There are various brands of washing machines, one of them is the Maytag washer, it has both the top and front loader versions. The Maytag washer has many Settings but doesn’t have a specific Reset button attached to it. This article will guide you on how to reset Maytag washer in several ways.
Maytag Washers are globally known for their durability, reliability, and efficiency. Although you might encounter some issues with your washer that will require your urgent attention. These problems can usually be solved by resetting your Maytag Washer Control Board and simple troubleshooting steps.
The simplest way to reset a Maytag washer is to turn off the washing machine for about three minutes. Disconnecting the power allows the electrical charge to disperse from the washing machine, which permits it to reset. In case the reset fails after this, then you might need to unplug the washer again, this time for ten minutes instead of the initial three minutes.
The above method works majorly for most of the Maytag models like Centennial, Whirlpool, Bravo, etc. However, for a more heavy-duty commercial washer like the Maytag Commercial Coin-operated Front load washer, the resetting process is more complex.
Read on to discover the reason why your Maytag washer won’t work, the different Maytag washer error codes, and the different methods to reset the Maytag washer below.
Why is my Maytag washer not working?
Before you can prefer a solution to any given problem, it’s logical to identify the issue itself and its causes. In this context, you need to figure out why your Maytag washer is not working.
Once you discover that your washer isn’t working right, the solution may be as simple as changing the detergents you use to a new one, tightening a loose hose, or levelling the appliance.
However, some issues may require you to consult professional help. Therefore, it’s important to know what you can do by yourself and what you will need a service call for.
Maytag Washer Error Codes
At times, you might see some unknown codes displayed on your Maytag front load washer and you just don’t know the interpretations and meanings. Check out the table below for the common error codes always displayed and their meanings.
Error Codes and their Meaning
- F5 E2: The door is not properly locked.
- F7 E1: Indicates a motor speed sensing error.
- F8 E1 or LO FL: There is a low flow of water sensed by the washer.
- Sud or Sd: It means there are too many suds in the washer.
Is there a way to reset a washing machine?
If after trying the simple fixes and there are still no changes, then you can try a Master Reset. This will help reset all of the onboard componentry, this method is often used by appliance technicians because it works.
There is a way to reset a washing machine. Follow the simple steps below:
- First, open and close the door of the washing machine 6 times within 12 seconds.
- Run the rinse/spin cycle without ANY clothing to check if your issues have been solved.
Are you wondering if there are reset buttons on your washer? Well, the recent washing machines come with a reset feature that allows you to restart the washer once it experiences an error code or malfunction. Some washers have a button you push to reset their motor.
The most common causes of these problems include power spikes, imbalanced loads, or an interruption in power.
The Maytag washer has many other functions and settings but does not have a specific reset button on it. You can only try a reset process which involves the below:
- Long-press on the Start/Pause button for about 3 seconds.
- Ensure that all indicator lights are off at this point.
- Reset the Washer by rotating the Cycle Selector Knob counter-clockwise (left) to clear any sequence.
- That’s all!
How do I reset my Maytag 3000 washer?
If you got an error message and it won’t allow your Maytag 3000 washer to run properly, then you might need to reset the washer to clear the error message, follow the steps below:
- Tap the “Power/Cancel” button.
- Click on the appropriate button to select a new cycle.
- Tap on “Start/Pause”.
- Now, you have successfully reset Maytag washer.
How do I reset my Maytag top loader?
Is your Maytag washer a top loader? If yes, then you may be able to reset it by simply lifting the lid six times which you only have 12 seconds to do.
- Disconnect the washer from power for 60 seconds.
- Plug in the power then opens and close the lid six times within a time frame of 12-seconds.
- The whole process must be completed within 30 seconds after reconnecting to power.
It’s very essential to note that the lid must properly close six times consecutively for the method to work.
How to reset Maytag top load washer to factory settings
There is an alternative method to reset the Maytag top load washer, it’s called resetting to Factory Setting. Follow the steps below:
- Ensure that the washer is turned off (but plugged in).
- Rotate the cycle selection knob counter-clockwise (left) from the present position to the 12 o’clock (top position).
- Finally, rotate the cycle selection knob to the right (clockwise) and wait for about 30 seconds.
- That’s it! You have reset Maytag washer to factory settings.
You would hear the lid of the washer clicking close in some models while other models don’t have the washer that has the clicking close feature. If it’s the latter type you have, just ensure that you are closing the lid.
How to Reset Maytag Washer Front Load
To reset Maytag washer front load, you need to follow the steps below:
- Disconnect the power to the washing machine for about three minutes.
- The disconnection of the power allows the electrical charge to dissipate from the washing machine, which allows a smooth reset process.
- In case the reset fails, you need to unplug the washer again, this time leave it unplugged for about ten minutes.
- You have successfully reset Magtag washer.
An alternate method for resetting your Maytag washer is as follows:
- Tap the Pause/Cancel button, then choose the appropriate cycle, and then press the Start/Pause button.
- This method works best when trying to move the washer to the next cycle or when trying to clear an error code.
- However, ensure to locate and repair the cause of the error code or stuck cycle to prevent further damage to your washing mashing and also prevent the issue from reoccurring.
How to Reset a Maytag coin-operated Washer
A Maytag coin-operated washer is a heavy-duty commercial washer with a LED display. To reset a Maytag coin-operated washer, follow the steps below:
- First, unlock the lockbox to put the washer into program mode.
- Then, locate the Delicates and Knits mode in the washing options menu.
- Long-press on the Delicates and Knits button for about five seconds.
- Now, the washer’s LED display should flash and begin to blink, which implies the error codes of the machine have been resolved and the washer has been completely reset.
Now, you can close the lockbox and bring the screen back to its standard display by tapping any button.
How to Reset Maytag Bravos Washer
Apart from having several unique functionalities like heat and tumbling settings, many Maytag washer models also have digital displays that indicate the minutes left on a washing cycle, the settings you have selected, and the error messages.
In case an error message causes your Maytag washer to stop running properly, you can as well reset the washer to clear the error message or reset the washer if you want to cancel a setting you selected.
- Tap the “Power/Cancel” button.
- Click on the appropriate button to select a new cycle.
- Tap the “Start/Pause”.
Another way to reset Maytag Bravos washer is as follows:
- Unplug the washer from the wall outlet.
- Wait for about 7 minutes for it to reset, then plug it back in.
- It should reset!
Now, you have successfully reset Maytag washer.
How do I reset my Maytag Bravos XL washer to factory settings?
In case you want to reset my Maytag Bravos XL washer to factory settings, follow the steps below:
- Turn the Cycle Selector knob counter-clockwise or left (all around) once.
- Now turn the knob clockwise (to the right).
- Go three clicks clockwise (Count one, two, three as you turn the dial clockwise).
- That’s it!
How to Reset Error Code on Maytag Washer
Different error codes depict different meanings on your washer. Once you discover that your Maytag washer is not running well, you may start seeing one of many different error codes coming up on the LCD Display. These codes are regulated by a special internal diagnosis system designed to guide you to the problem analysis so that you can fix it quickly and very easily. Here’s how you can clear the error code on Maytag washer. To reset and clear Maytag Washer Error Codes, follow the steps below:
- Ensure to first check the timer on the washing machine to be sure it’s working properly.
- Tap on the pause/cancel button twice and the power button once.
- If the code is still being displayed, unplug the machine for about 30 seconds.
- If you get Error Code dET it means there’s an issue with the detergent dispenser.
- Ensure to check the detergent dispenser’s position and then tap Cancel or Pause twice to clear the error code.
- If you get the Error Code Int, it shows there is an interruption in the progress of the wash cycle.
- Also, tap Pause/Cancel and then press the Power Button to delete the error code.
- The Error codes RL or F34 mean that there was an item stuck in the washer drum during a cleaning cycle.
- Run the cleaning cycle one more time once the washer drum is empty and then restart the clean cycle.
- If the error code displayed is SUD or Sd on your Maytag Washer Display, it implies that there are too many suds in the washing machine.
- This will inhibit your washing machine from spinning properly.
- This specific error code will be removed once you remove all the excess suds from the washer tub.
- The Error code F5 E2 shows that the door of your washer is not closing properly.
- Check to ensure nothing is blocking the closure of the washer door.
- Now tap Pause or Cancel two times and finally press the Power button once to delete the error code.
- That’s it! You have successfully reset the error code on Maytag washer.
How to Reset Maytag Washer after Power Outage
In case you experienced a power surge and you want to reset Maytag washer, here’s what to do:
- First, check your electrical circuit box.
- Push off and turn all the way 360 and pull it back.
- That’s it!
How to Reset Maytag Centennial Washer
Here’s how to reset Maytag Centennial washer, follow the steps below:
- Disconnect the washer for about 60 seconds minute from the power source.
- Plug in the washer back, then lift and lower the lid 6 times consecutively within 12 seconds.
- Ensure the lid is raised to a minimum of 2 inches to ensure the magnetic connection on the lid is interrupted.
- Ensure you close the lid firmly and completely each time.
- Now, the motor has been reset and is ready to begin a new cycle.
- That’s it!
Maytag Washer not Spinning
Another common reason why a Maytag top load washer won’t spin is because of a wrong wash cycle or spin set. The GENTLE, HANDWASH or DELICATE settings use slower spin speeds for more fragile fabrics.
While some washer models also allow you to extend the spin speed, making it slower or more rapid, for different loads.
The simplest way to reset a Maytag washer is to disconnect the power to the washing machine for at least three minutes. In case the reset fails, disconnect the washer again, this time leaving it unplugged for about ten minutes.
Normally, washing machines don’t go into a spin cycle until it’s been drained. The drainage hose may be clogged with debris from your clothing, or it could be kinked. If the hose is kinked or crushed, it might need a replacement.
Here’s how to fix a washing machine that won’t spin:
- Reduce the load inside the washer.
- Try and rebalance the load inside the washer.
- Check or repair the washing machine drain hose if need be.
- You must check for blown fuses.
- Check the washer lid safety switch.
- The drive belt in your washing machine might need a replacement.
- Ensure you replace the motor in your washing machine.
That’s it! You have successfully solved the problem of Maytag washer not spinning.
To locate the reminder reset button on Maytag washer, follow the steps below:
- Long-press the “Spin” and “Soil” buttons simultaneously for about 10 seconds.
- A countdown will be displayed on the console.
- Once the countdown has completed the unit, then it has been successfully reset.
How do I reset the control panel on my washing machine?
Doe your Maytag washer’s control panel has a dial? Then, the washer can be reset or put into several modes, such as diagnostic, by turning the dial in a specific sequence.
You can check out the service manual for your washer for specific instructions. However, most models will respond to the following sequence, to put the washer into re-calibration mode, which resets the washer. Follow the steps below to reset the control panel on your washing machine:
- Set the dial to the standard or normal position, facing up at 12 o’clock.
- Rotate the dial counter-clockwise back to the standard position you began with.
- Turn the dial clockwise three settings so that it is in the 3 o’clock position.
- Turn the dial clockwise in one setting.
- Turn the dial counter-clockwise once to return it to the 3 o’clock position again.
- Once this process has worked, the control panel lights should begin blinking.
- Turn the dial counter-clockwise for four settings or until only the Rinse light is lit.
- Tap start to activate calibration, which should reset the washer.
If this process fails to reset the washer, repeat the process, but this time faster or slower as this may allow the reset to work.
An alternate way to reset the control panel on your washing machine is as follows:
- Switch off the washing machine manually.
- Find the washing machine’s circuit breaker in your house’s electric panel.
- Try to lift the circuit breaker.
- Wait for about 3 minutes.
- Now, reset the circuit breaker to restore power back to the appliance.
- Wait for about 30 seconds.
- Finally, turn the machine on at the control panel.
- That’s it!.
I hope this article has answered all your questions on how to reset Maytag washer? If yes, kindly state how this post helped you fix issues regarding your Maytag washer in the comment section below.