If you are wondering about how to delete google account you need to stop right here. If all you want is to delete Google account and still keep your Google photo, Google Drive, and other Google services, you will get everything you need to know in this guide.
Since Google allow you to create a new Google account and delete the old one but can’t change existing Google Gmail user name, then, deleting the account and create a new account is the only available solution left.
When you delete your Google account the procedure cannot be reversed, so, make sure that you read and understand Google terms and conditions before you proceed with this guide on how to delete your Google account and the implication.
However, the end of this tutorial, you will no longer be able to access your Gmail account. And neither would you be able to send nor receive messages to the account.
So, with that being said, we will now walk you through how to delete a Google email account that you no longer wants to keep.
How to Delete Google Account
Below are the procedures to delete your Google email account that you no longer wants to keep.
- Go to google.com/gmail and sign in to the account you wants to delete..
- First, switch to “Standard View” on the navigation if you are using Google in the basic HTML mode.
- Click on the “Google Apps” option and click on “Account” when the menu expands.
- Click on “Data & Personalization” on the left pane. Scroll to “Download, delete, or make a plan for your data” and click on “delete a service or your account.”
- Now, you need to click on “Delete a Google service.” It’s within this menu or option that you will be able to delete Google Gmail account instead of the entire Google products that are linked to the account
- Sign in to the Google Gmail account when you are prompted.
- Now, to confirm that this move is intentional and not from a third-party, Google will prompt to send a verification code to your phone number. Then, you need to click on the “Send” button to proceed.
- Enter the “Verification Code” and click on the “Next” button.
- In the”Delete a Google Service” option you will see a list of Google products that are attached to the account. Click on the trash can on the “Gmail.”
- To continue to use other products associated with the Google Gmail you wants to delete, you must enter a new email other than Gmail to access the service and click on “Send a verification email.” You can use a Yahoo! Mail or Hotmail to receive the verification code and click on “Got it.
- Log in to the email address provided in the step above. Find and click on the Gmail account deletion” email.
- Click on the link in the Google account deletion confirmation email.
- Check “Yes, I want to delete ****@gmail.com permanently from my Google Account and click “Delete Gmail.”
This guide is how I successfully delete my Gmail account from Google while keeping other Google services that are associated with the Gmail account.