This is article will put you through how to cast VLC to your Firestick. If you have a Roku TV and you will like to know how to cast VLC to Roku, chec out this complete article on how cast your VLC to your Roku TV.
Before we proceed, won’t you like to know what a Firestick is? I will explain in short detail what we understand by Firestick and also how to cast a VLC to Firestick.
What is a Firestick and what is it used for?
You probably think what this means is a stick lighted with fire, but what a Firestick means is a streaming device invented by Amazon to be just like every other streaming device such as the Google Chromecast, Roku, Nvidia Shield TV, Apple TV, etc.
The Firestick is a plastic rectangular device about 31/2 inches. This device becomes functional when plugged into the TV with an HDMI port when connected to the TV and gives you access to movie options.
This dongle is the hardware that could turn your TV into a very functional smart TV just like an Android box. For you to have access to the contents on the device, it has to be connected to Wi-Fi and log in to any of your favorite streaming content such as Netflix, YouTube, DSTV, and so on all on this small device.
Before you can cast VLC to your Firestick, you first need to set the device up (Firestick) and how do you do this? To avoid confusion, the Fire TV stick and the Firestick are almost similar because they have the same features.
How to Setup Firestick
It is an easy and fast step to follow. What you have to do is to connect your TV to an adapter in a wall socket, connect the Firestick micro-USB port to the HDMI port at the back of your Tv after you have connected the Firestick to your Wi-Fi.
Firestick has many functions and a few of them is to cast VLC to Firestick. The Firestick also comes with a voice command that allows you to control the TV with your voice controls.
Without digressing much from the main reason why we are here which is how to cast VLC to Firestick, by now you should already be familiar with what a VLC is. A quick reminder that a VLC is one of the most used media players used across the globe by many users. Its great features have made it rank top used apps which is now being used on a lot of smart TVs today.
How to Download and Install VLC on Firestick
Thanks to the developers who have thought it through to design a special VLC app for the Firestick making it easy to control and use.
The first step to follow to cast VLC to Firestick is by:
- Download and install a VLC app for Firestick from an Amazon App Store
- The Firestick comes with a remote, all you need to do is to click on the ‘Home’ button on the remote.
- On the home screen of the TV, click on the ‘Search’ Icon and type in VLC for Firestick or VLC for Fire to install the VLC app.
How to Cast VLC to your Firestick
The follow steps explain how to cast the VLC app to your Firestick media player.
- After the installation of the VLC is completed, launch the VLC app on the Firestick screen displayed on your TV.
- And all your saved videos on the Firestick will be displayed on the VLC app.
- Open any video or music of your choice to play.
If you wish to stream content online, scroll down to the browsing section on the VLC and browse anything you want to view.
How to Cast VLC to your Firestick without Amazon App Store
Another method by which you can get to cast the VLC app to your Firestick peradventure you could not install the VLC from the Amazon App Store is to download the app using a Downloader.
- On the Firestick home screen, press Find using the remote control.
- Tap Search.
- Proceed further by searching for Downloader.
- Click on it and it will start the installation.
- Go back to your home screen.
- Tap the Settings icon by the right corner.
- Chose the My Fire TV option.
- Select the Developer Options.
- Choose the ADB debugging option displayed and turn the toggle on.
- Go on to select the Install unknown apps option.
- Turn the Downloader on.
- After launching the Downloader app, tap the URL box and enter http://bit.ly/vlc334.
- This will allow the VLC to be downloaded and installed on the Firestick.
- You will need to tap on the Delete option twice to remove the VLC app from the local storage, (this may not be necessary).
To Cast VLC to Firestick screen if you intend to use the app often;
- On the home screen, scroll to the See All option placed next to the settings icon.
- Go to VLC Player and click the Menu button on the Firestick remote.
- Toggle on the Move option
- And drag it to where you wish and chose the Select button.
- You now have easy access to the VLC Player directly on your Firestick home screen.
- After following this process, you will be able to choose any media files you wish to access on the VLC Player.
To cast VLC to Firestick has been proven to be among the easiest ways to enjoy your Firestick device and with the enjoyable features on the VLC Player such as the subtitles, the streaming options, and the ability to control how you like to have your media displayed, you are bound to have the best days by sitting next to your screen.
If you are still having some difficulties on how to cast VLC to Firestick after using these steps, do let us know in the comment section.