Zoom is a popular app to hold meetings at your own convenience across the globe. You can hold a meeting with a maximum of 3 participants on a free Zoom account, schedule meetings, and share screen using the meeting ID to share with a zoom room. However, another hidden feature that attracts less attention is the feature to record meetings on Zoom and save it on your local computer.
When the feature to record Zoom screen while the meeting is going on is a unique feature other conference call apps lack. With this feature, you will be able to go over the entire meeting video all alone to pick what is important after the meeting has come to an end.
Zoom offers a straight 40 minutes meeting with 3 participants on a free account. A lot can be achieved within 40 minutes. Although, all participants can rejoin the meeting after 40 minutes and continue from the meeting spends.
However, whether you are a free user or a premium user on the Zoom app you can set the app to record meetings automatically to your local computer.
How to Record Meetings on Zoom App
To set your zoom app to record and save all meetings that took place on the app kindly for the steps I share below.
- Launch the Zoom app on your phone.
- Click on “Meetings” to the navigation pane.
- Click on the “Edit” button.
- Scroll down to “Automatically record meeting” and toggle it.
- Record location will appear as “Local computer”.
While the meeting is going on, the Zoom app may stop recording the meeting if there is no enough space on your phone. Therefore, check to see that you have enough storage space on your space so as not to stop the Zoom app from recording while the meeting is going on.
How to Record Zoom Meetings on the Web
Zoom web offers two storage sources to choose from. Your recorded meetings Zoom web can be stored on the cloud or on your local computer depending on your choice.
- Go to zoom.us on your web browser.
- Click on the “Settings” tab to the left pane.
- Go to Automatic recording and toggle the button before it
For transparency, you can show the video record disclaimer to your participant to let them know that you are recording the meeting for reference purposes. To do this, toggle show record disclaimer to participants under the “automatic recording” option.
How to Record Zoom Meetings on Desktop
Zoom for desktop settings comes in a handy way to record and share your Zoom screen. The desktop version offers the simplest way to record all meetings and save them on all your computer.
- Launch the “Zoom desktop app”.
- Sign in to your Zoom account using your login.
- Start meeting or join from schedule meetings.
- Click on the “Record” button to “ALT +R” shortcut on your keyboard.
- The recording button will be active and located on the top-right of the screen.
- To save video click on “End meeting” and the video will be converted to MP4.
- Give your video a name.
- Click on the “Save button”.