If you are stuck looking for how to find a dead apple watch, look no further, this article will revolve around how you can find your dead Apple watch if you don’t know its whereabouts.
There have been a series of comments from Apple representatives stating that it is impossible to find your Apple watch when it is lost or fully discharged.
Well, that is not the full detail.
They say such things to make you easily give up the search for your lost Apple watch since the majority of users might begin contacting Apple support for it.
But then, you can actually locate a dead apple watch.
It might not be fast to locate, but there are some steps you can take to put yourself in a better position to find your dead apple watch unless you misplace it somewhere at home and there is no possibility that anyone can find it or turn it on.
Also, If you haven’t enabled the “Find My” feature on your Apple device it would be much harder to track.
Anyway, there are some steps you can take to figure out how to find a dead apple watch which is listed below. But before that, let’s break down how you should enable “find my” on your Apple devices
NB: If you’ve activated “find my” on your Apple watch kindly skip the next two headings and click here.
How to Activate “Find My” on your iPhone
Before I delve deep into how you can find your Apple watch, there is some good news and there is some bad news. The bad news is, if you haven’t enabled “Find My” on your Apple Watch, need to get a replacement Apple watch.
But before you leave, here are the simple steps you can follow to enable “Find My” on all your Apple devices.
- On your Apple Device, launch the settings app
- Now, tap on your Apple ID’s name. You can locate that at the top of the screen
- Next, tap on iCloud
- On the next window, tap “Find My”.
- You will be prompted to turn on “Share My Location”. If you don’t want to turn it ON Ignore it.
- Now, tap Find My iPhone on the screen
- Next, turn it on and tap Ok to confirm your decision
Also, make sure you enable Offline Finding. Enabling this helps in locating the device when it is lost and fully discharged
Lastly, turn on Send Last Location.
How to Activate Find My on your Mac PC
However, if you have a Mac PC, here is how you can do it from Mac
- On your Mac PC launch Apple Menu
- Click on System Preferences
- On the Next window, click iCloud.
- Now, tick the box to turn on Find My Mac.
After doing all this, Find My will be enabled on all your Apple devices that are signed in with the same Apple ID.
Now, if you have enabled “Find My” on all your Apple Devices, you are in luck since you have a better chance of locating your Apple watch.
Anyway, let’s look at how to find a dead Apple watch provided you’ve enabled “Find My.”
How to Find a Dead Apple Watch Last Location on your iPhone
If you want to locate your Apple Watch’s last location and you have your iPhone with you, use the “Find MY app that comes with the device to locate where your Apple Watch could possible be.
Here are the steps by steps approach to how to find a dead apple watch
- On your Apple iPhone launch “Find My App”
- Tap on the “devices” tab. You should see the tap on the menu screen
- On the next screen, you will see a map and on the map, all your “find My” enabled device will show up
- If your Apple SE watch is not fully discharged the last time you saw it, you will see it on the map indicating a blank screen
- Now, tap on the Apple SE watch from the list
- Next, click the Directions tab to get both the walking and driving directions to the watch.
- If your Watch is Offline, but there is battery power on it, just select the Play Sound to locate it (provided it is close by)
- However, if it is fully discharged when you misplaced it, simply enable Notify When Found. When you do this, you will be updated when the device comes ON or when anyone charges it and power it.
Locating your Apple watch when it is totally dead or discharged is possible when it is dead. However, you might just have to be patient till you get a notification when it is powered.
How to Find a Dead Apple Watch from a Friends iPhone
If you have a friend or a colleague who has an iPhone, here is how you can use his/her phone to locate your Apple Watch
- Launch the “Find My app” on the iPhone. Its also on iPad devices
- After doing that choose the “Me tab”.
- On the next screen tap on the “Help A Friend” tab and log into your iCloud account. Ensure you select Use Different Apple ID from the screen.
- Once you are logged in, follow the on-screen instructions to locate your lost Apple Watch.
In addition to that, If you have some important information on it, you can turn on lost mode, so that it will be remotely locked.
NB: Enabling Los mode helps in displaying your contact message on the device once the watch is ON.
How to Find a Dead Apple Watch using your Mac PC
If you have your Mac PC with you you might not need to consult a friend to locate your lost Apple Watch.
That being said, here is how you can do that.
- Open your Laptop and go to iCloud.com.
- On iCloud, sign in with your Apple ID.
- Now, open Find iPhone.
- Finally, select “All Devices” and then select “Apple Watch.”
All these, steps below are highly reliant on the scenario where, the last known location of your Apple watch was updated before it was discharged or someone finds it, charges it and turns it ON.
If you are unlucky by not facing any of this, then your best bet is to either search for it physically or hope that someone finds it for you
How Can I make my Apple Watch Ring When it is Dead?
Firstly let me stop you there. You can’t make your Apple watch ring when it is dead.
How is that possible? if it is discharged, forget it!!! and hope that you find it physically or you might be lucky if someone finds it and charges it/turns it ON.
How Do You Prevent Your Apple Watch From Getting Lost?
There are a series of steps you can take to reduce scenarios of a misplaced Apple watch. These might come in handy to you while some are basic advice that is proven to help
- Create a Secure place where you can always drop accessories like your Apple watch, Stationing a table, or place where you place these can make it more of a habit whereby anytime you remove your watch you are always placing it there.
- While going outside, ensure the watch is firm with your hand and not loose.
- Ensure you enable the find my feature on all your Apple watches since it goes a long way in locating a lost watch even when it is dead
In addition to that, you should always, make use of the power reserve mode on your Apple watch when you are not using it. Check this post on how you can turn it on
Can The Police Track A Stolen Apple Watch?
Of course, the police can help with tracking your Apple device however you might have to give your serial number to help you track it. If you are unsure about how to get your serial number, check the next heading below
Lost Apple Watch Replacement
To replace your Apple watch you need to get the serial number and since your Apple watch is nowhere to be found here is how you can locate it using your iPhone
- Launch the Apple Watch app.
- Now, tap the My Watch tab.
- On the app screen, tap on General > About.
- Now, locate the Serial Number or IMEI.
Apple Watch Dead but still Showing Location
If your Apple Watch is Dead or Switched off and you are getting its location. It could be the last updated location before the device went off or someone has picked it up and it is ON.
By now, you should have gotten an answer to the question, How to find a dead Apple watch? However, one thing you should keep in mind is to always enable the “Find My” on all your Apple devices to make it easier to locate your apple watch.