Changing your WordPress font is not difficult. But to do it easily, and also in a way that works very well, can be very challenging. But after being forced to change the font of a WordPress site, of recent, I might be able to save you a lot of time and stress.
In this article, I’d be presenting you with a WordPress plugin that works very well, and also happens to be very easy to use. And not only would I presenting you this plugin, but I’d also be discussing everything you need to know about it.
How to Change WordPress Font
To change the font of a WordPress site, you can use a WordPress plugin called Google Fonts Typography. This plugin is one of those available on wordpress.org. In other words, it is one of those you can trust. The plugin has been around for a while, and there are thousands of websites using this plugin.
As of the time of writing this article, the plugin has been tested to work with WordPress versions between v4.0 and v5.4. In other words, most people should be able to use the plugin.
There are a lot of great features the Google Fonts Typography has, and some of them include:
- Live Customizer Preview: This refers to the feature which allows users to see how a selected font affects a site. In other words, when you select a font, you’d instantly see how the new font looks. This makes it very easy to choose a desirable font when using this plugin.
- Supports all Google Fonts: Google Fonts is a library of fonts created by Google. This library contains a lot of great fonts, and you can follow this link, to check them out. And if you’d like to use any of the fonts in this library, be rest assured you can do so with the help of this plugin.
- Works with any WordPress theme: We have a lot of great WordPress plugins out there. But unfortunately, not all of them are compatible with all themes. In other words, some people wouldn’t be able to use some of these great plugins, because of their incompatibility with some themes. But when it comes to the Google Fonts Typography, you wouldn’t have such a problem. No matter what WordPress theme you use, Google Fonts Typography is guaranteed to be compatible with it. So theme compatibility shouldn’t stop you from using this plugin.
- Requires no coding skill: Another important feature of the Google Fonts Typography plugin is that it requires no coding skill, to use it. In other words, anyone, regardless of whether they can code or not, can easily change the font of a WordPress site. All you have to do is to follow the instruction provided, on how to change your WordPress font.
- PHP 7 compatible: PHP 7 compatibility is another cool feature of the Google Fonts Typography. The plugin has undergone extensive testing with PHP 7. So you have nothing to worry about if you run PHP 7. This, however, isn’t to mean the plugin works with only PHP 7. The plugin rather works with all PHP version from 5.4 up to PHP 7.
- Default font size, weight, and color modification: The Google Fonts Typography not only allows its users to change the font of their WordPress site, but the plugin also makes it possible to change the default font size, weight, and color of a site. With this feature supported by the plugin, you wouldn’t have to download another tool for font size and the likes.
The Google Fonts Typography has got a lot of cool features, but it is worthwhile stating that not all of them are free. There are some features of this tool that are premium. So, to take full advantage of the plugin’s capability, you’d have to cough out some amount of money. And we can assure you of the fact that this tool is a tool worth paying for.
In conclusion, if you’d like to change your WP site’s font, without issues, the Google Fonts Typography is arguably one of the best plugins for that. Hardy would you find a good WP setup it doesn’t work with. In other words, compatibility should not be a problem. It is, however, worthwhile stating that this isn’t to mean there aren’t any other plugin capable of changing a WP site’s font. It’s just that there’s hardly any other tool that does this as excellent as the Google Fonts Typography.