With the tips here, you can get rid of Instagram reels with ease; all you need to do is apply the information in this article.
In many ways, Instagram Reels is an alternative to the hugely controversial and hugely popular short video sharing app, TikTok. Unsurprisingly, Instagram is doing its best to promote Reels by integrating it with Instagram Explore and forcing everyone to “enjoy” those 15-second video clips.
However, if you’re one of the many people who aren’t particularly fond of reels, you’ll be delighted with the solutions listed below. So without further ado, let’s see how to minimize Instagram reel exposure before the end of this article.
Since TikTok was banned in India, many apps have replaced the viral video app. Instagram is the biggest of these since the launch of Instagram Reels in an app that is already in use. However, if you weren’t a TikTok fan, we doubt you would like Reels, too.
In this article, we’re going to give you an overview of Instagram’s new feature, Reels. It also tells you how to delete downloaded videos from Reels.
How to Get Rid of Instagram Reels from Explore/Discover?
Instagram Explore is the perfect place to connect with people outside of your own bubble. You can meet fascinating creators, photographers, life coaches, and even watch funny videos if you want. For better or worse, the Explore tab (also known as Discover) is now the hotspot for reels promoting the latest Instagram offering.
Unfortunately, there is no way to get rid of the reels while browsing through the mobile app – Android and iOS. However, if you’re really desperate, you can use a PC or mobile browser to browse Instagram.com, which is still free of Instagram Reels.
How to Reels on Instagram?
If you are not impressed with a reel you’ve created, or suddenly you no longer need it, you can permanently delete it. Once removed, your reel will not appear on Instagram Explore, and you will have no chance of being part of the featured clips.
- To delete a reel, first, log in to your Instagram account using the mobile app and go to the Reels tab.
- Then tap the reels you want to delete. There you press the vertical ellipse key.
- Now press “Delete.”
- And confirm this by clicking “Delete” again.
Here! Your reel would no longer exist on Instagram.
How to Hide Reels of a Specific Type?
Do you have similar annoying reels? You can hide them with just a few clicks.
- Sign in to your Instagram account and go to the “Explore” tab.
- Now tap on the video that you want to hide. Press the vertical ellipse button.
- Now tap on “Hide.”
- Once you do, you will get a message titled, “This message has been hidden. We will show fewer messages like this from now on.”
You can cancel the action by clicking “Undo/Cancel.”
How to Watch Instagram Explore Without Reels
If you want to browse Instagram without rollers in your way, there is always away. While Instagram didn’t give us a nuclear option to completely turn off reels, luckily, the functionality is currently limited to the mobile app only (as of August 7, 2020).
To view non-reels Instagram posts, visit Instagram.com on your Chrome or another browser app on your mobile device or PC.
How to Disable of Instagram Reels
You can find a way to turn off Instagram reels.
- Check out these techniques to stay away from Instagram reels.
- Log into your Instagram account using any browser. You can do this in any cellular browser or desktop browser apps like Safari, Google Chrome, or Firefox.
- If you browse Instagram in a browser, you will find that the reels movies are not showing up on the browse tab.
- Even if you visit an Instagram profile, you may see that the reels tab is out of date. If you are unable to use Instagram with your phone or computer browser, this is the only way to stay away from Reels for the time being.
How to Delete Instagram Reels
Only in the situation, if not instead of Instagram Reels and you like the new feature, can you go ahead and write as much to your IG account.
Follow these steps to understand how to remove Instagram reels.
- Open Instagram and go to your profile.
- Go to the “Reels ” tab and select the video that you want to remove.
- Open the movie> tap the 3-dot icon> tap Delete.
With this straightforward process, you can remove Instagram reels from your profile.
In light of the fact that TikTok has been banned in India, several apps have been used at all times to change the app from a viral music video. Instagram is the most famous of these since Instagram Reels were introduced in an app that is currently in use.
That being said, if you’re not a fan of TikTok, we doubt you’ll enjoy both reels. In this short article, we recommend that you bypass Instagram’s new look, the reels. We’ll also explain how to remove uploaded videos from Reels.