After being rebranded from CBS All Access by Viacom CBS, Paramount Plus has become the go-to streaming platform since It comes with almost everything you can get on platforms such as Netflix and Disney+.
This alone makes it a competitive player in the online streaming space.
However, adding it to your TV can also seem a bit daunting if you are a new user but since you’re here to figure out the answer to “How do you get Paramount Plus on your TV ?” I will be answering that along with how can you tell if your smart TV is supported.
How to get it for free and what to do if you can’t get Paramount Plus on your television.
How Do you Get Paramount Plus on your TV?
Getting Paramount Plus on your TV is an easy process. Although there are a few things you have to get right if you are going to be watching Paramount Plus without any hassles.
Firstly, you have to be using a supported device.
This is one of the few things that people tend to overlook: a supported device includes not only the model you’re using but also the software version and the model of the TV you want to use with Paramount plus.
Now that you know that, here is the list of supported devices that will work with Paramount Plus.
NB: While all these devices are known to work with Paramount Plus, you have to be using a later version and the software has to be updated to the latest operating system if you do not want to struggle with the process below.
Now that we’ve touched on all these, let’s break down how to get it on your smart TV.
Recommended: How much is Paramount Plus on Xfinity
How Do You Get Paramount Plus on Smart TVs?
The first step is to download the Paramount Plus app on your TV.
Basically, if you’re using a smart TV, you can accomplish that by searching for it in the channel applications menu or by downloading it from the play store or app store.
After doing that, all you need to do is activate the Paramount Plus app.
Using the App
- Open the Paramount+ app.
- Now sign in.
- Select “On my TV.”
- Input the email and password you used when subscribing to Paramount+.
NB: If you do not already have a Paramount account, you must create one.
Using the Web
- Launch the Paramount+ app.
- Choose “Sign In.”
- Choose on the Web.
- You will be shown a website and a code. Keep the code somewhere, as you will need it for the next step.
- Visit the website that was provided to you and enter the activation code.
- Afterwards, select “submit.”
- The website will look similar to paramountplus.com/(TV name)
- Once you are on the website, type in your activation code and select “Submit.”
- If you’re not signed in to Paramount+ on your computer, you’ll need to do so here.
After doing all these, your screen will refresh, and you can start streaming Paramount Plus channels on your TV.
Recommended: How much is Paramount Plus Subscription
How to get Paramount Plus for free
You can get Paramount Plus for free when you register as a new user to get the 7 days Free Trial.
All you have to do is;
- Register for Paramount Plus via the app or on the official website.
- Enter your personal information
- Select the plan you want to choose for payment.
Once you are signed up, you will be able to access all the content of Paramount Plus free of charge for 7 days.
Trial period of two months
With Microsoft’s Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, you have a unique opportunity to receive two free months of Paramount Plus and the Halo TV series.
If you own an Xbox, you can use the Xbox Game Pass subscription to watch the newest movies and TV shows, including Paramount Plus.
With this, you can get a free month of Paramount Plus. All you have to do is go to the Perks Gallery if you wish to take advantage of it.
1-month trial period
A 1-month free trial is available through a browser extension.
All you have to do is install the Coupert Extension before you can start using them.
Here is how to go about that:
- Install the Coupert coupon extension on your Chrome browser.
- Now, go to Paramount Plus and sign up.
- Enter your personal information
- Click “Continue” and select a plan.
- Once you are done with that, click “continue.”
- Once you reach the payment page, look for a coupon code on the right pane.
- Afterwards, click on the box to uncover all the available coupon codes offered by Coupert.
- As you scroll through, you will see the trial offer of 1 month for free instead of 1 week. Select it and continue.
How to get Paramount Plus on Samsung TV
If you use a Samsung Smart TV, make sure it is a 2017 – 2022 model because paramount plus is not supported on versions earlier than the 2017 model.
If that is sorted out, here is how to go about it:
- Locate and select the search icon.
- Enter Paramount Plus on the input bar
- Locate and select it from the results.
- On the Paramount page, choose “Install.”
- Start the paramount + app.
- Sign up as a new user.
- Select your subscription plan.
- Pick between a monthly or annual plan.
- Click Continue
- Enter all the required information.
- Click Continue
- Finally, confirm the payment method and get a one-week free trial.
How to Install Paramount Plus on Your LG Smart TV
For Paramount Plus to work on your LG smart TV, you have to be using an LG TV with WebOS 4.0 or higher.
That being said, here is how to add it to your LG TV.
- Press the Home button on the LG TV remote.
- Head to the LG Content Store tile.
- Type “Paramount Plus” into the virtual keyboard.
- Select “Paramount Plus” from the search results to access it.
- Now, click the Install option to begin installing the Paramount+ app.
- Launch the Paramount Plus app on your LG Smart TV.
- Sign in or sign up for Paramount Plus.
- You will now be prompted to enter your Paramount+ credentials on your LG TV.
- Afterwards, an activation code or login code will be shown on paramountplus.com.
- Go to the LG TV activation website (https://www.paramountplus.com/activate/lg/) and fill out the form.
- After entering the Paramount+ activation code, click the “Activate” button.
NB: After you’ve been verified, you will be able to stream Paramount Plus content on your LG TV.
Why can’t I find Paramount Plus on my TV?
Generally, the main reasons why you can’t find Paramount Plus on your TV is because you are either using an unsupported device to access it or you are using an old operating system on a supported device
In some other cases, you might be operating from a different country, and you have to fix it by using a VPN.
How do I get Paramount Plus on Sky?
- On your Sky Q remote, press the microphone button.
- say “Get Paramount Plus.”
- You must select Get Paramount+ when prompted.
- Confirm the cost of the subscription by clicking the button.
- After doing this, you should get a confirmation page with a QR code on it.
- Use that QR code to access the Sky website by visiting sky.com/paramountplus-activate.
- Sign in with your Sky account to confirm your subscription.
- Finally, you will then be taken to the Paramount+ website, where you will be able to sign up or sign in.
Can you watch Paramount Plus on any TV?
You can watch Paramount Plus on any TV that has internet access and is compatible with a live streaming stick such as Roku, Xfinity, Amazon Fire Stick, and so on.
Is Paramount Plus free with Amazon Prime?
Paramount Plus is one of the channels that are accessible on the Prime Video app. However, just because you can easily get it there does not mean it is free.
Paramount TV is a premium service, so you have to subscribe to it to watch its channels.
After reading this article, you should know the answers to the questions “How do you get Paramount Plus on your TV?” and “What could happen if Paramount Plus does not install on your smart TV?”
If this article has been helpful, feel free to share and bookmark this website.