WhatsApp Business is a WhatsApp app developed for small business owners to manage their business customers outside their personal WhatsApp account.
The business WhatsApp app has similar features to the official WhatsApp app for Android and iOS smartphone.
However, You can use both the Business WhatsApp and official WhatsApp on the same device using a different number. If you are a small business owner you can use both the Business WhatsApp and the WhatsApp app on the same phone that supports dual SIM.
The business app developed for WhatsApp users help to provide information about business your model, what you sells, your store, what you have on ground, site URL and how you market and reach out to your seller.
The messenger is quick and seamlessly like the official WhatsApp, you can use it the way you are using the normal WhatsApp on your phone.
With the WhatsApp for business you will be able to verify your account and a verifiication badge will be added to your account. You will also be able to add your business description, you office location, your business website, and many more.
Table of Contents
Features of WhatsApp Business App
Before you create a WhatsApp bussiness account for your online store or business here are some of the features.
- Business profile: Provides relevant information to your business client about your business such as website, location, contact, and other relevant information.
- WhatsApp Web: Just like the normal WhatsApp web, you can use the WnatsApp for business with WhatsApp web whether on your browser or using the web WhatsApp app for PC.
- Messaging: The app allows users to send messages to customers, know when their messages have been read, and read replies from recepients.
- Account Type: This WhatsApp is strictly business account. If you like you can use it as your normal business but it’s classified as a business account.
- Download media: You can send and receive media such as photos and videos from your customers and send samples of your products to your customers as well.
- Verify Account: Unlike the normal WhatsApp app account, the business app allows you to verify your business with WhatsApp once your business phone number matches with the WhatsApp phone number, you can verify your WhatsApp and a green badge will be added to your account indicating that you have been verified on WhatsApp.
Ready to Install the Business App
If you already installed WhatsApp on the phone you want to install your Business WhatsApp on, please follow this procedures so you will not replace the existing WhatsApp with the new WhatsApp.
- Backup your old WhatsApp on your phone that is not the business WhatsApp you will be asked to migrate your chat history to the new one you are about to download.
- You can do that and you can ignore the option. However, whichever way you choose to follow, make sure your back up your WhatsApp before you start.
- If you choose to migrate all your chat history to your business WhatsApp account you will not be able to migrate it back to your personal WhatsApp when your delete the business app. That is why it’s important to backup WhatsApp chat history if you want to migrate it to your business account.
Download WhatsApp Business for Android & iOS
The business app is currently available in some selected region such as Brazil, India, etc. However, to know whether you can download the business app to manage your business on WhatsApp instead of the personal WhatsApp app, here is how to download the app.
- Download WhatsApp Business from Google Play Store for Android and from the App store for iOS.
- Verify your business phone number, the one you wish to use and it must be different from your personal WhatsApp account phone number
- Restore your chat history, if you wish. Do not forget you can use this chat history on your personal account
- Set your business name. E.g, Gadgetswright
- Build your profile.
- Tap More options > Settings > Business settings > Profile to view your profile.
How to Verify WhatsApp Business
Once you have been able to download the WhatsApp business app and install it on your personal WhatsApp phone or another phone dedicated for your business.
The next thing is to verify your account so that the blue badge can be added to your account before WhatsApp confirmed it, here is the step by step procedures to verify your WhatsApp business account.
1. Your country will be choosen automatically when you are creating your business account on WhatsApp.
2. If the country selected is different from your country, click on the drop menu to select your country.
3. Enter your phone number. Suppose you are a Nigerian and you want to verify your business account on WhatsApp, the number you want to verify will be like (+234)80345**** where the first digit, 0, is not necessary.
4. Click on the “Next” button.
5. Choose how to verify your number whether through SMS or call. If you selected phone call, WhatsApp will put a call through to the number to dictate the verification code otherwise send the code via SMS if you didn’t go with the latter.
6. Type the WhatsApp verification code into the column provided and your account will be verified.
You cannot verify WhatsaApp business using a landline or the same phone number you use with your personal WhatsApp account.
WhatsApp acquired a new domain name to create a WhatsApp shortlink to be able to send message directly from the web or sharing your WhatsApp to your customers on your website.
However, this makes it very easy to reach out to so many customers on your business site. Follow the procedures below you’ll be able to create a shortlink for your business account on WhatsApp.
To include your WhatsApp link in your website just include https://wa.me/816707*** . Take note of the phone number and you will be redirected to https://api.whatsapp.com/send?phone=8167073715&text=&source=&data=.
For customers to send message directly to you, they just need to click on the send message button and they’ll be taken directly to your WhatsApp business page where they can commnunicated with you easily on WhatsApp.