Windows 10 version 1809 and version 1803 are two Windows 10 contradicting versions. The version 1803 is stable compared to version 1809 so you may want to roll back to it.
There are two ways to roll back the Windows 10 version 1809 to version 1803. You can use the Windows 10 rollback feature but this hardly works. The downside of the rollback Windows 10 feature is that it doesn’t work after 10 days a new update has been released. Even sometimes, within this period, the rollback feature often fails to rollback.
Another approach is to create a bootable USB/DVD using Windows 10 ISO file with Windows 10 media creation tool. However, since the Windows rollback feature isn’t the way out, the only way out is to download Windows 10 version 1803 to create a bootable USB/DVD and install it on the Windows version 1809 to replace it.
Windows Media CreationTool
Windows media creation tool is a simple tool developed by Microsoft to upgrade Windows 10 from the previous version to the latest version. The Media Creation tool can also be used to create a bootable USB/DVD with ISO file.
However, this tool doesn’t directly work to download the previous version. Technically, the Media Creation Tool download is a small file size to upgrade Windows 10.
But with a walkaround, you can download a complete Windows 10 version of your choice, most especially the Windows version 1803 to replace version 1803 from the bootable USB/DVD with ISO file rather than allowing the Media Creation Tool.
Therefore, in this guide, I will share with you how to download Windows 10 version 1803, create a bootable USB/DVD with the version 1803 ISO file, and install it on your Windows 10 to replace the existing Windows 10 version 1809.
How to Download Windows 10 Version 1803 on Microsoft Edge
Here is the step-by-step procedure to download Windows ISO file version 1803 on Microsoft Edge.
- Open a new tab in your Microsoft Edge browser. Copy and paste this link into your browser tab (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10) and click on the enter key.
- Right-click on any part of the Windows Media Creation tool and click on “Inspect Element” from the popup.
- Scroll down and click on “Network Connections”. Under the “User-agent” untick “select automatically” and select “Safari – iPad iOS 9″ from the drop menu under the “mode”.
- The page would refresh automatically. If it doesn’t, right-click on the page and select refresh or just press “F5″ on your computer to refresh.
- Click on the “Download Now” button. Instead of the Windows Media Creation tool to download, it will pop-up another interface.
- Under “Select Edition” select “Windows 10 April 2018 Update”
- Tap on the “Confirm” button
- Under “Select the product language” select your Windows preferred language. The English language is the default language.
- Under the “Windows Architecture” select 32-bit or 64-bit depending on your Windows architecture.
Now, the Windows 10 version 1803 will be successfully downloaded to your PC.
Note: You can follow these procedures to download Windows 10 version 1803 on Google Chrome browser, Opera browser, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer browser.
Download Rufus Tool
Rufus is a portable tool for Windows computer to format a USB and to create a bootable USB/DVD. The Rufus tool converts a flash drive, pen drive, and other drives to a bootable device.
You don’t need to install the Rufus USB. All you need to use the tool is double click on it with the USB or DVD you want to create a bootable USB/DVD on is inserted into your PC.
Therefore, to create a bootable USB using the Windows 10 version 1803 to replace Windows 10 version 1809, the Ruful tool is needed.
Click on this link to download Rufus tool.
Create a Bootable USB/DVD with Windows 10 version 1803
Here we are going to create a bootable USB/DVD with Windows 10 version 1803 ISO file to install it on Windows 10 version 1809 computer.
- Download and extract the Rufus tool. Right-click on the Rufus.exe and run as administrator.
- Insert your USB or DVD into your computer and select the drive name from the CD-ROM option.
- Under the “Boot” select “Windows 10 version 1803. Then click on the start button.
- Select Write in ISO image mode (recommended) from the pop-up that says “The image you have selected is an “ISOHybrid” image” and press the “OK” button
- The drive (Pendrive/USB/DVD) must be empty and have enough capacity for the ISO file.
- The Rufus tool will start burning the ISO file on your removable drive. The whole processes should take a few minutes.
Once the Windows 10 version 1803 has been successfully burned on your removable drive, you can now proceed to use it to downgrade your Windows 10 version 1809.
Safely remove the removable from your PC. You can just right-click on your drive and select safe remove from from the pop-up.
How to Replace Windows 10 Version 1809 with 1803
It’s time to replace the Windows 10 version 1809 with the Windows 10 version 1803 ISO file bootable on your flash drive.
- Insert the bootable removable to the PC you want to replace its Windows 10 version 1809 with version 1803 and restart your PC.
- Take a close look at the Windows combination key to enter the BIOS settings. For Windows 7 follow this guide.
- Use the arrow key or the + & – button to scroll to “Boot Priority” and see the “USB” as your boost priority.
- Save and exit the “BIOS” settings by pressing “Esc” and let the PC reboot again.
- Your Windows 10 will detect the bootable device automatically and install the Windows 10 version 1803 to replace the version 1809.
The Windows 10 version 1803 will be installed to replace the Windows 10 version 1809.