Here you will learn the steps to follow to activate ESPN on fire TV to watch your favorite TV shows, episodes, channels, e.t.c on EpixNow app on your Amazon TV.
With ESPN app installed an activated on your Fire TV there will be no need to use your mobile device or pc( Windows or mac) to watch all your favorite channels on EpixNow.
Therefore, we will walk you through what to do to install ESPN app on your fire TV, activate the ESPN app on your fire TV, and how to fix the ESPN app not working on your Fire TV.
What is ESPN?
ESPN is a sport streaming platforms that enables you to stream live games, indepth news and analysis. ESPN is an online channel that provide you with streaming videos of sports and get you updated with every sport news you need. ESPN are also generally known as entertainment and sport programming network.
Supported Fire TV device for ESPN
- Amazon Kindle Fire (1st Generation or newer)
- Amazon Fire tablets (4th Generation or newer)
- Amazon Fire TV and Fire Stick
- Amazon Fire TV Edition Smart TVs
How to Activate ESPN on Fire TV
To activate ESPN on Fire TV, you firstly need to take the following steps or procedures
- To get ESPN Plus on Amazon Fire TV, you first need an active subscription to the streaming service. You’ll also need a Fire Stick compatible TV and a working internet connection.
- Follow these steps to sign up for ESPN Plus if you don’t have a subscription yet:
- from your web browser go to the official website of ESPN PLUS
- Enter the “Subscribe to ESPN+ only”
- Create your ESPN Plus account. You must create a user name and password
- select your payment method.
- selecting the payment method shows that you are already registered on ESPN account.
After you have a subscription, you can now proceed to install ESPN plus
- Move to the Home Screen on your Fire TV and enter the search icon.
- Type in “ESPN” in the search field.
- open the ESPN app and “Get” to begin the installation.
- open the ESPN app on your home screen
- sign in using your credentials and select the “ESPN+” tab to start streaming ESPN Plus content.
It is possible that the ESPN app prompts you to subscribe again after being fully subscribe. in case this happens, you can fix the issue by relinking your ESPN Plus account to your subscription so you can activate ESPN on Fire TV. Here’s how you can do that:
- Select the “Settings” tab in the ESPN app.
- Select “Subscriptions.”
- Then choose “ESPN+” on the next screen and login. This will bring up an activation code on your screen.
- Note down the code to activate ESPN on Fire TV. Simply go to http://espn.com/activate using your web browser.
- Enter the activation code in the given field and click on “Continue.”
- Next, log in to your ESPN account or create a new one. Now you’ve linked your subscription to your Amazon Fire Stick, and you can use the account on any other supported device as well.
Solutions to ESPN not working on your Fire TV
Here are the processes to take on having solutions to many trouble shooting tips you are experiencing.
- check your network or internet connection connection
- check for ESPN outage
- power cycle your fire tv
- reinstall the ESPN app on your fire TV
- Clear ESPN cache on your Fire TV
Check your network or internet connection
If you are experiencing a network problem on your server, it is necessary for you to check your network connection settings. To fix your network problems follow these procedures.
- from the main Fire, TV menu go to Settings, using your remote.
- move to network
- after that press play and pause button from your remote
- it will show network connection problem from your screen
In case you still can’t activate ESPN on Fire TV, try the next point below to fix the problem.
Check your ESPN data outage
having a data outage shows that the site might be down for some time and that problem is not only on you but generally.
Another day another service outage comes to light. Just in case you’re trying to get your head around why the ESPN Fantasy app isn’t working for you, find solace in the fact that you aren’t the only one facing issues lately.
checking for data outages makes you know if the problem you are the only one facing the problems or it might be general.
This explanation should be much helpful for you to activate ESPN on your fire TV.
Power cycle your Fire TV
To power cycle, your fire tv means to switch it off and on over and over again. To power cycle your fire TV you need to follow the procedures below
- There are several ways on how to restart your Amazon Fire TV
- You can unplug your amazon fire TV
- Restart your Amazon Fire Stick in Settings
- Restart your Amazon Fire Stick using your remote
Reinstall the ESPN app on your Fire TV
To reinstall means that you must first uninstall and install back.
To uninstall apps on your Firestick, go to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications. Then select the ESPN app, and select Uninstall. Finally, click Uninstall again when yous see the pop-up warning screen.
Clear ESPN Cache on your Fire TV
Clearing ESPN cache shows that alot of cache are affecting the system and also making it to be overloaded and affecting the space of your fire tv. the steps below will guide you on how to clear the cache on your Fre TV.
- Enter the settings.
- after that move to the application
- then select manage installed application
- Then select an app.
- and now scroll down and click clear cache
Understand that you can only have access to ESPN full contents only when you are siubscribed to either a Provide account or a ESPN+ plus account. Su bscribing to a ESPN+ account however doesn’t give you access to the poriginal ESPN Live content.
Following this guide carefully would help, you activate ESPN on your Firew TV easily. If this article helped, let us know in the comments. You may also want to check out how to activate Fox Sport go on Fire TV.