Amazon doesn’t make it easy to cancel membership subscription directly from primevideo.com website for a non-techie. This means that, if you subscribe to Amazon Prime free trial you will be charged $5.99 monthly fee to keep using the service.
And since there is no direct tap to cancel Amazon Prime membership on prime video I will direct you to an alternative method that can be used to relinquish your loyalty to using Amazon Prime after the free trial has expired.
When you want to cancel Amazon Prime membership you would technically prefer an option to opt-out of the Amazon Prime free trial and restart your membership subscription when you fee there is a need to do that.
However, in a situation where the option to cancel the Amazon Prime membership as well as the free trial is hidden then you are left with no option than to pau to start using the service.
Meanwhile, start Amazon Prime membership free trial for 30 days doesn’t require a whole bunch of registration. As a matter of fact, I started my Amazon Prime membership free trial on my Android TV box without full registration.
If you have been wandering around on how to cancel Amazon Prime membership free trial or you want to relinquish your loyalty to the Amazon streaming platform here is a guide for you.
Note: We rely on the information Amazon provided when you subscribed to the Amazon Prime Videobfree trial in this article. For this to work as expected, you must be able to find the official Amazon Prime welcome email.
We will also consider another method that can be used to cancel the Amazon Prime Video membership free trial in case you have deleted the Mazon Prime Video welcome message and also deleted it from your trash box.
If you don’t want Amazon to charge you for Amazon Prime Video membership due to the free trial you must end your membership before the free trial ends. Otherwise, you will need to request a refund which might take up to 30 days to be processed.
How to Cancel Amazon Prime Membership
Follow the procedures below to end your Amazon Prime video membership free trial following the welcome email Amazon Prime sent to you after free trial registration.
- Open the email Amazon Prime Video sent to you to start your free trial. Scroll down the message and tap on “Your Account.” Log in to your Amazon Prime Video account if you are told to do so.
- While on Amazon Prime Video you will see information like Amazon Prime Video monthly fee, payment method, end membership, next billing date, and other information related to your Amazon Prime Video account history. And now, you need to tap on “End Membership.”
- On the “Prime Video account new interface, you will see two options which are: Keep membership and end membership on the due date. Tap on end membership on the due date.
- At this point, your Amazon Prime Video free trial or monthly membership subscription will be stopped. Meanwhile, you can restart the membership subscription at any time in your Amazon Prime Video account by clicking on it.
Don’t Miss: How to Activate Amazon.com/mytv
How to Cancel Amazon Prime Video Website
This is by far the easiest approach you want to follow. There is no need to find the official welcome email to start your Prime Video membership free trial. It’s quite easy with this approach.
- Go to Primevideo.com on your web browser. I will advise you do this on a web browser over a mobile app [Android or iPhone].
- Tap “Sign in” to the top right and sign in to your Amazon Prime Video account with the registered email and password.
- Tap “Profile” icon >> Account & Settings.”
- Tap on “End Membership” to the right of the screen.
- Tap end membership on the next billing date to cancel your Amazon Prime Video membership.
How to Cancel Amazon Prime on App
The fast approach to cancelling Amazon Prime Video membership is using the official mobile app for Android and iPhone.
- Launch the Prime Video app on your phone [Android or iPhone].
- Sign in to your account with your email/phone number and password.
- Tap on “My Stuff” to the bottom right
- Tap on the geat “Settings” icon to the top right.
- Tap “Manage Account” to access membership information and payment methods.
- Tap on “End Membership” on your detail page.
- You will see “do you want to end your membership.” Tap on the “End” button.
We believe that this article has helped you to cancel your Amazon Prime Video free trial or membership if you didn’t subscribe via the official Amazon Prime Video account with 30 days free trial. This article is best for those that subscribed to Prime Video membership on a smart TV or Android TV box.