Your iOS and iPadOS keep tracking of your iPhone and iPad cellular data. Android isn’t doing otherwise in this regard as it also keeps track of how your Android phone consumes data to allow you to account for the total number of cellular data your phone consumes over a period of time until you reset it. So, in this article, we will consider how to reset cellular data on iPhone and Android devices respectively.
You can choose to reset your cellular data manually or set it to automatically reset the cellular data on a particular day of the month or week depending on your choice. So, whichever one you choose, in this article, you will learn how your cellular data manually and automatically.
Recommended: How to Check Your Data Usage
How to Reset Cellular Data on iPhone & iPad
The steps below explain how you can reset your cellular data on your iPhone. In this article, I will be using the iPhone 12 Pro Max running on iOS17 or later as a guide. The step might be different from older versions such as iPhone 8 or iPhone 6 or iPhone that cannot run the iOS17 or its seeds (iOS17.1, iOS17.2, iOS17.3…).
- Go to your “iPhone” settings.
- Click on “Mobile Service.”
- Scroll down to “Mobile Data” to see the “Current Period” data cellular usage.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Reset Statistics.”
- Choose “Reset Statistics” from the “popup.”
Your iPhone cellular data statistics will be reset and all data information will be cleared.
How to Reset Cellular Data on Android
You can also reset your cellular data on your Android phone but the steps are different from the steps above. Therefore, we will discuss how you can easily reset your Android phone’s cellular data here.
- Go to your “Android Phone” settings.
- Select “Mobile Network.”
- Choose “Data Usage.”
- Select your “Data SIM” if you are using a dual SIM phone.
- You will see your total “Cellular Data” before the usage graph.
- Scroll down and click on “Reset.”
- Tap “Yes” from the pop-up to reset your data usage.
Your data usage will be cleared and set to zero on your Android.
How to Disable Cellular Data Usage on your iPhone
You can disable your iPhone cellular usage if you don’t want your iPhone to track your cellular usage on your iPhone. Taking the steps below will walk you through how to disable cellular data usage on your iOS17 device.
- Go to your “iPhone Settings.”
- Tap on “Mobile Service.”
- Scroll down and toggle off “Enable Mobile Data Usage Statistics.”
Your iPhone will stop tracking your iPhone cellular data usage henceforth.