Let us take a look at how to connect a Smart TV to a WiFi in this article. The article will cover all Smart TVs with internet access. This implies that this article will discuss how you can connect your Apple TV to WiFi or connect your Samsung Smart TV or Hisense TV to WiFi.
To utilize the smart feature on your smart TV the device must be connected to the internet. With this, you need to learn how to connect your smart TV to the internet using Wi-Fi or your phone HotSpot as the WiFi.
How to Connect a Smart TV to a WiFi
The steps to connect a Smart TV to a WiFi differs from smart TV to smart TV due to the manufacturer settings. And for this, there is no general method to connect a Smart to WiFi.
In the real sense of it, the process to connect Apple 2ndand 3rd generation to WiFi is different from the method to use to connect Apple 4th and 5th generation to WiFi.
This is similar to Samsung Smart TV and LG Smart TV users with the WebOS and TizenOS respectively.
How to Connect Apple TV to a WiFi
You will find how to connect your Apple TV to WiFi in the steps below. This works only on Apple 2nd and 3rd generation.
- Turn on your “Apple TV.”
- Select the “Settings” menu.
- Scroll down to “General >> Network.”
- Choose “Configure Wireless/WiFi.”
- Select the name of the WiFi or Wireless network you want to connect to.
- Use the Apple TV onscreen keyboard to enter the WiFi password and on the “Done.”
Hang on for the Apple TV to confirm the WiFi or wireless password, once the password is confirmed a popup message confirming the connection will appear on the TV screen.
To connect Apple 4th or later generation to the WiFi or Hotspot just follow the steps below.
- Turn on your Apple TV 4th generation
- Navigate to the “Settings” menu.
- Choose “Network.”
- Select your Apple TV “Configure Wireless” option.
- Hover to the name of the WiFi to connect to and press the “Enter” button.
- Type the WiFi password if you are asked to do so using the Apple TV onscreen keyboard.
Upon connecting, a popup will appear on the Apple TV screen with a message confirming that you have successfully connected your Apple TV to the internet using the selected WiFi or wireless network.
Check Out: How to fix Apple TV remote not working.
How to Connect Samsung Smart TV to a WiFi
Do you want a Samsung smart TV or TizenOS or WebOS? Below is how to connect Samsung smart TV to WiFi whether it’s Tizen or WebOS version.
- Press the “Menu” button on your Samsung smart TV remote.
- Navigate to the “TV Settings”
- Choose “General” >> “Network.”
- Select “Open Network Settings.”
- Navigate to “Wireless” and click on the “Enter” button.
- Select the name of WiFi to connect the Samsung Smart TV.
- Use the TV screen keyboard to type the WiFi password and click on the Done tab.
With this, you will be able to connect your Samsung Smart TV to a WiFi or wireless without a glitch. However, for some Samsung TV models earlier than 2018 you will have to access the network settings via Settings > Network > Network Settings as opposed to the steps in the article description.
Check Out: How to Fix Samsung Smart TV remote not working.
How to Connect LG Smart TV to WiFi
Let’s consider how to connect LG TV to WiFi in this how to connect a Smart TV to a WiFi guide.
- Launch the LG Smart TV Quick Menu by pressing the “Gear tab” on the remote.
- Navigate to and select “Network” using the navigation and “Ok” buttons respectively.
- Select the “Network Menu” when the “LG TV Settings” open.
- Choose “WiFi” or “Wireless” connection depending on what is on the screen. This will turn on the LG wireless feature to search and detect all available networks.
- Select the name of the WiFi to connect your LG TV to.
- Type the “WiFi” password using the onscreen keyboard, choose to connect and click on the “Enter” button.
The LG Smart TV will connect to the WiFi provided the network password is correct. And you can start to explore your LG Smart TV to watch movies online, browse the internet and do all sorts with it.
Don’t miss: How to Fix LG Smart TV remote not working
How to Connect Hisense Smart TV to a WiFi
Here is your guide to connect Hisense Smart TV to WiFi with or without a password.
- Press the Hisense Smart TV “Menu” button.
- Navigate to the “Settings” option and select it.
- Scroll down to “Network” and press the “OK” button on the remote to select it.
- Choose “Network Configuration” to search for a new WiFi.
- Once the list of the available wireless network appears click on the WiFi or wireless you will like to connect to.
- Type the WiFi password if you are asked to input the password.
- Click on the “Connect” tab to connect to the WiFi network
Once the Hisense smart TV is connected to the wireless or WiFi you will see a green check on the WiFi name alongside a message that the TV is connected to the WiFi. So, with this, you can connect your LG Smart TV [WebOS] to the WiFi or phone [as hotspot].
You will love our article on how to fix the Hisense Smart TV remote not working.
How to Connect Toshiba Smart TV to a WiFi
Do you want to know how to connect a Smart TV to a WiFi? In this case, a Toshiba smart TV? Here are the steps to take to connect your Toshiba Smart TV to a wireless network.
- Turn on your Toshiba Smart TV.
- Press the “Home Button” >> “Settings.”
- Select “Network” using the navigation and “OK” button.
- Wait for your Toshiba TV to search for all available WiFi or wireless network name.
- Find the name of the WiFi and select it.
- If there WiFi is encrypted it will prompt you to use the onscreen or LG virtual keyboard to type the WiFi password and choose the connect tab.
Once the WiFi password is confirmed the connecting screen will change to connected. After that, you can start exploring your Toshia Smart TV and surf the internet with it.
How to Connect a Vizio Smart TV to WiFi
Vizio Smart TV is yet another popular smart TV with internet access. In lieu of this and in regard to this article on how to connect a Smart TV to WiFi, we will consider how to connect a Vizio Smart TV to WiFi or Hotspot.
- Power on your “Vizio Smart TV.”
- Press the “Menu” button on the “Vizio TV Remote.”
- Navigate to “Network” and press the “Ok” button.
- Select “Network Connection.”
- Scroll to “Wireless” and press “OK” to choose it.
- Your Vizio Smart TV will search for all the list of available WiFi networks.
- Select the WiFi to connect and type the WiFi password using the virtual keyboard on the TV screen with the help of the remote control.
The Vizio TV will confirm the entered password and once the password is confirmed a message will appear on the TV screen that you have connected to the chosen WiFi successfully.
You can check out how to fix the Vizio TV remote malfunctioning or not working.
How to Connect a TCL Smart TV to a WiFi
We are covering how to connect a TCL smart TV to a WiFi in this how to connect a Smart TV to a WiFi guide. So, if you have a TCL smart TV below are the steps to take to connect your TV to your Hotspot or a wireless network.
- Press the “TCL” home button to return to the home screen.
- Use the remote navigation to select “Settings.”
- Navigate to “Network” and select it.
- Press the arrow on the right and select “Wireless.”
- The TCL smart TV will search for all available wireless networks.
- Scroll down using the down arrow and select the name of the “Wireless” network you want to connect to.
- Press the “OK” button to select the wireless network you highlighted.
- Use the TCL virtual keyboard or Onscreen keyboard to enter the wireless network password if the wireless is password-protected.
- Use the arrow down to highlight “Connect” and press the “OK” button.
- The TV will verify the WiFi and what password you typed. If they are both matched for the connection, the TCL TV will show a message to confirm that you have been connected to a wireless network.
Now that your TCL Smart TV is connected to a wireless network you can start surfing the internet or browsing your wishes. However, the TV will also do a background check if there is an update available or pending with a WiFi network setup. It will download and install the update.
How to Connect a Sony Smart TV to a WiFi
To connect your Sony smart TV to WiFi kindly follow the steps below. This includes the Sony Bravia TV.
- Click on the Home button on on your Sony TV remote.
- Click on Settings.
- Choose Network.
- Navigate to and select the Network setup.
- Choose the Network connection or Wireless Setup.
- Choose between the connection method on the screen.
- When connecting automatically with the WPS button on your wireless router (or access point)
- Select Easy, Auto or WPS (Push Button).
- When connecting manually after selecting a network from the list of scanned wireless networks
- Select Expert, Custom or Scan.
- Select the name of the “Wireless” network from the list.
- Enter the WiFi password using the Sony TV virtual keyboard on the TV screen using the remote to select the keys.
- Click on “OK” by pressing the TV remote centre button.
- Click “OK” once the connection is completed.
With these steps, you can connect your Sony Smart TV to WiFi and browse the internet on the device.
We believe that with this article, you can connect a Smart TV to a WiFi network or Hotspot using these techniques. Please if you have any comments or suggestions do make use of the comment box below.