Steam is best known for offering access to download video games and play from any computer online. If you are a game addict, you should download steam to purchase, download, and play your downloaded game on any computer and challenge online players.
Steam requires news user to sign up for an account to play both free games and download purchased games on the platform. And if you are already a member, all you need to do is to download the steam software, log in to your steam account and start to download games you have added to your dashboard.
When you download steam software and install it on your PC, it only acts as a game downloader on your computer as well as Steam entire website where you can easily search and play games online. However, not all steam games are not free though.
You can check out the list of games that don’t require WiFi to play and are 100% free.
The best game to download on Steam are paid games. However, before downloading the steam installer on your Windows and Mac computer, let take a look at some of the features and uniqueness of the game purchase, download, and play platform.
Features of Steam
There is more to just downloading games and play from Steam. While we take time with Steam, we discovered these features are part of the platform’s uniqueness.
1. When you join the steam community whether on a free user account or on a paid account. You’ll get instant access to over 1,100 games to purchase, download, and play.
2. You meet with people of the same interest on the platform and form alliance if you so desire beyond the online platform. This isn’t a social network like a dating site. But, the same kind of gamers that come to the platform to download games of similar interest.
3. Yes, another interesting feature of the Steam is to chat the friends you meet online on the platform. This chatting is similar to other normal chats on WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter on the same game download platform.
4. Join groups of professional gamers who rock the platform. This will grant you more exposure and you will be able to learn more and know which game is best to download if you are still an upcoming gamer.
5. Join matches and tournament online. This requires internet access though but it worth it to want to share your gaming experience with online friends by challenging them to play together.
Steam Download Technical
Here are some of the technical information you need to know about the Steam game download site.
- Title: Steam 2019.02.18 Gaming Platform for PC Windows
- Filename: SteamSetup.exe
- File size: 1.50MB (1,573,568 bytes)
- Languages: Multiple languages
- License: Freeware
- Date added: February 20, 2019
- Author: Valve Corporation
- MD5 Checksum: 81448C2E730B50B597BBD5E43007CE6A
To be able to download and install Steam on your Windows computer you must be running the following Windows OS.
- Windows XP
- Windows 7 / XP 64-bit
- Vista 64-bit
- Windows 7 64-bit
- Windows 8 / Windows 8 64-bit
- Windows 10 / Windows 10 64-bit
Steam download software is a lightweight software. Therefore, with a RAM of 512MB and 32GB ROM, you can download the steam software.
You will be able to download the game of your choice but playing it on your device will means you are running it on an external drive while you use your computer as the monitor.
To, however, enjoy playing a kind of games downloaded from the steam, a minimum of 2GB PC is required. For games like Pubg, you will need at least 3GB RAM to enjoy the game.
Download Steam for Computer
If your PC meets the basic requirement above, you should proceed to download steam to start playing games online on your PC and download your favorite for offline.
1. Open a browser and go to https://store.steampowered.com/ to access the steam download page.
2. To the upper right click on install steam and you’ll be taken to steam about page where you learn more about the steam, the number of online players, and the number of people currently playing games online.
3. Click on install Steam. For Mac click on the Macintosh icon and for Windows click on Windows icon.
4. Go to your download directory and click on SteamSetup.exe file and tap install. You need the computer administrative right to install Steam.
5. Accept Steam terms and condition and select the directory to install the software. Once done, click on done to close the app or open to launch it.
Congratulations you have successfully download and install steam on your computer. All you need to do now is to start playing games on your computer without using Steam on the browser.
This is probably the best and easiest way to play games online with a lightweight application.
Were you able to download steam and connect with your steam friends, groups, host, chat, match, and tournament on your PC?