Streaming TV shows and movies on Hulu is fantastic, but did you know that you can download Hulu shows to watch offline? With a little planning, you can enjoy your favorite shows, even if you don’t have an internet connection.
With offline downloads, Hulu enables paid subscribers to save content for later viewing when they disconnect from Wi-Fi or cellular service. Hulu brings the new function online with Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, which have been offering offline downloads for some time.
Hulu said that “thousands” of TV shows and films will be available for download, but not all can be downloaded from the service. To start, all original Hulu hits, including The Handmaid’s Tale, can be downloaded offline.
How do Hulu offline downloads work?
- No Ads plan required.
Offline downloads are exclusive to paid subscribers to Hulu’s No Ads plan. This plan costs $ 11.99 a month, while the basic service plan is $ 5.99 a month. Hulu’s business model here is clearly to promote subscriptions at their most expensive, ad-free subscription level.
- Download limit
You can download up to 25 tracks on five different devices. You also have up to 30 days to view the downloaded content. If the content is displayed, the download expires two days after the start of playback. If it expires, you can renew it if the content is still available.
What you need to see Hulu offline download option.
- To download Hulu programs, you must meet the following requirements:
- Your account should be No Ads or No Ads + Live TV.
- The program you want to download must allow downloads. Not all TV shows or movies can be downloaded, but thousands can.
- You must have a mobile device that is compatible with iOS, Android, or Amazon Fire.
- You must have the Hulu app installed on your device (free download from the iOS App Store and the Google Play Store).
- Hulu can only be downloaded on the mobile devices listed above. You cannot download programs to desktops, laptops, or smart TVs.
How Long Do Hulu Downloads Last?
Unobserved downloads remain active on your mobile device for 30 days after downloading. If you start playing a download, it will remain valid for 48 hours after you view it.
If you have a download that you haven’t seen after 30 days, you can renew it. To do this, go to the Downloads menu, tap the exclamation point next to an episode, and then tap Update Download. This gives you another 30 days to watch the episode.
Download on Hulu settings
You may need to make changes to the app settings before downloading it to Hulu. Tap the Downloads section at the bottom of the app, then tap the Settings icon (the gear on the top right).
You will see some sections. One is titled Video Quality and is set to Standard by default. You can tap it and set it to High if you want your downloadable movie or show to look better. Note that switching to Alta will extend the download and take up more space on your device.
There is another section called Cellular Download. The default setting is usually Off. Tap the slider to set it to On if you want to use your cellular connection to manage downloads on Hulu. If you have a limited data plan, it is recommended to leave this setting disabled.
Finally, there is a memory indicator in the Settings section. Displays the total amount of storage space and the amount of Hulu content used.
How to Download Hulu Movies
Learn how to download and watch movies and TV shows in your Hulu app.
- Open the Hulu app and select your compatible movie or TV show to download (in our case Brooklyn Nine-Nine).
- Navigate to the episode you want to download, and you will see a circular down arrow icon. Touch it, and the download will start.
- When the download is complete, return to the Hulu homepage and tap the Downloads section below.
- You should download your Brooklyn Nine-Nine episode in your download library. Tap to play the episode.
- There is a checkmark next to the episode. Tap on it to get the episode description. You should also see a trash can icon labeled Remove Download at the bottom. Tap it if you want to delete the episode on your device.
To find TV shows and movies that can be downloaded offline, tap the new download icon in the menu bar of the Hulu mobile app and select the option that says ‘Show what can be downloaded,’ and a download icon for the video that is offline viewing complaint appears in the search results.