So, let’s get started!
About Amazon Prime Video
Amazon Prime Video is a subscription-based streaming service that offers a large selection of movies, TV shows, and original programming. It’s available on a variety of devices, and it comes at a monthly cost of $8.99 per month.
However, before you can use Prime Video to view content, you need to have an account with prime video or Amazon Prime and have the Prime Video app installed on your Samsung TV.
Since that is the case, we will be delving into how you can get an Amazon Prime Video account.
How to Install and Watch Amazon Prime Video on Samsung Smart TV
In order to watch movies, series, TV shows, and Amazon originals on Samsung TV with Amazon Prime, you must first sign up for a Prime account with either a free trial or a subscription. You can check out this guide on how to get Amazon Prime free trial.
Subscriptions cannot be purchased within the Prime Video app on Samsung TV; therefore, it is necessary to sign up for the service on the official website before downloading the app.
Here is how to go about that.
How to Sign Up for Amazon Prime Video
Here is how to go about it:
- Launch a browser on any of your smart devices.
- Visit primevideo.com.
- On the homepage, click Start your 30-day free trial to sign up for the service.
NB: There are two kinds of subscriptions you can pay for to access Prime video content. You can pay for the Prime Video subscription, which comes at a monthly cost of $8.99 per month, or the Amazon Prime Membership plan, which costs $14.99 per month and includes Prime Video with e-commerce benefits.
Recommended: How to Activate Amazon Prime Video
How to Install Amazon Prime on Samsung TV
If you have signed up for a Prime Video account, the next step is to install the Prime Video app on your Samsung TV.
Doing this is quite easy, as you simply have to visit the Smart Hub, install it, and you are ready to go; However, you need to be using a 2015 Samsung model or later.
Having said that, here is a breakdown of how to do all that.
- Firstly, launch your Samsung TV and connect it to the Internet [Settings >> General >> Network System >> Open Network].
- Press the Smart Hub button on your remote.
- Next, select the Apps icon.
- Search for Prime Video
- Select it from the search results and click the Install button on its information page.
- Wait for the download to finish.
- Once installed, launch the app to start using it.
How to Sign in to Amazon Prime on Samsung TV
Now that you have been able to install the Amazon Prime Video app and you have a working Prime Video account, all you have to do now is sign in to the Prime Video app after installing it on the smart hub.
Here is a breakdown of how to do that.
- Launch the Prime Video app on Samsung TV.
- On the first screen, click on Sign in and Start Watching.
- Type in your Amazon Login credential to gain access to your account.
- If you are a new user, click on Register on the Amazon website.
- When you do that, an activation code will appear on the screen.
- Now you have to type in that activation code on the Amazon activation page to register your device.
- Once you have registered your device, you can start streaming any movie you want.
How to Watch Amazon Prime on Samsung TV with AirPlay
One of the alternative ways to get Prime Video Movies on your Samsung TV if you don’t want to install it from the Smart Hub Store is to use the AirPlay feature to cast your smartphone screen to your smart TV.
Here is how you should go about it.
- Power on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Go to Settings and select General.
- Select the Apple AirPlay Settings option and turn on the AirPlay feature.
- Choose First Time Only in the Require Code box and turn on the subtitles and captioning features if you wish.
- Turn on your iPhone or iPad,
- Install the Amazon Prime Video app from the App Store.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad and Samsung Smart TV to the same WiFi connection.
- Open the Amazon Prime Video app and sign in with your account.
- Play any video content and tap the AirPlay icon.
- Select your Samsung Smart TV from the list of devices.
- The video content from the Amazon Prime Video app will now appear on your Samsung TV.
Amazon Prime Video Samsung TV Not Working
If you are experiencing any problems with streaming on Amazon Prime Video, such as a dark picture, no sound, limited access to full-screen mode, buffering, lagging, not loading, or freezing, here are some possible fixes to try.
- Restart the Samsung Smart TV and relaunch Prime Video.
- Log out of the Prime Video app and sign in again after 10–15 minutes.
- Uninstall the Prime Video app and install it again.
- Soft reset the Samsung Smart TV and try again.
- Update the Prime Video app on the Samsung TV.
- Ensure that your Amazon Prime or Prime Video subscription is active.
- Reset the Samsung TV to its default settings.
- Contact Samsung or Amazon Prime Video support for further assistance.
Recommended: How to Fix Amazon Prime Video not Working
Amazon Prime Video App for Smart TV
You can get the Amazon Prime Video app from the Smart Hub. All you need to do is press the Smart Hub button and search for Amazon Prime Video. If you are having trouble with the App or you cannot find the app, try updating your OS; if this does not work, then you might be using a Samsung model lower than 2015.
Can’t find the Amazon app on Samsung TV.
If you are faced with a scenario where you cannot find the Prime Video app on the smart hub, you need to update your TV OS and then restart your smart TV.
Now that you know how to install and watch Amazon Prime Video on Samsung Smart TV, you can enjoy watching all of your favourite movies, TV shows, and more with a Samsung TV.
With the Prime Video app, you can easily access the Amazon library and stream your favourite content at any time, So get ready to kick back and relax while it lasts