Autoplay on Facebook is one of the weirdest things to consider as it consumes a lot of data and plays videos when you don’t intentionally want to play the video. So, if this autoplay is annoying and would like to turn it off here is a guide. In this article, we will consider how to turn off autoplay on Facebook.
When the Facebook autoplay is turned off videos will stop playing automatically whenever you scroll to it unless you click on the video play button to play it.
And since Facebook gives permission to control the play option on the platform you will learn how you can disable Facebook autoplay in this guide.
How to Turn Off Autoplay on Facebook
The steps to turn off autoplay on Facebook vary depending on the devices that you are using. So, if you are using an Android phone the steps will differ from those on iOS devices. So, whether you are using an Android or iOS device you can simply disable or stop the Facebook autoplay on your device.
You can turn off Facebook autoplay on Android if you take the following steps.
- Launch the “Facebook” app on your Android.
- Tap on your “Profile” icon at the top right.
- Select “Settings & privacy.”
- Choose “Media” under “Preferences.”
- Scroll to “Autoplay” and enable “Never Autoplay Videos.”
Once this option is enabled your Facebook account will stop Facebook autoplay. You can also choose whether to autoplay video on Wi-Fi only or not.
For iPhone users, the steps below will help you to disable Facebook autoplay.
- Open the “Facebook” app on your iPhone.
- Tap “Menu” to the bottom right.
- Scroll down and tap “Settings & Privacy.”
- Choose “Settings.”
- Select the “Media” option under “Preferences.”
- Scroll down to “Autoplay” and check “Never Autoplay Video.”
You will no longer need to bother whether Facebook will autoplay videos on your iPhone when next you visit Facebook.
PC [Laptop or Desktop]
You can also disable Facebook autoplay if you are using the Facebook web at the moment. So, the steps below reveal how to stop Facebook autoplay on your laptop or desktop computer.
- Go to “web.facebook.com” and sign in to your Facebook account.
- Click on your “Profile” icon at the top-right.
- Select “Settings & Privacy” >> “Settings.”
- Choose “Video” under your “Facebook Information.”
- Select the “Drop Menu” next to “Autoplay Videos.”
- Select “Off.”
Facebook will stop play videos on your account henceforth.