The Facebook app will consume your data fast if the autoplay feature is turned on. The Facebook autoplay feature play videos on your Facebook feeds automatically. So, you’d need to stop the video from playing manually or scroll past the video to stop the autoplay. However, there is a stop Facebook autoplay video. So, in this article, you will learn how to turn autoplay off on Facebook.
The more Facebook is becoming engaging the more is pissing users off because it wants people to spend more time by playing video feeds automatically. While users can turn off Facebook autoplay video in the app or web settings, only a few can achieve that.
Meanwhile, when you stop the Facebook autoplay video you can manually click on the play button to play the Facebook video; that is only if you wish to play the video.
Therefore, if the Facebook autoplay video is annoying, we will walk through how to stop autoplay on Facebook in this article.
Note: The method you are about to read on Facebook autoplay on Android still works perfectly as at the time of publishing this article.
How to Turn Autoplay Off on Facebook
Even though how to turn off video autoplay on Facebook is simple and straightforward you need to exercise the process on all your devices. If you are using an Android or iPhone you’d need to follow different steps to stop your Facebook feed video from playing itself.
So, here we will discuss in separate headings how to turn off Facebook autoplay for Android and iOS [iPhone].
How to Turn Off Autoplay Videos on Facebook Android 2022
Facebook settings have changed over the year thereby requesting different methods to turn off autoplay Facebook videos. With this update, you will learn how to turn off autopsy videos on Facebook Android app.
- Lunch the “Facebook” app on your “Android.”
- Click on the “Profile Picture” at the top right.
- Click on “Settings & Privacy.”
- Click on “Settings.”
- Scroll down to “Preference” and click on “Media.”
- Scroll to “Autoplay” and check “Never Autoplay Videos.”
Henceforth, your Facebook app will stop Facebook autoplay. You will then need to click on the video play button to play the video.
How to Turn Off Autoplay on Facebook
Since the Facebook app for iPhone settings is different from Android then the steps to stop Facebook autoplay video will definitely be different. Therefore, by following the steps below you will learn how to turn off autoplay on Facebook iPhone.
- Launch the Facebook app on your iPhone.
- Tap on your “Profile” icon at the bottom left.
- Click “Settings & Privacy.”
- Tap on “Settings.”
- Click on “Media” under “Preferences.”
- Choose “Never autoplay videos.”
With the steps above you will be able to stop Facebook autoplay videos activity on your iPhone. However, you can play around with the videos and photos settings and choose a data saver to save your data while playing videos on the Facebook app.
How to Stop Facebook Autoplay Videos
Since the Facebook app setup for iPhone and iPad are not the same then it is worth considering how to stop Facebook autoplay videos on your iPad. Therefore, we will consider how to turn off Facebook video autoplay on iPad.
- Launch the “Facebook” app on your iPad.
- Click on the three lines and the bottom right.
- Select “Privacy & Settings.”
- Choose “Settings.”
- Select “Media” under “Preferences.”
- Click on “Autoplay” when you scroll down.
- Select “Never Autoplay Videos.”
Now, hit the back button multiple times until you are back to the homepage or refresh the Facebook app and the app will stop auto-playing Facebook videos on your Facebook feed henceforth on your iPad.
How to Stop Autoplay on Facebook
By following the step below you will understand the steps to take regarding how to stop autoplay on Facebook when using the Facebook mobile app.
- Sign in to your Facebook account on the web (web.facebook.com).
- Click on your “Profile” icon at the top right.
- Click on “Settings & Privacy” from the drop menu.
- Select “Settings” from the new menu.
- Click on “Videos” on the left menu at the bottom.
- Click on the drop menu beside “Autoplay Videos” and select “Off.”
When next you open your Facebook account on the web the Facebook video autoplay would have been disabled.