PS4 party chat application is more of a life saviour for those that want to use Discord on PS4 and access PS4 activity on Discord. Discord PS4 enhances PS4 remote play with friends and chat with friends with or without PSN.
The PS4 party chat application reduces the stress of chatting with friends on PS4 while on discord. As you can now concentrate on a single device and even access your activities on your choice between your Discord server and your PS4.
Without much ado, Discord is probably one of the ways to stay connected to your friends on PS4. And as it goes, it looks like Discord and PS4 are planning huge for the forthcoming PlayStation generation.
Since Discord works with PS4 you can simply connect the two devices together and access your activity on either.
So, in this guide, we will share with you “Discord PS4” connection tips using PS4 Part chat app.
How to Install Discord On PS4
Should you want to install Discord on PS4 console to be able to show your PS4 activity on Discord. Just follow the procedures below.
- Switch on your PS4 game console and connect to your monitor or TV.
- Connect the optical cable to your PS4 console.
- Switch your MixAmp to console mode.
- Connect the other end of the optical cable to your MixAmp.
- Once the MixAmp headset has been successfully connected you will see that the MixAmp headset and volume control will be assigned as a USB device.
- Scroll down to your PS4 settings and select “Sound and Screen.”
- Hover to and select “Audio Output Settings.”
- Select “Dolby 5.1 channel” for better sound output.
- In the audio format settings, select BitStream (Dolby).
- On the initial setting screen, you want to select “Audio Device” and set “Headphones” output to “Chat Audio”.
How to Connect Discord to PC using MixAmp
You ain’t done yet. To connect all the setup above to your PC, switch on the PC you want to use, connect the other end of the USB to the MixAmp and connect the other end to your PC. Before that, switch the MixAmp to PC mode.
- Open the Discord app on your PC. If you haven’t downloaded it, download it from here.
- Tap on the “Settings” gear icon beside the “headset” icon.
- Scroll down to “App Settings” and select “Voice & Video.”
- While on the device output settings select the “Headset” that you are using. And also check “voice activity”.
- In the “Output Device” make sure it is set to “Default.”
- Tap on the “Done” button to finish up.
That is all you have to do to talk through Discord and use your PC as your audio output.
Discord PS4: View PS4 Activity on Discord
Since there is no Discord app for PS4 it’s not going to be easy for most users to view PS4 activity on Discord.. However, a new app now shows that when installed. And here is how to view PS4 activity on Discord.
- Download and install the “PlayStationDiscord” app on your computer. The software works on Windows and Mac. Just download your OS installer and install it.
- Launch the app and tap on the sign-in button. Sign in with your PSN username and password.
- Enable “Rich Presence” option once you have successfully signed in.
Here is a video on how the app to view PS4 activity on Discord works.
Now, you will be able to view your activity log on. Note that this software doesn’t store user login. It means that to view your PS4 activity on your Discord you would need to log into the PlayStation Discord software.