If you have an ESPN plus subscription you can link it with your PS4 and PS5 gaming console. So, in this guide, we will discuss how to activate ESPN Plus on PS4 and PS5 respectively.
To activate ESPN Plus on PS4 or PS5 you need an activation code from the ESPN app on your PS4 device. Instead of using your ESPN+ username and password [with a subscription to sign in], you will be prompted to visit the ESPN activation page on ESPN.com/activate, enter the ESPN activation code on the ESPN app and sign in to your ESPN account to validate the code.
Also, there is no need for a TV provider to activate your ESPN account on your PS4 or PS5 console. Although, having a TV provider’s account is an added advantage. Which could mean that you no longer need to subscribe to ESPN plus to activate the ESPN app on the PlayStation console.
How to Subscribe to ESPN+ on Phone
To begin with, you need to subscribe to the ESPN plus paid membership so that you can stream across all the supported devices including your PS4 or PS5.
Therefore, I am going to walk you through the steps to take to subscribe to ESPN plus on your phone.
- Launch the ESPN + app on your phone. Or download it from here.
- Tap on “Subscribe Now” on the screen.
- Choose your plan (monthly or annually) and select “Subscribe Now.”
- To purchase your ESPN subscription on the device tap “Confirm.”
- Select “Login” if you have an ESPN account or Create an account if you are a new customer.
- Select “Link to watch on other devices” on the pop-up.
- Tap on the “Settings” gear icon to the top right.
- Select “Log in to your ESPN account” and enter your username and password from the next screen.
Once you have logged into your ESPN plus account on the device you use to subscribe to your ESPN plan, follow the next steps to activate the ESPN plus app on your PS4 or PS5 streaming device.
Install ESPN Plus on PS4 or PS5
PS5 users don’t have to worry about how to install the ESPN app on their console if the streaming app is already preinstalled.
However, PS4 users on the other hand need to follow the steps below to download and install the ESPN app on their console.
- Open your PlayStation Store from the device’s main menu.
- Navigate to the search box and search for ESPN+.
- Select the ESPN+ app from the search suggestions.
- Select “Download.”
- Wait for the ESPN app to download from the server and install on your console.
Once the ESPN app has been downloaded and installed on your PS4 then you can proceed with the next step to learn how to activate the ESPN app on your PS4 or PS5.
How to Activate ESPN Plus on PS4 or PS5
Follow the steps below to link and activate the ESPN plus app on your PS4 or PS5 using the ESPN + activation code.
- Open the ESPN app on your PS4 or PS4 device.
- Navigate to the Settings Gear icon on the ESPN streaming app.
- Select “Subscription >> Subscribe.”
- Select “Login.”
- The ESPN app will then display the ESPN app activation code and https://espn.com/activate.
- Go to https://espn.com/activate on your phone (Android or iPhone) or computer web browser.
- Enter the ESPN+ activation code on the TV screen and select the “Continue” tab.
- Sign in to your ESPN account that you created following the steps above.
Instantly, your ESPN subscription will be linked to your PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 console and you will be able to stream your favorite ESPN programs on your P4 or PS5 console.
Please take note of this. If you are asked to subscribe after you have done that while linking your ESPN plus account to your PS4, unlink the two services and repeat the process.
How to Watch ESPN Plus on PS4 & PS5
Now that you have activated the ESPN Plus on your PlayStation 4 and 5 console respectively. The next thing is how to watch ESPN Plus on our ESPN plus.
- Switch on your PS4 or PS5 and connect the console to the internet.
- Launch the ESPN app on your console.
- Navigate to “ESPN+” on the navigation and press “Enter.”
The steps above will take you from ESPN to ESPN + [provided your EPN subscription] is active.
Follow the steps in this guide to cancel your ESPN subscription.
In conclusion, activating ESPN plus on your PS4 or PS5 will save you the stress of sticking to your phone or PC every time. Did this how to activate ESPN Plus on PS4 or PS5 works for you?