ESPN Plus is a top subscription-based service that offers live and replayed coverage of sports, original shows, and specials that are unique to the service. However, this service costs a lot of money. This is why you need to cancel ESPN Plus subscription early enough when you no longer need the service. We all know how heartbreaking it is to get charged for a service you no longer need especially when it is an expensive one like ESPN Plus.
The ESPN subscription will cost you about $4.99 per month or $49.99 annually. It is best to know how to cancel the service if you find it a bit expensive in your current situation. Although the service has its advantages especially during sporting seasons and it also has some wonderful extras. So when there isn’t many sporting activities going on, you might consider canceling your subscription.
Or perhaps, you subscribed to ESPN Plus just to watch Michael Jordan docuseries The Last Dance or any of their other amazing shows, you can cancel your subscription right after you have finished viewing them. There are different ways to cancel your ESPN Plus subscription and we will walk you through the various methods.
However, you should note that the method you adopt to cancel your subscription will largely depend on the way you subscribed to the service in the first place. The good news is just as ESPN makes it easy to subscribe to the ESPN Plus, unsubscribing from the service is equally easy ad hassle-free. We will walk you through the entire process in our detailed guide below.
Table of Contents
Cancel ESPN Plus on web
If you signed up for the ESPN Plus service through your web browser, then follow the guide below to cancel your subscription.
- Launch your browser and go to the ESPN Plus website. Follow this link to go to the ESPN account page, then open your ESPN Plus subscription account.
- Select the Login button and fill in your credentials in the fields provided.
- Afterward, select Manage and then click on Cancel Subscription.
- To proceed, confirm your cancellation request by clicking on the Confirm icon.
Cancel ESPN Plus over the Phone
You can also choose to cancel your ESPN subscription the old fashioned way by putting the call through to the ESPN customer support team. You can do this by simply dialing 1(800) 727-1800. However, note that ESPN says in its ESPN Plus Subscriber Agreement that they won’t do any refunds, full, partial, or otherwise once you cancel your subscription. So, you should have this in mind before making the request.
Cancel ESPN Plus through Google Play Store or Apple Store
For those that signed up to the ESPN Plus service through their Android or iOS device, you will need to cancel your subscription fro, Google Play Store or Apple Store.
Cancel ESPN On Google Play Store
Launch your Google Play Store app on your Android device and ensure you are signed in to the right account.
- On the upper left corner, select the menu icon and go to Subscriptions.
- Look for the ESPN Plus subscription and click on it.
- Select the Cancel Subscription icon and follow the instructions that will be provided.
- If asked to provide a reason for cancellation, select the most appropriate option from the list and select Continue.
Cancel ESPN On Apple Store
- On your iPhone, open your Settings app.
- Click on your name and select subscriptions. In case you don’t see the Subscriptions option, select iTunes & App Store instead.
- Then select your Apple ID and click on View Apple ID. You will then have to sign in and then navigate to Subscriptions.
- Once you click on it, you will see a list of all the subscriptions you are signed into, select the ESPN Plus subscription and click Manage.
- Then, select Cancel Subscription.
From other Providers
If you signed up to ESPN Plus from another service provider like Amazon, Roku, iTunes, or more, then you will need to cancel your subscription from them. However, you should note that each provider has different instructions when it comes to canceling subscriptions. Luckily, ESPN Plus published a guide on how to cancel with Roku, Amazon, and iTunes which you can check out to guide you through the cancellation process.
Note that once you cancel your ESPN Plus subscription, you will still have access to their service up until the end if your current billing cycle. You are also free to sign in again whenever you feel like it.
You should also read how to easily cancel your Starz subscription here.
Now, you can easily cancel ESPN Plus subscription whenever you feel like it. You can also re-subscribe back to the service anytime you want. If you have any challenges following our guide above, let us know in the comments section below.