WhatsApp is a number mobile chat app and it wins the like of LINE, Skype, WeChat, etc. It’s has over 1 billion mobile users with millions of user login on laptop daily. The WhatsApp login allows WhatsApp app to be used on a larger screen and do all the WhatsApp stunts on the WhatsApp web on your PC.
However, here in this guide you will learn how to login WhatsApp on a laptop using the WhatsApp web app, install WhatsApp desktop installer, and use an emulator [Bluestacks] to install WhatsApp app on your laptop or desktop.
Table of Contents
Create WhatsApp Account
There is no need to create a new WhatsApp account to login to WhatsApp on desktop or laptop. With the WhatsApp profile on your mobile with the help of the WhatsApp web and installer for computer you will be able to login WhatsApp on your choice of computer.
Meanwhile, with apps like Parallel Space you can run two WhatsApp on the same phone without interferring.
WhatsApp PC Login Requirement
You need to have the following requirement to login to WhatsApp account on PC
- A smartphone with installed WhatsApp app
- Internet connection for both PC and your smartphone
- A working PC (Windows or Mac OS)
- DIY (Do It Yourself) knowledge
How to Login to WhatsApp Account on PC
There two ways to login WhatsApp on laptop or PC. So, if you want to start accessing your WhatsApp Messengers on your PC or laptop you should consider using at least one of these approaches. The procedure followed different means though but the end products are the same.
WhatsApp Login on Web
Here in this first approach, we will share with you how to login to WhatsApp on laptop through your browsers. You can use any browser but I prefer to use Google Chrome browser.
- Launch your browser e.g, Google Chrome
- Visit web.whatsapp.com to access WhatsApp for PC.
- You should have the screen below once you visited the above WhatsApp web link.
- Grab your smartphone and click on the ellipsis (three dots to the upper right) of your account page.
- Click WhatsApp web from the menu.
- Your WhatsApp will be ready to scan your PC with QR code.
- Then place your phone camera on your PC WhatsApp web page and sync.
There is no need to create another WhatsApp account on your PC to login WhatsApp on your PC or laptop.
Note: You will have access to all messages on your WhatsApp app on the smartphone you synched to your PC/Laptop, read and reply chats on your PC, listen and record voice messages on PC, send documents and another thing you can do on WhatsApp mobile.
The only limitation, for now, is that you cannot make a voice call when you Login to WhatsApp account on your PC and you are good to go.
WhatsApp Login on Laptop or Desktop
This how to login WhatsApp on laptops or PC without creating another WhatsApp account.
- Go to WhatsApp homepage on www.whatsapp.com.
- Navigate the page and click on download option Windows or Mac.
- Download WhatsApp for Windows PC.
- Click on the WhatsApp installer in your download folder to install it on your Windows.
- Go to your desktop on your Laptop
- Locate the WhatsApp icon for Windows and click on it .
- If you choose to create desktop icon while installing it you should see it on your desktop otherwise use the search box to find your WhatsApp icon on your computer.
- WhatsApp Barcode will popup as seen below.
- Go to WhatsApp on your phone and click on the 3-dots to the top right.
- Click “WhatsApp Web” from the pops.
- Scan your WhatsApp mobile barcode on your PC/laptop by placing the camera on your laptop.
The interface above shows the exact WhatsApp login page on your computer using WhatsApp Messenger app for Windows. You can start enjoying your WhatsApp account on your computer and you are good here.
Note: You must always keep your phone connected to the internet if you want to enjoy this for long. Here is a post to monitor your PC Wi-Fi and put behind all intruders.
For Mac users, you can check out how to install WhatsApp for Mac reading “How to Install WhatsApp on Mac OS“.
How to Create Whatsapp Account on PC
Do you want to create your WhatsApp account on PC without using your phone? Here is the trick.
- Download and install “BlueStacks emulator on your PC.
- Launch the emulator >> play store >> download WhatsApp.
- Launch the WhatsApp messenger.
- Enter your phone number to login WhatsApp on your PC
- Enter the “WhatsApp activation” code sent to your phone.
- WhatsApp will start working on your PC.
You may be required to keep WhatsApp active on your phone to login WhatsApp on PC. This is not hard to do, I believe.
WhatsApp Login using Emulator
This method involves running WhatsApp Messenger on PC just like on phone. The method shared here is about login to WhatsApp app on PC without WhatsApp web for browsers or WhatsApp app for PC.
This is about installing WhatsApp account on PC using Bluestacks. Also, if you want to create WhatsApp account you can use this procedure. In the past, we have published an article on how to use Android apps on PC you should consider checking it out and also then check out how WhatsApp login is possible on PC using Bluestacks.
Were you able to login to your WhatsApp account using these procedures? Please use the comment box to let us know how this post has helped you logging to WhatsApp on PC. And also, you can do us a favor by sharing the article with your friends on social media.