The WhatsApp Fingerprint lock and unlock feature we are waiting for has finally arrived. Thanks to WhatsApp version 2.19.221 with the Fingerprint lock feature to automatically lock for WhatsApp 2.19.221 immediately, 1 minute, and after 30 minutes depending on your choice.
However, the Fingerprint lock in WhatsApp version 2.19.221 was first available in iOS WhatsApp following the dark mode feature [which is yet to be available for Android users].
When your WhatsApp is locked with the Fingerprint lock feature you can set the new feature to preview sender and message text inside new message notifications. However, if you are tired of the WhatsApp Fingerprint lock feature you can as well disable it.
When you enable Fingerprint lock in WhatsApp you can use it to lock your WhatsApp chat by just placing your hand in your lock and unlock sensor. To unlock your WhatsApp you just need to place your finger at the Fingerprint unlock SENSOR on your phone.
Table of Contents
- Download WhatsApp Version 2.19.221
- Download WhatsApp Version 2.19.221 APK
- Enable WhatsApp Fingerprint Lock
- How to Unlock WhatsApp with Fingerprint
- Disable WhatsApp Fingerprint Lock
- WhatsApp Fingerprint Lock FAQ!
Download WhatsApp Version 2.19.221
To be able to enable and use the Fingerprint lock feature you need to upgrade to WhatsApp version 2.19.221.
- Launch the Google play store
- Click on the menu
- Tap on “Apps & games“
- Scroll down to “WhatsApp” and click on the “Update”
- WhatsApp version 2.19.221 will start to download
This new WhatsApp version 2.19.221 will replace the old WhatsApp app on your phone without deleting your chat history, contacts, status, etc.
However, it worth to back up your chat history to an external source such as your MicroSD. If you don’t know how to backup your WhatsApp chat see this guide.
Download WhatsApp Version 2.19.221 APK
WhatsApp version 2.19.221 APK with a Fingerprint lock and unlock feature is currently available for download in top APK sites such as APKpure, APKmirror, Aptoide, APKhere, etc. However, in this section, I’ll provide a direct link to download WhatsApp 2.19.221 APK (app).
- Download WhatsApp APK (2.19.221)
- Go to your download folder
- Click on WhatsApp_version_2.19.221.apk
- Click on “install” to the bottom right
- Follow the screen instruction to install
Once the new APK version is installed the Fingerprint lock will be integrated into the privacy section.
Enable WhatsApp Fingerprint Lock
Follow the procedures below to enable fingerprint lock in WhatsApp version 2.19.221.
- Launch the WhatsApp version 2.19.221 app
- Click on the More option
- Tap on settings from the drop menu
- Click on “Account”
- Click on “Privacy” under “account”
- Scroll down and click on “Fingerprint lock”
- Toggle the icon under “Unlock with Fingerprint”
- Place your finger on the “Fingerprint” sensor on your phone to confirm
- Select the waiting time under “Automatically lock”
- Toggle to enable “Show contents in notifications.
The fingerprint lock feature will be enabled. When next you place the finger you set to unlock and lock your WhatsApp app, the WhatsApp messenger app will be locked and when you place it again the lock screen will be unlocked.
How to Unlock WhatsApp with Fingerprint
When you want to unlock your WhatsApp with your Fingerprint after you have set your lock fingerprint just place your finger on the fingerprint sensor to unlock it. However, you must use the Fingerprint you use to confirm your WhatsApp Fingerprint lock to unlock your WhatsApp when locked.
Disable WhatsApp Fingerprint Lock
There is no commitment to using the new WhatsApp fingerprint unlock and lock feature. You can opt-out at will. However, it worth to note that the WhatsApp Fingerprint lock feature helps to increase the message security features.
- Launch the WhatsApp app from your app menu
- Click on the menu option
- Tap on settings from the drop menu
- Click on Account
- Tap on privacy
- Tap on fingerprint
- Toggle to disable the lock and unlock option.
The Fingerprint lock in your WhatsApp account will be disabled instantly.
WhatsApp Fingerprint Lock FAQ!
Here are questions that may be running through your mind when you want to use the new WhatsApp lock with Fingerprint.
Which Finger can I Use?
You can use any finger. Be it a thumb, index, middle finger, ring finger, or the little finger.
Is it difficult to confirm fingerprint?
The answer is no. Just once and the app sensor will confirm your fingerprint once you placed the right finger on the fingerprint sensor on your phone.
Can I Use WhatsApp fingerprint?
If your smartphone has a fingerprint sensor the WhatsApp fingerprint lock will work on your phone once you updated to WhatsApp version 2.19.221.
How many Fingerprint can I register?
The WhatsApp fingerprint feature is different from the default Smartphone fingerprint sensor where you can register up to 5 fingers. However, the WhatsApp version 2.19.221 can only register 1 fingerprint.