If you have a long and complicated WiFi password which you will like to share with your guests, then the best way is to share it using your smartphone. This option is way better than having to reveal your password to every guest who could be risky sometimes. We will show you how to share WiFi password from Android to iPhone or any other smartphone instantly.
How to Share your WiFi Password from Android to iPhone
To share WiFi passwords between smartphones requires the use of a QR code. This allows you to connect directly to a WiFi using your smartphone camera. In the guide below, we will show you how to generate this QR code and how to connect to it with an Android or iOS device.
Share Password from Android to iPhone Using QR Code.
- You will first need to connect your Android device to the WiFi network you will like to share.
- Then, go to your phone’s settings and navigate to WiFi.
- Select the WiFi network you are connected to.
If you see a QR code on the screen, you can easily scan it using the other device to share the password. If not, select the Share option, then share the QR code which you can scan using the other device.
- To begin with, you can download any QR code generator on your device.
- In the Content-Type menu, select WiFi and then select the network type.
- You will be asked to provide your WiFi network name/SSID and password.
- Then select Generate.
- The app will then create a QR code that you can easily share with your friends. To share with an iPhone, just open the camera of the iPhone and let it scan the code. Afterward, your iPhone will connect to the network.
How to Use your Android as WiFi Repeater
You might have noticed that your Android phone can either work as a WiFi receiver or a WiFi hotspot, but not both. However, we are going to show you that your device can receive and transmit WiFi signals at the same time.
This is the best option to adopt if you are not willing to share your WiFi password with a guest. There numerous apps like NetShare and fqrouter2 that will allow you to connect to a WiFi network and use your phone as a repeater with a temporary SSID and password. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Connect your Android device to the network you want to share.
- Then install the NetShare app from Google Play Store.
- Launch the application and select Start WiFi Hotspot.
- On the iPhone, go to its WiFi settings to connect using the credentials on the Netshare app.
- Once connected, select the ‘i’ icon, which you’ll see on the WiFi network.
- Then scroll to the bottom and select Configure Proxy.
- You can select Manual then provide the server IP and port as in the Android app.
- Click Save.
Afterward, you will see that your Android device is connected to your home router, and it repeats the signal with a temporary SSID. This allows the guest to uses your network and still get the benefits of using the home WiFi without you having to risk your WiFi password. Although, some smartphone brands like Huawei come with inbuilt features that allow you to extend your WiFi network using just your smartphone. This means that you will not need to download any application to achieve this.
Share WiFi Password from iPhone to iPhone.
While sharing the WiFi password from an Android device to an iPhone is a little complicated and takes some time, sharing the WiFi password from iPhone to iPhone is relatively easy and can be achieved in a few steps. To do this, you will not need the help of any other third party applications. Follow our guide below to share WiFi passwords form iPhone to iPhone quickly.
- Start by connecting your iPhone, the WiFi network you will like to share.
- Then, ensure that your WiFi and Bluetooth are enabled on the two iPhones.
- On the iPhone sharing the network, open its settings and go to WiFi, then select the network.
- On the iPhone receiving the password, follow the step above and then choose the same WiFi network from the discovered list.
- Then the connected iPhone will get a prompt to share the password. Just select Share Password.
- Afterward, the other iPhone will be automatically connected to the WiFi network.
Unlike Android devices, the WiFi password sharing from iPhone to iPhone is straightforward and does not require the use of QR codes or any other additional setups. It can also be done faster, and it is less complicated.
You should also read on the best WiFi extender for your home here.
Now, you can easily share passwords from Android devices to iOS devices and also, from iOS devices to other iOS devices. If you have any challenges following our guide above, let us know in the comments section below.