YouTube allow users to create a custom URL or change their boring YouTube URL once they meet the minimum criteria to get a YouTube custom URL. Back then, users only get to change their YouTube custom channel URL one time per year, but, now, users can change their YouTube channel custom URL up to three times.
This will not only make your YouTube channel look professional it’ll also make it easier for all your subscribers to remember your YouTube channel name and even type it directly on the web browser to visit the page.
While YouTube didn’t limit the process to getting the YouTube channel URL only to PC, mobile users can also play around with the YouTube mobile app to get or change their YouTube channel URL.
Recommended: How to Sign out All Devices on Youtube
How to Make a Custom URL on YouTube
With a custom URL on YouTube, you can make your audience remember the name of your YouTube channel fast and visit it directly from their browsers. However, there are some basic requirements you need to meet before you can make a custom URL on YouTube.
Below are some of the basic criteria or requirements to set your custom URL on YouTube…
- Your change must have at least 100 or more subscribers.
- Your YouTube channel must be at least 30 days old.
- You must set a profile picture.
- You must verify your YouTube phone number to be able to add YouTube thumbnails to your videos.
- You can also add a banner image
How to Get a Custom YouTube URL without 100 Subs
Making money on YouTube is all about commitment. While you can easily rake in views via different platforms such as Facebook, TikTok, SEO, and other sources, it takes time to build loyal subscribers. However, it’s believed that if you can gain 100 subs on YouTube you can gain more with time.
Therefore, YouTube set a benchmark for all publishers on YouTube to have at least 100 subs before they can change their YouTube URL from the default autogenerated YouTube URL for all users.
So, to be able to get a custom YouTube channel URL you must have [real] 100 subs or more to enable this feature.
How to Get Custom YouTube URL
By following the steps below we will discuss how to get a custom YouTube URL on your Android phone, iPhone, and PC. All you need to do is go to your device section and follow the step-by-step procedure we highlighted there.
By following the steps below you will learn how to change your YouTube URL to a custom URL on your PC.
- Go to Youtube.com and sign into your account.
- Tap on the “Profile” icon at the right.
- Select “Your Channel” from the menu.
- Click on “Customize Channel” on the menu/nav.
- A new “Window” will open.
- Tap “Basic Info” under “Channel Customization.”
- Scroll down to “Custom URL” and tap on “Set Custom URL.”
- Type your “YouTube Custom URL” in the column.
- Click on the “Confirm” tab.
- Click on the “Publish” tab at the top right.
Once you hit the publish button all visitors to the custom URL will be redirected to your YouTube channel page. However, changing your custom URL on YouTube takes another nosedive, so, we will also consider how to change your YouTube custom URL.
How to Change YouTube Custom URL to a New One
If you have created a YouTube custom channel URL in the past but you’d love to change it to a new one because the old URL doesn’t speak volumes or doesn’t depict the sole purpose of your YouTube channel you need to follow the steps below to learn the step-by-step process on how to change YouTube channel custom URL to a new one.
- Go to your YouTube channel page.
- Tap on “Advance Account Settings.”
- Click on “Customization” on the left menu.
- Click on the “Basic Info” tab.
- Click on the “Delete” tab under “Custom URL.”
- Follow the instruction to delete the old custom URL.
- Create a new “URL” and hit the “Save” button.
- Tap “Publish” at the top right to save and publish changes
How to Change YouTube Handle
Below is a first guide on how to change YouTube handle on your phone. The new YouTube handle is gradually replacing YouTube usernames where your YouTube users can easily search for your YouTube channel using @handle on your YouTube.
So, by following the steps below, you will learn how to change your YouTube handle on mobile.
- Launch the YouTube Studio app on your phone.
- Tap on the “Profile” icon at the top right.
- Select “Edit Channel Profile.”
- Tap on the “Pencil” icon on “Handle.”
- Type your “YouTube Handle.”
- Click on the “Save” tab at the top right.
Your YouTube handle will be visible to anyone on YouTube. The YouTube hand becomes your new Channel URL that is accessible by typing @handle and can be changed twice every 14 days.