Disney Plus error code 83 is a Disney + error code that block you from access the Disney Plus platform on a compatible device. The error code 83 on Disney Plus is not particular on any device as this can be experienced on all devices that support Disney Plus include but not limited to Roku, Samsung smart TV, Firestick, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, and many others.
The Disney Plus error code 83 doesn’t have a definite description and why the error occurs. But, what you need to know about the error code 83 on Disney Plus is that the error code blocks access to the Disney Plus server.
Once your Disney Plus streaming device it means that the Disney Plus server is experiencing an unknown streaming error on the streaming device. The Disney Plus 83 error code is mainly an error code that has to do with device compatibility, account issues and connection errors.
However, in this guide, we will consider how to fix the Disney Plus error code 83 and discuss all the possible errors that brought about the Disney error code 83.
What is Disney Plus Error Code 83?
The Disney Plus error code 83 simply means that Disney Plus is experiencing unknown error streaming to your device. This implies that the device you are using is not compatible with Disney Plus and you cannot stream Disney Plus on the device. Just know that once you see error code 83 on your Disney Plus app it means that the device is not compatible with the app.
On the other way round, it could be an issue with your Disney Plus account or your internet connection speed is too slow. When either of these happens the error code 83 on your Disney Plus will populate and need to be fixed.
Causes of Disney Plus Error Code 83
What are the possible causes of the Disney Plus error code 83? Here are some of the reasons why the Disney Plus app on your smart TV and streaming devices such as Firestick, Samsung smart TV, Apple TV, Roku, and Apple TV returns error code 83.
- Internet connection problem.
- Disney Plus is no longer compatible with your streaming device.
- Disney Plus account is expired.
- Disney Plus is Outdated.
- Disney Plus app cache.
- Disney Plus app server down.
- Expired Disney Plus subscription.
These are the possible reasons why the Disney Plus app returns error code 83 whenever you want to access the Disney Plus app on your smart and streaming devices.
How to Fix Disney Plus Error Code 83
Before we proceed to address how to fix the Disney Plus error code 83 you need to make sure that your device is compatible. That is the first and recommended step to consider. After that, the following steps could help you fix the Disney Plus app not working because of error code 83 on all the compatible devices.
Check your Device or Browser Compatibility
If the Disney Plus website is not loading on your chosen browser or the Disney Plus app is returning error code 83 on your streaming device it could mean that neither the browser nor the device is compatible with the Disney plus app and website.
The only solution to this is to switch to a device that supports the Disney Plus app and browser that work with Disney Plus. However, if you are trying to use the Disney Plus on gaming consoles’ browser you may experience the Disney Plus error code 83 because they are not compatible.
So, switch to a device with the necessary compatibility feature and see if the error code 83 still appears or is gone. However, it is worth noting that the Disney Plus is compatible with the following browsers and streaming devices.
- Google Chrome version 75 or new release.
- Mozilla Fire Force version 68 or new release
- Internet Explorer 11 on Windows and Mac
- Microsft Edge browser on Windows 10
With this, you should know how to dig in with the Disney Plus compatible browser and streaming devices.
Clear the Disney Plus Cache & Data
If you are sure that both your browser and streaming device are compatible with Disney Plus and you still end up with the error code 83 on the Disney Plus website and app, the next solution to turn to is to clear the Disney Plus website and app cache and data.
The option to clear the Disney Plus data will remove all stored information include your Disney Plus login, so make sure you have your login saved somewhere to be able to sign in after you must have cleared the app data.
Follow the steps below to clear the Disney Plus data on your Chrome browser.
- Launch your Chrome browser and click on the More option (3 dots) to the top right.
- Choose “Settings” >> “Privacy and Security.”
- Click on “Cookies and other site data.”
- Scroll down under the “General Settings” and choose “see all cookies and site data.”
- Wait for all the websites cookies and data to load and search for “Disney” using the search box to the top right.
- Here you will see all sites cookies and data relating to Disney Plus which must be deleted. Now, click on “Remove All Shown.”
- Click “Clear All” from the popup.
For Firefox browser users that encounter Disney Plus error code 83 on the Mozilla browser, follow the steps below to clear your stored Disney plus data and cache.
- Open your Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Go to “Privacy and Security.”
- Choose “Manage Data” under “Cookies and site data.”
- Search for “Disney Plus” in the search box.
- Select “Remove All Shown”
- Click on “Save Changes.”
Microsoft Edge Browser
To clear site cookies and date on your Edge browser by Microsoft to fix Disney Plus error code 83 on Edge browser kindly follow the steps below.
- Double of the Microsoft Edge browser to launch it.
- Navigate to “Settings” or copy and paste “edge://settings” without the quotes and click on the “Enter” button.
- Scroll down and select “Cookies and site permissions.”
- Click on “Manage and delete cookies and site data” under “cookies and data stored.”
- Scroll down and choose “see all cookies and site data.”
- With the help of the search box search for “Disney” and click on “remove all shown.”
- Choose “Clear” from the popup.
With or without restarting your browser you can fix the Disney Plus page to see whether the error code 83 has been cleared with the steps above. If not, try the next step below.
Check your Disney Plus Account Status
Another known reason why Disney Plus keep returning error code 83 has to do with your account status. If your Disney Plus subscription has expired while streaming either on your browser or streaming device you may encounter error code 83. To start with, you need to check the validity of your Disney Plus account and when it will expire.
- Sign in to your Disney Plus account on disneyplus.com/account
- Go to your account overview or account management.
- Scroll down to account status.
- This will tell you whether your subscription is still active or not.
If the subscription is active it means that the error code 83 isn’t caused by your account status but if it read expired it could mean that you need to renew your subscription to be able to continue streaming the Disney Plus on your device.
Clear the Disney Plus App Data
This is for Android and iPhone/iPad users to rescue the Disney Plus app on their phones from error code 83.
The following steps lead you to clear your Disney Plus app cache and data on Android to fix the error code 83 on the Disney Plus app.
- Go to your Android phone settings.
- Scroll down and select “Apps.”
- Find and click on the “Disney Plus App.”
- Tap on “Storage” >> Clear Cache >> Clear Data.”
Close the app and restart it. Attempt to use the Disney Plus app to confirm the state of the app to know whether the Disney Plus error code 83 has been cleared.
These are the recommended steps for all iPhone and iPad users to clear app caches on their devices including the Disney Plus app.
- Go to your iPhone settings.
- Choose “General >> iPhone Storage.”
- Find and click on the “Disney Plus App.”
- Click on the “Remove App” option to delete or uninstall the app from your iPhone.
- Restart your iPhone and re-download the Disney Plus again.
With this step, the Disney Plus app cache will be cleared and all possible error codes will be fixed.