Twitch TV is a well-known streaming service that can be accessed on mobile devices and various game consoles. It allows you to watch live gaming on different streaming devices such as Firestick, Roku, Chromecast, Apple TV, or Xbox. Are you wondering how to activate Twitch TV on firestick? Then, this article will guide you step by step on all you need to know about the whole process.
There are other benefits apart from watching games on Twitch such as a live chatting feature with other gamers who are also connected from any part of the World, you can also live to stream your gaming content and have others’ comments on it. The live gameplay streaming feature is also available on most gaming platforms such as PS4, Xbox, PC, and Nintendo Switch.
Follow through this article to learn how you can activate Twitch TV on Firestick. It’s even possible to watch the gameplay of other players. It is one of the best game streaming guides too. You can live stream your own game too. You can watch IRL videos, dark mode for night gaming sessions, and so many more.
Firestick has a vast collection of streaming platforms like Prime Video, Netflix, Hulu, and thousands of others. Twitch TV is one of the most used streaming platforms fortunately for Firestick users. Twitch TV has various video games like Fortnite, Call of Duty, PUBG, and so on. The app is a replica of YouTube, it’s free to use but only with gaming-related videos. Twitch can be referred to as the learning hub of all beginner gamers.
Amazon’s Twitch app was developed so you could enjoy newer ways to have fun playing video games. One of such fun is watching other play and create games, it even gets better when you can live stream multiplayer video games and movies on a big screen through Twitch on Firestick. This way, unlimited fun is guaranteed. Activate Twitch TV on firestick following the steps listed in this article.
How to Sign Up For A Twitch Account to Activate Twitch TV On Firestick
It is necessary to have a Twitch TV account for you to watch other plays or live-stream your gaming action. You can create a free account that allows you to perform all operations such as live streaming, tipping, subscribing, or watching others play on Twitch TV. To log in to Twitch TV, you will need this same account using other devices such as Android, iOS, PC, Android TV, Roku, Chromecast, Apple TV, and so on. Here is the step-by-step process on how to create a Twitch TV account:
- On your Android, iOS, or computer, open a web browser and go to Twitch TV.
- You will see the “Sign up” button at the top-right corner of the homepage.
- Fill in your basic details which are a requirement for creating a Twitch TV account (“username”, “password”, “email” and “date of birth” and so on)
- Your Twitch account is created once you click on the “sign up” button.
- Verify your account with the link sent to your email address.
How to Install Twitch TV App On Firestick
Twitch TV is an official app of Amazon Appstore. Follow these easy steps to add Twitch on Firestick:
- Start your Firestick with your TV.
- Connect your Firestick to a fast internet source.
- Go to the Firestick home screen.
- Click on the Search icon option.
- Search for Twitch TV using the search icon.
- Click on the Twitch TV app.
- Click on the Download button to download the Twitch TV app.
- Open the Twitch TV app on your Firestick after downloading and enjoy.
Other Way to Install Twitch TV App On Firestick
Typing with the Firestick remote can sometimes be so hard, and the keyboard interface is so different from the QWERTY keyboard. We will introduce another method to install Twitch TV on Firestick in this article. For a successful installation, you will need a smartphone or PC with a very fast internet connection and the Amazon account you are using on the Firestick device. Follow these steps:
- Browse amazon.com on any web browser on your PC or smartphone.
- Click on the Sign-in button and log in with your Firestick account details.
- Use the search bar to search for the Twitch TV app.
- From the search results, tao the Twitch TV app.
- Click the Get App button on the next screen, located on the right side of the screen.
- Your Firestick device will appear. Click on it, and the app will be installed on your device.
- Now the Twitch TV app will be available on your Firestick Apps & Games list.
How to Activate Twitch TV Account On Firestick
If you have an Amazon Firestick, below is how to activate Twitch TV using the activation code on https://www.twitch.tv/activate and watch Twitch live:
- Connect the Amazon Firestick to your smart TV (Ensure your internet connection is fast).
- Log in to your Twitch account using your Firestick-connected TV.
- Open the App Store on Amazon Firestick.
- Search and download “Twitch TV“ from the App Store on your Amazon Firestick.
- Open the Twitch app on your smart TV and log in with your account (if prompted).
- A six-digit activation code will be displayed on your screen (Copy it somewhere because you will need it for the activation process of Twitch TV)
- Using your Smartphone or PC web browser, go to “https://www.twitch.tv/activate” for activation purposes.
- Sign in using your Twitch TV details and ensure you have a valid subscription.
- You will see the activation field on your screen, enter the six-digit activation code you copied earlier from your smart TV on your Web browser.
- That’s it, your Twitch TV account should be activated.
You have successfully set up your Twitch account on your TV. Start live streaming and have fun. If you have any other device then the process is almost the same. The activation process is done at https://www.twitch.tv/activate using the Twitch activation process or QR code.
Common Issues To Encounter And Their Solutions
In case, the activation code doesn’t work or is not showing on your TV or Firestick, try the following fixes:
- Reactivate your device: Resend the code to your device by going to Menu Bar > Twitch > Activation. An activation code will be displayed. Once you have it, follow any of the guidelines above to activate Twitch depending on the device you are using.
- Change your HDMI cable: Are you using an older HDMI cable? If yes, this can cause the code not to display. When using a media streaming device, remove your HDMI cable for about 30 seconds then plug it back in again. If the code doesn’t come up, change the cable and retry. For Apple TV users, go to Settings > Audio/Video > TV Resolution, and select “Auto“. If this doesn’t work, proceed to the next step.
- Switch from Dark Mode: Did you lower your TV resolution or switch to Dark Mode recently? Well, your activation code may have been displayed in a darker color, which makes it impossible for you to see the code. Change from Dark Mode or improve your TV or Monitor’s brightness to view the code.
- If Twitch Tv won’t activate on your device: If you’re facing any problem then restart your device by unplugging then plugging it back in. Ensure your internet connection is working properly, if not, try rebooting your wifi router. You can also contact your internet service provider for help with a connectivity issue.
Twitch TV is one of the best video game streaming services, it’s an all-in-one app that one shouldn’t miss out on. Hopefully, the above steps will help you install and use Twitch TV on Firestick. If you are encountering any issues, let us know via the comment section below. If this post helped you then check the related post here.