Are you a virtual reality enthusiast with an Oculus quest 2 virtual reality device and looking to change a card on your Oculus quest 2? Then you are in the right place. This article will explain how to change card on Oculus quest 2.
The Oculus quest 2 virtual reality device is popular and loved among many virtual reality enthusiast communities. It owes its popularity to its unique features, such as an excellent display screen, wireless connectivity, and ample storage space.
It can be used for various purposes, such as playing virtual reality games, watching virtual reality movies, and listening to music.
The Oculus Quest has an Oculus store where you can purchase various premium entertainment content like Virtual reality games and movies.
Some of the contents are free, while some require that you pay a one-time access fee.
To make this payment, there are various payment channels available for you, and one of them is the debit or credit card.
You can also change card on Oculus quest 2 if you no longer want to use your old card. The section of the article below will explain how to change card on Oculus quest 2.
How to Change Card on Oculus Quest 2
The Oculus store has provisions for different payment methods such as credit cards, debit cards, and Paypal accounts.
If you use a debit or credit card as your payment method on the Oculus Store, you can conveniently change card on Oculus quest 2 using either the Oculus mobile app or the Oculus PC app.
Change Card on Oculus Quest 2 using the Oculus Mobile App.
You can change card on Oculus quest 2 using the mobile app by following the instructions below.
- Log in to your account with the Oculus app.
- Then, click on the menu button in the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- Then go to the Options menu and choose Settings.
- Now go to Payment Options and select your preferred method of payment.
- Then choose the add debit or credit card option from the options available.
- Then fill in all of the essential card details.
- You can now remove your previous card details if you want.
- Go back to the payment option.
- You’ll see a list of the debit and credit cards you have previously used on the Oculus store.
- Then remove the one you want to stop using.
Following the instructions above will help you change card on Oculus quest 2. After changing to your preferred card, you can start using it to purchase content from the Oculus store.
Replace Oculus Accessories
You can replace your Oculus accessories following the link below with at least a 25% discount
Change Card on Oculus Quest 2 using the Oculus PC App.
You can also change card on Oculus quest to another debit or credit card using the Oculus PC app by following the steps below.
- On your laptop or PC, launch the Oculus desktop app.
- Then select Settings from the left-hand menu.
- Now click on the payment choice.
- Then select add debit or credit card from the options available.
- Fill in all of the needed card details.
- You can also remove the card you no longer wish to use.
- Return to the payment method menu.
- Then, from the list of previously added debit and credit cards that appears on your screen, select the one you no longer want to use and delete it.
After following the instructions given above to change card on Oculus Quest 2, you can begin to purchase content from the Oculus store using your new card.
You can also learn more about How to Change Boundary in Oculus Quest 2
How to Use a Visa Gift Card on Oculus Quest 2
There is currently no exact method you can use to enable a visa gift card on Oculus quest 2.
According to the Meta quest support team, there is no guarantee that any form of a gift card, including the visa gift card, will be accepted for purchasing content on the Oculus store.
The only acceptable payment channels on the Oculus store are:
- Debit or Credit Mastercard
- America Express Card
- Debit or Credit Visa card
- Paypal Account.
You can use either of the payment channels listed above to make purchases from the Oculus store.
How to Remove Credit Card from Oculus Quest 2 Headset
You can always remove and replace a credit card you no longer want to use for purchasing content from the Oculus store.
You can follow the instruction below to remove your credit card from the Oculus store.
- Log in to your Oculus account by opening the app and logging in.
- Now, go to the bottom-right corner of your screen and click the menu button.
- Then choose Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Now go to payment choices and make your selection.
- A list of the debit and credit cards currently connected to your Oculus quest device will show on your screen.
- Delete the credit card you don’t want to use anymore.
If you have followed the instructions above, you have successfully removed your credit card from the Oculus store.
Although to make further purchases from the Oculus Store, you would need to add another debit card, credit card, or Paypal account.
How to Fix Oculus Payment Method Declined?
There are different reasons why the Oculus store might be declining the payment method you are trying to use to purchase content from the Oculus store.
Some of the reasons why this might be occurring include:
- Issues with the card-issuing company.
- Network issues.
- Insufficient funds on your debit card.
- In cases of credit cards, you might have maxed out the credit card you are using to initiate the purchase.
You might be able to resolve the issue by following some of the options listed below.
- Clear cookies and cache on your browser or use an entirely different browser.
- Ensure that you are not making an error in the card information you provide.
- Switch to another payment method. For example, you can try the Visa debit card if you have been using the American Express card.
If you have tried any or all of the options listed above and the payment method is still being declined, you can reach out to your payment channel provider.
If you have resolved with your card issuer and you are still having issues, you can reach out to the Oculus (now Meta) customer support team for further assistance.
This article has discussed the available methods you can use to change card on Oculus quest 2.
We also looked at how to remove a credit card from the Oculus store and possible fixes you can attempt when the Oculus store is declining your payment method.