Did you forget your Orbi router password? Or do you want to reset your Orbi router to its default factory settings? Then this article will guide you through simple steps to change your Orbi router password. All you need do is follow this guide circumspectively as we help you out!
The Orbi router password is always needed anytime you want to resetting your Orbi router to its default factory settings, if you want to change the existing Orbi login password, manage the connected devices, search for connected devices, add on a new Orbi satellite, or when you add a new device with the existing network or connect to the router & satallite for your internet access.
Orbi WiFi system is a reliable WiFi network for the entire household? The Orbi system provides you with one network name and password, so you won’t need to switch between networks while roaming around your home.
The Orbi router comes with a default username and password that needs to be changed via orbilogin.com so that defaulter or hacker will not hack into your WiFi account.
However, a lot of Orbi router users don’t like changing the password, this is because they tend to forget them. As you continue reading this post, you will not only learn how to change the Orbi router default password but you will also be exposed to the steps that can be taken to recover forgotten Orbi router password.
Orbi Router Default Password
Since a default password might be very easy to guess, using the default password can give anyone access to enter your wireless network.
In case you usually use random WiFi/hotspots like a guest at someone’s home, accessing your network might not seem frightening. In addition, this post will show you useful tips on how to save the password so you will not forget it again. Create a security wall around your Orbi WiFi network, to do that, let’s get started!
What to Know About the Default Orbi password
The Orbi Router from Netgear provides very fast and reliable WiFi without dead zones. The default Orbi password is very simple to remember but not secure.
Anyone with a basic knowledge of the Orbi router can gain access to your router and connect to the network.
Check out the features of the default Orbi Router’s password:
- Open the web browser from a PC or mobile device that is connected to the Orbi network.
- Go to the Orbi login page.
- Enter the default Orbi username and password in the username and password provided field.
- Username – admin
- Password – password
- Most of the router manufacturers use admin and password as the default detail combination.
To strengthen the security of your home WiFi network, ensure to change the default Orbi password and username.
How to Change Orbi Router’s Default Password
To change the Orbi default password, you have to sign in to your router and go to the Advanced Settings. Follow the steps below to complete the process:
- Switch on your Orbi router.
- Open a web browser and navigate to orbilogin.com.
- Allow the login window to load properly.
- After getting a prompt, type in the username and password in the required fields.
- Tap on the Login button.
- You will be directed to the basic home page.
- Tap on the Set Password option.
- Input the new username and password for your Orbi WiFi network.
- Finally, click on the Apply button to save the setting changes done.
- That’s it!
- Now you have been able to successfully change the Orbi router password.
How to Recover Orbi Router’s Password
In case you have changed your Orbi default password but you have forgotten the new password that you set and you have no clue about it, simply follow the below-mentioned steps to recover your forgotten password:
- Open any web browser of choice and go to the login page.
- Tap on Forgot Password option.
- Input the necessary details.
- After submitting the details, click on the Reset Password button.
- Then, enter a new password for your network.
- Tap on Submit button to complete the process.
By following the steps, you will be able to recover the forgotten password.
How to Save Your Password So You Never Forget it
The entire family members may know the network password, but notwithstanding, there are still chances that the password might be forgotten if you rarely use it on your Orbi router to log in.
In case no one remembers the password, you need to go for the Orbi factory reset process. After that, you can then connect to the network using the default login details. However, ensure you change the default details (Username and password) by following the steps mentioned above.
To save the new password, follow the steps below:
- Make use of a reliable Password Manager which allows you to create an encrypted vault for your saved passwords.
- However, it’s important to enter a master password to access all the saved passwords. All your data will be saved as long as no other person knows your master password.
- To create a strong and hard-to-guess master password, you should use a combination of numbers, symbols, and alphabets.
How to Change the Orbi Router password and name (SSID) using the Router Web Interface
Follow the steps below to change the Orbi Router password and name using the Router Web interface:
- Set up a web browser from a computer or mobile device connected to your Orbi Router.
- Enter http://orbilogin.com. A login window will be displayed.
- Input the username and password. The username is admin. The default password is password. Note that the username and password are case-sensitive.
- You will be directed to the BASIC Home page.
- Choose Wireless.
- To replace the network name (SSID), enter a new name in the Name (SSID) field.
- To change the password, enter a new password in the Password (Network Key) field.
- Tap on the Apply button.
- Now, your settings are saved.
In case you changed the network name (SSID) or password, you might need to reconnect your devices to your Orbi’s network again.
The steps above should help you change the Orbi router password. The Orbi Router from Netgear provides very fast and reliable WiFi without dead zones.
How to Reset the Netgear Orbi Router To Factory or Default
Follow the steps below to reset the Netgear Orbi router to factory default:
- Switch on the Netgear Orbi router.
- Search for the reset button. Few routers have a tiny hole and others have a reset button instead.
- Long-press on the Factory reset button with a paperclip pin or something that can easily get through the tiny hole, and hold it for about 15 seconds! (till all the lights come on and it flashes)
- The Netgear Orbi router will restart automatically. The unit has been reset and is ready for use.
We discussed explicitely how to fix Orbi router blinking white light in this article, you might want to check it out.
If you have followed this article through from the beginning, I am sure you can now change the Orbi router password without any hassle. Let’s know what you think in the comment section below if you were able to successfully change the Orbi Router password.