What is Facebook video autoplay and how do you stop it? Here in this article, we will discuss how to turn off autoplay Facebook videos on Android, iOS [iPhone] and PC. However, once the Facebook video autoplay is turned off Facebook will no longer play videos on your Facebook automatically. This implies that; to play Facebook videos on your timeline or feed you’ll need to click on the video and click on the play button to play the video.
If that is fine by you, then, proceed with this article to learn how to turn autoplay off on Facebook on your iPhone, Android and computer.
What is Facebook Video Autoplay?
The Facebook video autoplay feature is a feature to play Facebook videos automatically once users scroll through the video. The feature autoplay videos on Facebook even when you don’t want the video to be played. However, you can pause the Facebook video if you are not interested in it. But, Facebook also allows users to either turn off the autoplay Facebook videos feature or set the feature to play videos only when your device is connected to WiFi.
Recommended: How to Turn Autoplay Off on Facebook
How to Turn Off Autoplay Facebook Videos
In this article, we will discuss how to turn off autoplay Facebook videos on:
How to Turn off Video Autoplay Facebook on Android
By following the steps below you will learn how to turn off video autoplay Facebook on your Android phone.
- Launch the “Facebook” app on your Android.
- Tap on your “Profile” icon at the top right.
- Click on the “Settings” gear icon.
- Scroll down to “Preferences” and click on “Media.”
- Scroll to “Autoplay” and check “Never Autoplay Videos.”
- To autoplay videos on WiFi check “On WiFi Only.”
With the steps above you’ve turned off the Facebook videos autoplay feature on your Android OS device.
How to Turn Autoplay Off on Facebook on iPhone
With the steps below on your iPhone, you will be able to turn autoplay off on Facebook app.
- Launch the “Facebook” iOS app on your iPhone.
- Tap on your “Profile” icon at the bottom right.
- Click on “Settings & Privacy” >> Settings.”
- Click on “Media” under the “Preferences” option.
- Scroll to “Autoplay” and choose “Never autoplay videos.”
You can choose “On Wi-Fi only” to autoplay videos on your Facebook account when you are connected to Fi-Fi.
How to Stop Autoplay Facebook Videos on PC
Facebook provides an easy and straightforward approach to stop autoplay videos on the platform. So, by following the steps below you will learn how to stop autoplay Facebook autoplay videos on your PC.
- Go to web.facebook.com on your web browser.
- Click on your “Profile Picture” at the top right.
- Click on Settings & Privacy >> Settings.
- Click on “Videos” on the left pane.
- Click on the drop menu on “Autoplay” and choose “Off.”
You can also choose to autoplay your Facebook videos on WiFi on your PC. However, to autoplay Facebook videos on a PC you’d need to choose “WiFi” on the autoplay menu.