History is one of our favorite streaming channels. We discussed it in this article. However, we discover that how to activate History on Roku request is sketchy, so we decided to share with you how to add the History app to your Roku device and activate the History app on the device to stream your favorite events or programs or episodes on the Roku TV or Roku stick or device.
The process to activate History on Roku TV or device in this article will lead you to use the History channel app on your Roku device without using a cable.
However, to activate the History channel on Roku requires the History Roku activation code [for history.com/activate/roku], TV provider [History supports 15 network providers], and the process we are going to share with you in this guide.
With these basic requirements, you will be able to activate and watch the History channel on Roku without using a cable online.
Note: The History streaming channel will be disconnected once the TV provider’s network disconnected your account.
So, to keep using and watching History on Roku you must keep your TV provider subscription active.
History Channel Supported TV Providers
These are the TV providers that help users to watch History channels on Roku and other supported streaming devices online without using a cable.
- Altice One
- AT&T U-verse
- DirecTV Stream
Add History App on Roku
Follow the steps below to learn how to download and add the History app to your Roku device.
- Press your Roku remote home button to return to the Roku device home screen.
- Highlight “Roku Channel Store” and press the “OK” button to select it.
- Go to the “Movies & TV section” and search for “History.”
- Select the “History” app to download and add the history app to your Roku channel.
- Once the downloading is completed a pop-up will appear that you have successfully added the History app to your Roku channel.
Now, you are ready to activate the History app on the Roku device.
How to Activate History on Roku
Follow the steps below to activate the History app on your Roku TV or Roku streaming device.
- Go to “My Channel” on your Roku streaming device.
- Navigate to the “History” app and press the “OK” button on the remote to launch or open it. If you haven’t downloaded and installed the History app on your Roku device kindly follow the steps above.
- Select “Sign In” and choose “TV Provider.”
- Take note of the History app activation code and the activation link https://history.com/activate.
- Visit https://history.com/activate on your phone or PC browser.
- Under “Select your device” chooses “Roku.”
- Go to select your TV Provider from the new expansion. If your TV provider’s name is missing, select Providers and select the name of the provider from the pop-up.
- Enter the History app activation code displayed on your TV screen.
- Click on the “Continue” button.
- A new page will open for you to verify your TV provider’s account. Enter your TV provider’s account username and password and click on the sign-in tab.
Once History has confirmed your TV provider’s detail you will see a confirmation message that you have successfully activated the History app on your [Roku] device.
And instantly, the History app screen with the activation code and history.com/activate/roku will refresh and load content from the History homepage from the app to start exploring the service on your Roku device.
Fix History App not Working on Roku
A lot could contribute to the History app malfunctioning on your Roku device. It problem could emanate from the Roku device [if it’s outdated] or the History app.
Clear the App Cache
The first step to take to fix the History app not working on your Roku device is to clear the Roku device cache. And here is how to go about it.
- Navigate to your Roku home screen by pressing the Home button on your Roku remote.
- Highlight “Settings” and press the “OK” button on the remote.
- Scroll down and press “OK” on “System.”
- Navigate to “System Restart” and press “OK” to select it.
- Once the system restarted the Roku device should be working fine.
Update your Roku Firmware
Follow the steps below to update your Roku firmware to fix the History not working on Roku error code.
- Switch on and connect the Roku device to the internet
- Go to “Settings.”
- Choose “System” and press “OK.”
- Navigate and select “System Update.” The system should display the Roku firmware version with the date and time it was updated.
- Navigate to and select “Check Now” to search for a new update.
- If there is an update available, the Roku device will download and install it.
- Once the upgrading is completed, the Roku device will restart automatically. And if you are running the latest version, a pop-up will appear that your device firmware is updated.
This guide explains how to watch and activate history on Roku without using cable online as well as how to fix the History app not working on the Roku device.