It’s so convenient controlling your Smart TV with the remote while relaxing on a couch from a distance. However, this enjoyment can be cut short when your Xfinity remote won’t work or stopped working suddenly. Have you checked if the problem is battery related? If not, check and replace the batteries if they are low and try again. This article will guide you through the simple ways how to fix the Xfinity remote not working.
Why my Xfinity remote not working issue is a common problem most Xfinity TV users experience. You can simply tap a button on the remote, if the LED does not flash any light, then it’s time to replace the batteries and try again. However, if the LED flashes red five times while pressing any button, then this is an indication that the batteries are too low and should be replaced immediately.
In case the buttons are still not responsive, you can try the following fixes listed in this post for a permanent solution you can try yourself. Solve the issue of my Xfinity remote stopped working here. Read on!
Why is my Xfinity Remote not Working?
It’s very essential to detect the main reason why your Xfinity remote won’t work or stopped working. Knowing the reason why your Xfinity remote is not working will enable you to find a lasting solution to the problem so it can be fixed.
Xfinity remote control not working or that won’t control your TV usually means low batteries. Ensure you are pointing the remote directly at the TV. Something may be interfering with the signal like other electronics, specific types of lighting, or something might be blocking the TV remote sensor. Ensure you check all these possible reasons that may cause your Xfinity Remote, not working issues.
What to do when your Xfinity remote stops working?
Here are simple fixes to try when your Xfinity remote stops working and won’t work. Try the following:
- The first thing is to check the batteries of the remote.
- Lift the back cover of the remote and put it away from the remote.
- Remove and insert the 2 batteries again.
- Place the back cover of the remote back, and slide it down firmly in place.
- In case your Xfinity remote fails to respond properly after this, then there’s a need for replacement with a new set of batteries from the existing ones.
Xfinity Remote Codes
Using Xfinity remote codes and Comcast remote codes to program your TV involves easy step-by-step instructions. With the Xfinity remote setup, you can easily set up any TV, DVD, Blu-ray, and audio-video receiver to work with the Xfinity remote.
Before you start to program your Xfinity remote, ensure to note down the codes for your TV brand from the most popular brand and be conversant with the Xfinity codes. Here are some common Xfinity remote codes below:
- Haier 11034, 10178, 11265, 10768 & 11009
- Hitachi 11145, 10145, 12243, 12143, 11904, 11345& 11960
- LG 10178, 11265
- Panasonic 10051, 10250
- Philips 11454, 10054, 10037, 10690 & 11483
- Samsung 10812, 10060
- Sansui 10463, 11409, 11904, 11911 & 11935
- Sanyo 10154, 10159
- Sharp 10093, 10165
- Sony 10000, 11100
- Toshiba 10156, 11156
- Vizio 11758, 11756
How to Find 3 Digit Code for my Comcast Remote?
Here’s how to find 3 digit code for your Comcast remote, follow the steps below:
- Long-press on the Setup button (for about 3 seconds) till the Status LED changes from red to green.
- Tap on the XFINITY button.
- Then, follow the on-screen instructions to enter the 3-digit code that will be displayed.
In case you can’t find the code that works for your specific TV after following the steps above, try the following:
- Long-press on the Setup button on the remote till the LED at the top of the remote changes from red to green.
- Tap 9-9-1 concurrently on the remote. The LED should flash green 2 times.
- Tap on the CH ^ button multiple times till the TV turns off.
- Once the TV is off, tap Setup.
- Now, press the TV Power button on the remote.
- If the TV turns on, then you have successfully programmed your remote to control your TV seamlessly.
- That’s it!
Xfinity Remote Code 5 digit
The five-digit code corresponding to your Audio/Video receiver should be imputed. The codes are 31518, and 31308. Once the code you entered is correct and valid, then the green light will blink twice, but if it is invalid, the LED light will blink red.
How to Program your Xfinity Remote
Here’s the full step-by-step process on how to program your Xfinity remote, follow the steps below:
Recommended: Troubleshoot Xfinity Router
- Power on your TV and set-top box.
- Tap the Setup button on your remote till the LED at the top of the remote changes from red to green.
- Input the universal remote code from the TV codes lookup tool via the number buttons on the remote.
- The LED should flash green 2 times once the code has been entered.
- Tap the TV Power button on the Xfinity remote.
- If the TV turns off, it means you have successfully programmed your Xfinity remote to control your TV.
- That’s it! The process is quite straightforward.
How to Program your remote using the RF pairing
In case you want to program your Xfinity remote using the RF pairing, here’s how to go about it, follow the steps below:
- Insert the remote control batteries and ensure your TV and set-top box are turned on.
- Long-press on the “Setup” button till the LED at the top of the remote changes from red to green.
- Tap on the Xfinity button.
- Enter the 3-digit/4-digit or 5-digit code displayed on your screen using the number buttons.
- Program your Xfinity remote using a code.
- You can find additional codes in the remote manual.
Once you enter the code correctly, the status LED will flash green twice. However, if the status LED blinks red, then the code was not entered correctly. Ensure that you entered the correct code properly and try again.
Now, you can use the remote to control and operate your TV without any hassle (use Power, VOL, etc.).
If the steps above don’t program your Xfinity remote, you can try another 4-digit or 5-digit code and repeat the above.
Xfinity Remote App
You can use the Xfinity TV Remote app to search or browse for live TV and Xfinity On Demand content and also select your favorite programs to watch on your TV.
In case you have Xfinity X1, you can speak commands into the app just as you would with your Voice Remote, and make use of the directional pad (up, down, left, and right) and the number buttons.
To download the Xfinity TV Remote app, go to the iTunes App Store on your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch. For Android users, you can download the Xfinity remote app from Google Play. Choose the Xfinity TV Remote app on your device and select Get Started to enjoy unlimited comfort with your Xfinity remote. Fix Xfinity remote not working.
Xfinity Voice Remote Commands
The Xfinity voice remote commands can be used for so many functions such as searching for shows, voice control to change channels, getting recommendations, and many more.
The A key is on an Xfinity voice remote means Help by default, the B key is Day-, while the C key is Day+ and finally, the D key is Descriptive Video Service (DVS) on/off. You can simply set these buttons to replay by going to Xfinity On Demand, skipping 24 hours in the On-Screen Guide, and more.
How do I use Comcast Voice Remote?
You can use the Comcast voice remote by following the steps below:
- Navigate to the Remote Settings menu.
- Long-press on the Voice (Microphone) button and say “Remote settings”.
- Select the “Voice remote pairing” option.
- Follow the instructions on the TV to choose your TV and audio devices.
- That’s how to use the Comcast Voice remote.
You will be able to fix the Xfinity remote not working in this post.
Xfinity Voice Remote not Working
Check for the common reasons first like low batteries, the remote not pointing directly to the TV, interference with strange signals, or some type of objects obstructing the remote sensor, and fix these first.
In case the buttons on your Voice Remote (XR15) are still not responding, then, you may need to perform a factory reset. Do a factory reset by long-pressing on the A (triangle) and D (diamond) buttons concurrently for about three seconds till the status light changes from red to green. Finally, press 9-8-1.
You can as well fix the Xfinity voice remote not working by simply pairing the remote without a Setup button. Follow the steps below:
- Ensure you set the TV input to the input connected to the Xfinity TV Box.
- Long-press on the Xfinity and Info buttons at the same time for 5 seconds.
- Wait for a few seconds for the Voice Remote light to change from red to green.
- Then, follow the instructions by entering the three-digit, on-screen pairing code displayed.
- That’s it!
You have successfully fixed the Xfinity remote not working problem here.
How to fix Xfinity Remote Volume not Working
Is your Xfinity remote volume not working and you have checked whether your batteries are low or not? In case your batteries are not low but the remote volume won’t still work, you can try unpairing and repairing your remote or resetting both the remote and TV box.
Once you are certain that there aren’t any hardware defects on the Xfinity remote, you can go ahead to contact Xfinity customer care or replace your device.
Here’s an alternate way to fix Xfinity remote volume that won’t work. Follow the steps below:
- First pair your Voice Remote with your Xfinity TV Box.
- Direct your remote to the TV Box (Ensure you have a clear line of sight).
- Tap the A button on your remote.
- Select the Remote Setup on your TV.
- You will be asked, “Do you want to use your remote to control your TV power and volume”?
- Make sure you choose “Yes”.
You have successfully fixed the volume of the Xfinity remote not working.
How do I pair my Xfinity remote?
Pairing your Xfinity remote involves a straightforward process. Start by opening the Xfinity My Account app on your Apple or Android mobile device, and follow the steps below:
- Click on the TV icon, select your TV Box, and then choose Setup a remote.
- Swipe to search for the remote control model you need to program, and click on Continue.
- Choose TV or Audio/Other, and follow the programming instructions.
You have successfully paired your Xfinity remote.
How to Unpair Xfinity Remote
In case after pairing your Xfinity remote, you discovered that you need to unpair the remote, here’s how to unpair the Xfinity remote. Follow the steps below:
- In case the remote control does not have a Quick Settings button, press the HOME button on the remote instead.
- Select Settings.
Once the device information of the remote has been displayed, use the following procedure to unpair.
- Choose the device information of the remote control.
- Click on Unpair.
- Finally, select OK.
That’s it! You have successfully unpaired the Xfinity remote.
Why is my Xfinity remote flashing red?
Xfinity remote flashing red is the most frequently encountered issue for Xfinity users. The red light indicates any of the following; it’s either the remote is out of range, the battery is low/weak, or there are some other problems with the device.
Sounds simple, right? Well, you will be surprised how often this gets overlooked. Weak or dying batteries can also make your remote not respond and start blinking red instead. Once the batteries do not have enough charge, your remote would simply stop working properly.
Why won’t my Xfinity remote change channels?
If your Xfinity remote won’t change channels or suddenly stopped changing channels, check out the following:
- Ensure that the batteries in the remote are not low or dead.
- In case the batteries are low, the remote may not change the channels on your TV as you want it.
- Check for any possible connectivity issues with your Xfinity remote.
- Also, check for the compatibility state of the remote with the set-top box.
- If the above does not fix it, then try replacing the batteries of your Xfinity remote.
That’s it! You have successfully fixed the Xfinity remote not working.
Why is my Xfinity stuck on one channel?
If your Xfinity is stuck on one channel and it won’t change to a different channel, then the most common fix is to reset the Xfinity TV that is stuck in one channel. Follow the steps below to fix Xfinity stuck in one channel issue:
- Long-press on the power button for at least 30 seconds.
- Connect it back again after 10 mins.
- Long-press on the power button again and wait for a few seconds when the TV finally turns off.
- That’s it!
Why is my Xfinity Remote Flashing Green then Red?
Are you new to the Xfinity remote and you are wondering why it’s flashing green then red later? Do not worry! The green light changing to red on the Xfinity remote could simply mean two things, either that the set-top box paired with your Xfinity remote is not turned on or that it may be out of range. To fix this, follow the steps below:
- Turn on the Xfinity remote.
- Ensure that the remote is within 50 feet of the set-top box.
- That’s it! Simple, right?
How to fix Xfinity Remote not Working
There are various ways to fix Xfinity remote not working from battery replacement, cleaning the remote buttons, removing obstacles blocking IR signals, and Confirming the remote’s IR sensor is working to factory resetting the remote itself. However, follow the steps below to fix the Xfinity remote not working:
- Long-press on the Xfinity and Info buttons concurrently for about 5 seconds.
- Wait for the Voice Remote light to change from red to green.
- Follow the on-screen instructions by imputing the three-digit, on-screen pairing code.
- After the on-screen pairing code has been entered correctly, your Xfinity remote will begin to s paired with the TV Box.
In case none of the above worked for you, you can go ahead to contact Xfinity support for a replacement.
How do I Reset an Xfinity remote?
Here’s how to factory reset the Xfinity Remote with a Setup Button. Follow the simple steps below:
- Long-press on the Setup button.
- The color of the LED on the remote will change from green to red in about 5 seconds.
- Tap 9-8-1 concurrently.
- The LED will blink twice in green colour.
Now, you have successfully reset your Xfinity remote.
How do I Unfreeze my TV Remote?
Did you just discover that your Xfinity remote suddenly froze, like no matter the buttons you press on the remote, it won’t just respond? You can try unfreezing your TV remote by resetting it. Follow the steps below:
- Open the battery compartment cover to remove the batteries.
- Long-press on the Power button for about three seconds.
- Place the batteries in again and close the battery compartment cover.
- That’s it! Although it’s very simple you will be amazed that it solves Xfinity remote not working problem.
I am sure this article has solved the majority of your Xfinity remote not working issues. Feel free to drop your comments in the section below and state the exact fix that solved your issue. Thanks for reading thus far.