Are you wondering, how you can activate Hulu on Apple TV? then you are at the threshold of your answers.
Like other Apple products and devices, Apple TVs are just on a class of its own, when it comes to Smart TVs as it is capable of performing a wide range of functions, of which Hulu is one. On that note, we will be discussing how you can activate Hulu on Apple TV in much details.
Hulu has been considered the popular streaming service that has a large library of on-demand movies and TV series available through many channels. Hulu allows users to watch thousands of shows and movies on their televisions, laptops, mobile devices, gaming consoles, and other devices.
Apple TV is a streaming media player, which means it lets you watch videos, listen to music, play games, and use other types of apps from the Internet on your TV.
The Apple TV comes in two models: Apple TV 4K, which supports 4K Ultra HD and HDR video, and Apple TV HD, which supports 1080p.
How to Set Up the Apple TV
First things first, it pretty much goes without saying, you will need to set up your Apple TV first, before you can activate Hulu on it.
So, here we will outline the simple steps you will have to take to get that done. It’s pretty straightforward.
To get started, you want to be sure that you have the following accessories in the box.
- The actual Apple TV device.
- A Siri remote.
- A power cord that connects your Apple TV to an outlet, and a lightning to USB cable for charging the remote.
- An HDMI cable which you also need(but that does not come along in the box), so make sure you have one before you get started.
So, the set up proper,
- Plug in your Apple TV to an outlet using the power cord, and connect the Apple TV to your TV using the HDMI cable
- Then, turn on your TV and select the HDMI input that your Apple TV is connected to. Depending on the model, tap or click your remote to activate the setup.
- Go ahead to choose your language and region. Continue through the data and privacy disclosure.
- The next step in the setup is connecting to your Wi-Fi network and entering your Apple ID. You’ll be asked to choose between “Set Up with Device” or “Set Up Manually.”
- If you decide to set up with device( iPhone or another iOS device), then make sure it is connected to Wi-Fi and that Bluetooth is turned on. Hold the device near the Apple TV, which will trigger a prompt on your device.
- Tap “Set Up” to continue, you will be asked to enter an authentication code that appears on your TV. Once you’ve entered the code, the authentication process should take about 30 seconds to go through
- If you opt for the manual set up, you’ll be asked to choose your WiFi network and enter the password.
- Then you’ll need to enter your Apple ID, which you can choose to skip, but it’s recommended, because it allows you to do things like make purchases through iTunes and sync to your other Apple devices.
- Once that is done, your set up is complete. The next screens are a series of settings you’ll be asked to choose and that’s easily navigable.
How To Activate Hulu on Apple TV
Truth is simply buying an Apple TV does not guarantee you access to the content you can watch on it, just like buying a TV does not give you access to cable TV shows.
You need to deliberately have accounts with each streaming service that provides the content (of which some are free and some are paid) or you subscribe to a cable/satellite package that gives you permission to access shows from specific networks through the Apple TV.
With that being said, you can activate Hulu on your Apple TV, by
- Launching the Hulu App on your Apple TV.
- Then, click on login on the home screen.
- Select “activate on your device” either a phone, laptop, computer.
- The next screen will show you the Hulu app activation code.
- Go to hulu.com/activate
- Enter the activation code
- The account will be automatically logged in
- Choose your profile from the available list.
- Sit back and start the business of streaming.
How To Delete an Hulu Account
We know we are talking about activating Hulu on Apple TV, but we feel it is also necessary that you know how you can delete an Hulu account from a device, if need be.
Apparently, Hulu allows customers to access their Hulu accounts on various devices. Users can monitor and manage connected devices, as well as remove and add devices. It is the same way you can log into your Instagram account on a different device.
So, follow the steps below if you need to delete your Hulu account.
- Log in to your account at hulu.com/activate.
- Go to the area titled “Your Account.”
- Select Manage Your Device from the drop-down menu.
- On the screen, a list of all connected devices to the Hulu account will appear.
- To remove a device, select the Remove option and that does it.
What Devices Is Hulu Compatible With
Hulu is a versatile app, because it works on, and is compatible with a wide range of browsers and devices. There are two versions of the Hulu app in use, which is the current version that you can use on most modern devices and a classic Hulu app that doesn’t include Live TV access.
However, you can also use the latest Hulu app with Live TV on the following devices;
- Most Android phones and tablets
- Apple TV (4th generation or later)
- Echo Show
- Fire Tablets
- Fire TV and Fire TV Stick
- LG TV (select models)
- Nintendo Switch
- Mac and PC browsers
- PlayStation 3
- PlayStation 4
- PlayStation 5
- Roku and Roku Stick (select models)
- Samsung TV (select models)
- Windows 10
- Xbox 360
- Xbox One
Activating Hulu on Apple TV is one sure way to enjoy and make the most of your Apple TV, because of its premium entertainment and the overall wholesome experience it gives.
We hope you find the points discussed in this article, helpful and enlightening.
Thank you and you do a good and you now know how to activate Hulu on Apple TV.