WhatsApp is a power-packed messaging app with different features coming onto the app every day. However, the messaging app can take a lot of your time if you are not good at managing your time.
To take a break you may choose to delete your WhatsApp account. Now that you are back in the game you can easily restore your backup to have access to all old messages or perhaps, you change your phone and now you want to move your WhatsApp from your old phone to the new phone; the only solution is to restore your backup to the new phone.
So, in this article, you will learn about how to restore WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to your iPhone or Android depending on the type of device that you are using.
How to Backup WhatsApp to Google Drive
You must have an existing backup on your Google Drive account if you want to be able to restore the backup file. So, here, we will take a look at how to back up WhatsApp to Google Drive in this section.
Note: You must do the backup while your WhatsApp account is active.
- Open your “WhatsApp” account on your Android phone.
- Tap on the “Profile” icon at the top right.
- Select “Chats.”
- Scroll down and choose “Chat Backup.”
- Choose “Back up to Google Drive.”
- Select the duration you want the backup to repeat itself.
- Tap “Google Account.”
- Add or choose from the list of “Google Accounts” on the pop-up list.
- Toggle the option to “Back up using cellular.”
- You may include the option to back up your videos.
- Tap “Back up” under “Last Backup” to start backing up.
At this point, you will see your file size before the backup will begin. Once the backup has started your WhatsApp chats will be backed up to your Google Drive account.
How to Backup WhatsApp Account to iCloud
If you are using an iPhone you can follow the steps below to backup your WhatsApp chat to your iCloud account.
- Launch the “WhatsApp” app on your iPhone.
- Tap “Settings” at the bottom right.
- Select “Chat Backup.”
- Tap “Back Up Now.”
To automatically back up your WhatsApp chat select “Auto Backup” and select how often you want to backup your WhatsApp chat.
How to Restore WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive to iPhone
With the step below you will learn how you can easily restore your WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to your iPhone. The steps are simple and direct.
- Open the “WhatsApp” app on your “iPhone.”
- Tap “Agree & Continue.”
- Type your “WhatsApp” phone number and select “Next.”
- Tap “Yes” from the “Pop-up” to verify your account.
- Type the “WhatsApp verification code.”
- Choose “Restore” at the top right.
- Select the “Backup File” from your Google Drive account.
- Tap “Restore.”
Your WhatsApp data will be restored. Meanwhile, if you are restoring your old WhatsApp chat backup on your iPhone you can only restore it via your iCloud account.
Restore WhatsApp Backup from Google Drive
If your WhatsApp chat [messages, videos and images] are backed up to your Goole Drive account here are the tips to restore the backup to your Android device. So, in this section, you will learn how to restore WhatsApp backup from Google Drive to your Android phone.
- Open the “WhatsApp” app.
- Accept the “WhatsApp” terms and conditions.
- Type your “WhatsApp” account phone number.
- Verify the “Phone” number to allow “WhatsApp” to send the verification code.
- Tap on “Restore Backup.”
- Your “Backup” will start restoring until it’s completed.
- Tap “Next” once your backup is restored.
- Type your “WhatsApp Name” and choose the “Next” tab.
Once you are done the WhatsApp app will start initializing and you are set to use your WhatsApp.
How to Restore Deleted WhatsApp Messages Without Backup
WhatsApp doesn’t allow users to restore deleted WhatsApp messages without backup on their platform. The only means to restore your WhatsApp deleted messages on your Android and iPhone is by using third-party software or apps that can recover deleted WhatsApp messages.