Nothing can be more frustrating than relaxing on your couch to watch your favourite TV show or a movie on Netflix only to discover that your Samsung TV volume won’t increase, it’s just stuck. This article will help you fix your Samsung TV volume stuck.
Samsung TV volume stuck is a common problem most users encounter which we think it’s a battery problem most times. There are several reasons why your Samsung TV volume won’t go up or down, but the solution to this issue is fixable in most cases.
In case your Samsung TV volume gets stuck or is not working, you might need to reset the Smart Hub on your TV, and check if the TV remote is working perfectly. Thereafter, you can try to adjust the volume levels on your TV with the remote and the hardware buttons on the TV side as well.
As you follow through this article carefully, you will get to solve the issue of your Samsung TV volume stuck.
Why does my Samsung TV Volume get stuck?
If your Samsung TV volume keeps getting stuck, it is probably due to one of the few reasons stated below. Although, most times, an overloaded memory is the number one cause creating lag or problems like volume getting stuck.
These problems can be usually solved by simple fixes like closing the apps that are not in use or simply updating the Samsung TV system. Here are the causes of the Samsung TV volume stuck:
- There are too many apps running in the background.
- The TV’s memory is becoming overwhelmed, causing lag (the TV system needs to be updated).
- If the TV volume is set too high, you might need to check the settings.
- Remote batteries might be low and dying.
- HDMI issues.
- The mute mode might have been activated.
- There may be some malfunctions on the smart TV.
In case your Samsung TV volume is getting stuck, it is probably due to one of the few causes listed above. Ensure you read this post to the end then you will be able to fix your Samsung TV volume stuck.
How to Fix Samsung TV Volume stuck between 2 Numbers
Too many downloaded apps could be taking up memory and causing the TV not to perform optimally. To fix your Samsung TV volume stuck between 2 numbers, follow the steps below:
- Perform a Reset on the TV.
- Go to Settings >> Support >> Self Diagnosis >> Reset.
- Next is the initial setup, navigate to Settings >> General >> Initial Setup).
- Log in again to your Samsung account on the TV.
- Now you have full access to the SmarTV Apps function.
Now, fixing your Samsung TV volume stuck between 2 numbers is successful.
Samsung TV Volume won’t go up or down
Samsung TVs are smart TVs that are technologically more advanced which is one of the reasons many users prefer to purchase this TV rather than other competing brands.
However, despite being smart and sharp, you might still experience glitches at times that can be frustrating and overwhelming especially when it comes to increasing and reducing the volume on your TV and it won’t just respond to the command. Follow the steps below to fix your Samsung TV volume won’t go up or down the issue:
Power cycle your Samsung TV
- Switch off your Samsung smart TV.
- Disconnect your Samsung TV from the power outlet.
- Tap the physical power button on your Samsung TV for about 30 seconds.
- Wait for about 15-20 minutes.
- Then connect your Samsung TV to power again and switch it on.
After completing the power cycle process, check if the Samsung TV volume stuck issue has been fixed or not. If not try the next fix below.
Reset Smart Hub on Samsung TV
- Click on the Settings button on your Samsung TV remote.
- Navigate to the Support option.
- Choose self-diagnosis.
- Click on reset the smart hub and input your pin for confirmation.
Delete Junk Apps to Free Space on Samsung TV
- Navigate to the Home Screen and choose Apps.
- Scroll down to the downloaded app’s sections.
- Search for any unnecessary junk apps from the list.
- Long-press the select or enter button on your Samsung TV remote.
- Select the delete option.
- Once it has been deleted, restart your Samsung TV by long-pressing the power button for about 15 to 20 seconds.
Now you will be able to increase or decrease the volume on your Samsung TV without any hassle.
Samsung TV Volume keeps going Down
Is your Samsung TV constantly decreasing in volume, and it’s becoming even more frustrating when the volume remains at a level that is too low to hear properly? There are a few solutions that can solve this issue, however, if one fix does not solve the issue ensure you try the next fix or repeat the process a couple of times before giving up.
- Check for updates by navigating to the TV Settings >> Support >> Software Update and update your smart TV in case one is available.
- Try testing your HDMI Cable by going to Settings >> Support >> Self Diagnosis >> Signal Information >> HDMI Cable Test >> Start Test.
- If after the test, you get a message that says that the cable is bad, this could be the cause and the cable need a replacement.
Samsung TV Volume keeps going up
Just as frustrating as your TV volume keeps going too low can be, it is just as problematic when your Samsung TV volume keeps going up at a level that is completely too high.
To fix this issue, you should try updating the TV and testing the HDMI cable. In case these do not solve your issue or point you to the problem, try disconnecting and reconnecting the cable that leads to the external device or reconnecting the cable to a different available port.
You can as well connect a different external device to test if the original external device was the issue. Here are alternate fixes below:
- Adjust the volume of your TV manually (this can be time-consuming and inconvenient).
- Search for the particular Samsung TV model’s user manual and follow its instructions on how to change the volume.
- You can also use a third-party app like SimpleTune to fix any issue with your Samsung TV volume automatically.
- Switch off the TV and turn it on again if the volume persists through the power cycle.
- Unplug all speakers from the TV so that the volume can go down to 0 dB.
- Ensure all cables are connected in firmly and not loose or disconnected from the wall outlet.
This should stop your Samsung TV volume from going up.
How to fix Samsung TV Volume stuck at 14
In case the problem persists, there is one more fix that helps in fixing the Samsung TV volume stuck at 11, 12,14, etc.
Disable Autorun Smart Hub
- Navigate to Settings.
- Select General.
- Scroll down and choose Smart Features.
- Disable autorun smart hub.
Completely Factory Reset your TV
This will delete all your selections and settings.
- Go to Settings >> Support (or General) >> Self Diagnosis and finally Reset.
Now check if you can increase the volume on your Samsung TV or not. This should fix Samsung TV volume stuck at 16.
How to fix Samsung TV Volume stuck at 100
Have you experienced any form of glitches or freeze when trying to increase the volume of your smart TV using the remote? Especially when your Samsung TV volume is stuck at 100.
Well, this usually occurs when you are trying to maximize the volume of the smart TV. Here are common reasons why your smart TV volume is stuck at 100:
- Damaged remote
- Weak Battery
- Minor bugs on smart TV
- You are using the remote from a far distance
- Wrong Sound settings
- Fault in Samsung TV
- The TV receiver is not working properly
Now, here are possible solutions to try to fix Samsung Tv stuck at 100:
Check if the Remote is not damaged
It is very essential to verify if the smart TV remote is working properly or not. The remote may have some issues sometimes which results in the TV being stuck on a particular volume.
Power Cycle the TV
In case the remote is perfectly working and the error persists, it means there might be a problem with the smart TV. However, it can be easily fixed by power cycling the smart TV. Follow the steps below:
- Switch off your smart TV and then disconnect it from the power supply.
- Wait for about 10-15 minutes.
- After that, reconnect the TV back to the power source.
- Now, check if the volume is still stuck once the TV turns on.
- This should solve the issue.
Re-pair the Remote
At times, the remote might suddenly disconnect from the smart TV which prevents you from controlling the smart TV via the remote. In this case, you have to repair the remote with the TV. To control the TV again if you are stuck on something while using the remote, follow the steps below:
- Long-press on the Return and Play/Pause button on the remote for at least 5 seconds.
- The smart TV and remote will start syncing after that.
When your TV is stuck on volume 100, it implies that your remote has been corrupted. However, the remote can be easily fixed after resetting following the steps below:
- Remove all the batteries from the remote.
- Tap on the power button for at least 8 seconds to reset the TV remote.
- Return all the batteries to the remote.
- Now pair the Remote with the TV.
Once this has been done, tap on the volume button and then see the result. However, this should fix the issue.
Reset Volume Settings
The volume setting might have been configured wrongly. Hence, the reason you are having the Samsung TV volume stuck on 100 issues.
However, this problem can be easily fixed after resetting the volume settings. To do that, follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings from the sound panel.
- Choose Sound and then Expert Settings.
- Click on Reset sound and then Reset.
- The Sound Settings have been erased to default.
This should fix the Samsung TV volume stuck at 100.
Volume Stuck on Samsung TV
In case you want the volume display to appear when you decide to either increase or decrease the volume on your Samsung TV, you might not need this fix.
However, most Samsung users do not like it when the volume display remains on their screen throughout the whole time of their watch session. In case you discovered that when you adjust the volume that the display remains stuck on the screen, then this can be very distracting and frustrating. Here is a quick solution that will make it disappear in a few minutes. Follow the steps below:
- Reset the smart TV (this does not even have to be internal).
- Ensure the power cord is disconnected directly from the wall while the TV is on.
- Wait for about 60 seconds, connect the cord back in, and the volume display must have disappeared from your screen.
- Ensure a connection exists between the TV’s optical cable and receiver with another device such as an amplifier or another Samsung TV.
- If that doesn’t work, try exchanging the HDMI cables between the devices until you locate one that works properly.
Even after trying all these troubleshooting steps listed above and if you are still facing this issue, then you can try contacting the Samsung TV team for help. They can help you fix the Samsung TV volume stuck.