We have a lot of password in our diary. Some are really important while some are less. Few of most important passwords you need to keep your two eyes on are Gmail password, Yahoomail password, Hotmail Password, Facebook password to mention a few. When they are lost the best solution is to use password recovery feature. When it comes to Gmail password recovery, Google offers lots of options to find lost password and regain access to your Gmail account.
To use Gmail password finder you only need your last Gmail password or if you can still remember it. Otherwise your Gmail username will do the job alone for you and you will be able to hijack your Gmail account if it has been hack or taken over by another person.
And for this reason we are going to share with you 2 ways to use Gmail password recovery feature to reset your Gmail password if you have forgotten it or lost it to third person.
How to Use Gmail Password Recovery to Reset Gmail Password
Since we are no way perfect and anyone can fall victim of this password lost itch. And thanks to Google for giving the privilege to have access to password recovery feature to reset users account when password to an account is lost or when once could not remember it again. However, where are the renowned two methods to recover Gmail account password.
Here in this section we’d make use of Gmail password recovery page to initiate the first procedure which is the often regarded as the fastest way to recover your lost Gmail password.
1. Open your browser and visit Gmail password recovery page: google.com/accounts/recovery/
2. When you click on Gmail recovery page above you will be taken to Gmail find my account page. Enter your Gmail account or mobile number associated with the Gmail account if any and hits the next button.
3. Next, you will be taken to Gmail help page. On this page Google mail we try to see whether you can still remember few thing about your account. Enter the last password you can remember and click on next button to proceed to the next step.
Note: If you cannot remember your last password then enter your first password to the account
4. If you enter any password that has been associated with the Gmail account you want to find the password you will be taken to the next step to confirm your associated mobile number. Enter the full mobile number associated with your Gmail account and click on send code.
Note: You must have access to the mobile phone to be able to access the code for your password recovery.
5. Google will send your Gmail account verification code to the phone number you entered. Then type the code into the column of codes or click on resend to resend code if it didn’t arrive within the space of 15 minutes.
Once received enter the code into the code column and click on next button.
6. You will be prompt to create a new password for your account. Ensure to create a strong and difficult to guess password for your account. With this you are done recovery your Gmail account password.
In case the above Gmail password finder does not work for you. You should be able to find this method 2 interesting to help recovery your forgotten Gmail password and retrieve your account fully. And we are going to make use of Google I can’t sign to your account’ for your Gmail password recovery and mainly, we are going to the date you created your Gmail account in this section.
1. Open your browser and visit Gmail date of opening recovery page to regain access to your Gmail account you think you’ve lost to third party or been hacked by an unknown person and select the date your created the account.
Enter the Gmail in question and you will be taken to this page and click on next button to proceed.
Note: Make sure you enter almost exact year and month so that recovery your Gmail account with this method will not cost you headache.
2. Google will send an email contain a one time verification code to your verification Gmail account. Click on send for Google to send the code to verify that the account is indeed your own.
3. Login to your recovery Gmail account to copy and paste the code into the code column on the page that populates and click on next proceed. And will be taken a new page to create a new Gmail account for gmail. Once you do that you will have access to your Gmail account again and you are good to go.
4. Once you have chosen a new password click on ‘change password’ to effect changes and change your Gmail password successfully.
In the same way, you can use third party desktop software for your Gmail password recovery but the methods shared in this post are the most popular and easy to use method to find and recover lost Gmail account password.