If you have been looking for how to use Widgetsmith on your smartphone to customise your widget then this article will help you with a piece of information on how to go about it.
This article is a very buoyant and holistic one as we have touched on a different aspect of Widgetsmith. We have discussed the free and premium features of the app and whether or not if you need a premium subscription.
We have also discussed how you can make use of the Widget Smith app to create customised widgets on your device including text and photos.
And finally, we discussed how you can change your widget font and colour from the app effectively
With that being said, let’s go into this article in full as you’re about to discover how to use it legitimately and even more!
Is Widgetsmith free?
Widgetsmith is one of the most reliable widget makers on iOS and it might interest you to know that almost all the features on the app are free.
If you’re making use of the free Widgetsmith version you will barely differentiate between the free and premium version.
Almost all the features on Widgetsmith are free, the only thing you will not be able to access as a free subscriber are things like access to weather data, and so other things that are not really vital considering the main purpose of the app.
In my opinion, one does not need to become a premium subscriber, when you can actually get almost the same features as a free subscriber.
How to Use Widgetsmith
Subsequently, we shall be discussing how to use Widgetsmith; we will try to discuss this in a very simple way that will guarantee that you will understand the various areas you can make use of Widgetsmith and how to go about it.
How to Use Widgetsmith to add widgets to your home screen
After you have installed Widgetsmith on your mobile device, the next thing you need to do is to create a suitable widget that you would want to use on your home screen.
If this has already been done, then follow the steps below to get the widget you have created on Widgetsmith on your home screen.
- As we have stated the first thing you need to do is to create the widget and customise it to your taste on Widgetsmith.
- Leave the Widgetsmith app and go to the homepage of your device.
- When you are on your home screen, long-press any part of your home screen; you will notice that the jiggle mode will appear.
- The next thing you to do is to add a widget by pressing the + button
- Then your widgets will appear, make use of the search bar to search for the word “Widgetsmith”.
- You will notice that the widget you created will appear, choose the one you want to use on your home screen.
- You can customise and rearrange your widgets anyhow you want on your home screen so long as you are still in jiggle mode.
- Immediately you are satisfied with your settings click done; you will notice that you have successfully added your customised widget on your home screen.
How to Use Widgetsmith to Set up a Photos Widget?
Most people do not know that it is possible to add a photo widget on your iOS device using Widgetsmith.
You can select a particular photo to display all through the day; you also have the flexibility to select more than one photo, and Widgetsmith will automatically switch between these photos at intervals on the widget area where you have placed it.
If you’re making use of the Widgetsmith version 101 to set up an image as a widget you can adjust the location of the image; all you need to do is when you press the select photo button, press adjust image alignment.
Below is a step-by-step process and how to use Widgetsmith to set up photos widget.
- The first thing you need to do is to open the Widgetsmith App.
- Select your widget size; that is the size of the widget you would want to add your photo(s) to.
- You need to edit this widget by tapping on the default widget button.
- The next thing you need to do is to locate the custom area style button. To do this you need to keep scrolling until you find this option.
- If you do not want your photo to be switching at intervals, then you can select only one photo that will be static on the widget. But if you want your widget to display more than one photos you can allow your Widgetsmith app to have access to your photos to be able to switch in between photos.
- Depending on how many pictures you selected you will notice that there will be a new title under at bottom of your screen titled Selected Photos or Photo as the case may be.
- Next, you need to choose photos by pressing the show photo button. This will allow you to see your camera pictures.
- Select the pictures you want and then save! You can still be able to change the title of the widget if you want.
This will help you know the name of the widget you want to make use of when you want to paste it on your home screen.
How to Use Widgetsmith to Customize Widget Font and Colors
You can make use of the Widgetsmith App to customize widget fonts and colour.
You need to do is follow the process below on how to use Widgetsmith to customize and you’ll be done in no time.
- On the Widgetsmith app go through the list of the widget you have and select any one of your choices.
- Just before the bottom of the screen, you will see the font bar option.
- Then scroll through the list of fonts available under the font option and select the font of your choice.
- Again you at the bottom of your screen you will see the tint colour bar option select it and proceed.
- Select the tint of your choice and choose your background colour. The list of colour will appear; go to the list and select any colour of your choice.
- At the top left corner, you will see the back arrow, click on it and then press save
- Return to the home screen, you will notice that your widgets font colour has been customised.