If you are frustrated with Hulu not working then check out this article regarding how to fix and restore the Hulu app not working state.
Hulu is an online streaming app that offers endless entertainment, live sports, shows, and movies for its customers. They provide a subscription-based service at an affordable price and incredible services. However, Hulu could be down so don’t always expect a smooth streaming service but this is fixable.
You may experience issues of Hulu not working on your device but this depends on which device you are trying to access it from. Well, we provide the solution to problems you may encounter with your gadgets and home appliances.
Hulu not working issues may range from buffering, connection errors, app freezing, app failing to load or start, stuck on the welcome screen or stuck on a black or blank screen. This issue can also be due to poor internet connection, bugs, and glitches from outdated software as well as cache and cookies from your browser.
Here in this article, we would briefly discuss how to fix Hulu not working on your device.
How to Fix Hulu Not Working
We would take you through general troubleshooting steps that would help you solve the issue of Hulu not working on your device.
Reload Hulu App
When you first experience issues with the Hulu app on your device, first exit the app and close other apps that are running in the background. Then reload the Hulu app. If Hulu not working on your device is a temporary issue this can easily get solved.
Check Your Internet Connection
You can run a speed test on your device on your internet connection or kindly check the network bars. If the Network bars show one or two bars then the internet connection is poor. A poor internet connection would not allow your Hulu app to connect to the internet.
Perform a Power Cycle
First, turn off your device, and wait for a few minutes before you later power it back on. Also if you are connecting your device to the internet via a router or modem you should power cycle your router or modem. Follow these steps to power cycle your modem or router:
- Unplug the modem and router from the power outlet.
- Wait at least 15 seconds.
- Plug back the modem into a power outlet, then wait for at least 2 minutes.
- Power on the router.
- Wait for all panel lights on your cable modem to appear green.
- Then test your internet connection.
- Finally, connect your computer or mobile device to the router to test the internet connection.
However, it’s best practice to move your device nearer to your router or modem, to reduce the number of connected devices.
Update Hulu App
The issues of Hulu not working on your device can be due to bugs. Updating your app to the latest version would fix bugs and glitches with the previous version.
To update your Hulu app, go to your device play store, then search for Hulu in the search bar, if there is an update available then click the update icon.
Update Your Device Firmware
Updating your device firmware would fix bugs and glitches due to your device. You should do this on any of your devices either android, iOS, Laptops, or Smart TV.
Clear Cache and Data Cookies
Cookies are files that are stored by the websites you visit when you are browsing the internet. This way they help you save browsing data as the cache file will help you to remember the features of the website such as pages, and images the next time you visit the website. They ensure that the websites load faster.
Almost all browsers store cache and cookies. Clearing these stored caches and cookies on your browser would help to fix these problems including loading speed on websites that you visit.
You should clear your browser cache regularly to help with stability and performance when watching on Hulu.
If you are browsing through Google Chrome either on your Mac or Windows device follow these steps:
- Navigate to the top right corner, and click more (depending on your browser it is depicted by three vertical dots or an arrow icon pointing up).
- Click more tools.
- Select clear browsing data.
- If it asks to select a time range. Select all time to delete everything.
- Make sure the boxes for cookies and other site data and cached images and files are all checked.
- Click Clear data.
If you are browsing with an edge through windows:
- Navigate and click the Hub icon (depicted by a star with three horizontal lines)
- Select history in the left panel.
- Select clear history.
- Ensure the boxes for cookies and saved website data and cached data and files are checked, you can leave other boxes unchecked.
- Finally, click Clear
If you are browsing through the Firefox browser with a Mac device:
- Navigate and select the history menu at the top of the screen.
- Then select clear recent history.
- Select everything in the drop-down to clear the time range.
- Ensure you check off the Cache box, you can leave others unchecked.
- Click clear now to confirm.
- Now restart or refresh Firefox
If you are browsing through the Firefox browser with a Windows device:
- Click the Firefox menu at the top right corner.
- Now select history.
- Select clear recent history.
- Select Everything In the drop-down to clear the time range.
- Ensure you check the Cache box, you can leave others unchecked.
- Then click clear now.
- Finally, restart or refresh the Firefox browser.
If you are browsing through Safari with a Mac device:
- Click Safari in the menu bar.
- Select preferences.
- Select the Privacy tab.
- Choose the manage website Data.
- Select remove all.
- Finally, select remove now to confirm.
Deactivate and Reactivate Your Device
You can remove the device directly from your account page, reactivate the device then launch Hulu again to see if this help fixes this issue.
Uninstall and Reinstall Hulu
You can uninstall and reinstall your Hulu app to reduce any streaming issues such as buffering, connection errors, app freezing, or the Hulu app failing to load.
Why is Hulu Suddenly Not Working
The two main reasons why Hulu may suddenly stop working on your device are internet connection problems and software-related issues. If the issue is with the internet connection you should check your router/modem.
To ensure you have a strong internet connection:
- Make sure your device is nearer to the modem or router.
- Reduce the number of connected devices. The more people that are connected to your device, the poorer the network connection.
- Power cycle your router or modem.
- Change your WIFI frequency. Ensure you are connecting your device from the same frequency band. Most devices are connected on 2.4 GHz.
If the issue is software related:
- Update the Hulu app to the latest version.
- Update your browser to the latest version.
- Update your device to the latest version.
Why is Hulu Not Working on My Computer
If Hulu is not working on your browser, take the steps below to help you fix these issues:
First, perform a power cycle:
- Turn off your computer
- Remove the power cable of your computer, as well as the modem or router.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- Then turn the power back on.
Secondly, clear the browser cache:
Clearing cache data from your computer removes temporary files and also helps to free up space. The step to take would depend on the browser you are using.
Why is Hulu Not Working on My Mac
When you are experiencing issues with Hulu on your Mac device. There are two things that can lead to Hulu not working on your Mac device.
First, your browser may not be recently updated and secondly, the Hulu web app’s cache files may not be properly saved within the browser.
To update your browser: For Safari:
- Check System Preferences
- Software Update, since Safari is part of macOS.
In conclusion, Hulu not working depends on the device and browser you are using. But generally, Hulu regularly updates the version of their app on both the android and iOS Playstore.