Roadrunner email or RR is an email forwarding service to keep your business email free from junks and too many unwanted messages. The service is free and it doesn’t cost a dime to set up. However, the Roadrunner service uses other email services login from another email service provider like Google or Yahoo to keep your account clean by forwarding emails from your personal or business email account to your Road Runner account. Fantastic you said right?
However, you can set up your roadrunner email account on iPhone/iPad or Android phone using the right incoming mail service and the appropriate port 587. While configuring your roadrunner incoming mail server you will need your r mail login to access your Roadrunner email account. At the same, your rr.com email will be used to access your road runner account.
What You Will Learn Here
You will learn how to set up rr.com service on your smartphone. If you are unable to set up the Roadrunner email address to work with your Android phone and iPhone/iPad email app, what we have for you today will help you out as you will be able to link the roadrunner incoming mail server email to your Gmail service provider.
Whether you choose to link up roadrunner and Gmail service provider together on your Android or iPhone or you choose the easiest way to link up your email address to an email forwarding service this post will cover you.
You are still in the right part. However, it’s of course not easy to make road runner email account work with email app on your Android phone and iPhone if you are not a tech-oriented person. Because you will come across terms like an incoming mail server, service provider, etc.
You could do anything kind of setup in the email settings yet, the incoming mail server will be returning your email due to incoming mail server port and outgoing email server addresses.
This problem is common when you are not sure of the correct email server to use with your email service provider. So, for this purpose and in an attempt to put an end to roadrunner problems follow the procedure share below.
Setup Roadrunner email on Android
There is no need to walk yourself out when you want to link both roadrunner and Android email app together. Follow the steps below to enter the correct server addresses.
- Click on “Email App” on your phone app menu.
- Type your valid “roadrunner email” address
- Click on the Next button.
- Select “Personal (POP3)” from the popup
- Click “Next”
- Type your “password“ in the “Next” popup
- Click on “Next”.
- For your “incoming server settings“ type your “username” and add “@maine.rr.com” to the add. See example (“Gadgetswright@maine.rr.com”, where Gadgetswright is my username). In some cases, “satx.rr.com” will also work which is location dependent.
- In the “Password” column type your “Roadrunner” password.
- input “pop-server.maine.rr.com” in the server position, and port “110″ without quotes
- In the level of the “security” section or choose “None”.
- Tap “Done”.
- For the “outgoing server settings” copy and paste “smtp-server.maine.rr.com” in “server“ option
- Port: 587, set security to “None” enable “Require sign-in”.
- ype your “Roadrunner“ username “email@example.com”, remember to change username to your username, see incoming server settings for the example,
- Type your “password”.
- Click on “Next”.
- Tap “Next” again.
- In the name field, type your name or the name you want the Roadrunner server to display when you send an email from your account.
- Click “Next” to save changes.
Note: The server for incoming and going servers depends on location. So, when you want to set up your Roadrunner and email on your Android phone always check for your location on the incoming and outgoing servers.
When you follow this method as explained in this article you will be able to link up your Roadrunner email to your email on your Android phone.
How to Set up Roadrunner on iPhone
Tired of cleaning your email on your iPhone yourself? See how to set up Roadrunner to handle the cleaning by forwarding your email to your rr email account.
- Go to your iPhone settings.
- Select “Mail, Contact, and Calendar”.
- Click “Password and Account”.
- Click on “Add Account” and you will see several email accounts on the screen.
- Ignore all the email accounts on the screen and click on the “other” option.
- Next, you will be asked to provide your information.
- Provide the necessary information and click on the “Next” tab.
- In the email address section don’t forget to input your “rr” email address and the email password.
- Click the “Next” tab.
- A message box will pop up saying that your account is undergoing verification.
- Enter your road runner [rr] mail server information.
- Select account type to be “IMAP”.
- Input “mail.twc.com” as your account incoming mail server.
- Input “mail.twc.com” as your ongoing mail server.
- Enter your mail server name with the mail extension. E.g, Gadgetswright@twc.com.
- Type the account password to log in.
- Type your incoming server [IMAP] to be 993.
- Ongoing server [SMTP] 587.
- SSL: Click on “ON” SSL for both IMAP and SMTP.
- For a mobile device to be able to receive and send emails with rr.com select “Account Type” IMAP.
- Incoming server: mobile.carrier.net.
- Outgoing server: mobile.carrier.net.
- Click “Yes” from the pop up to authenticate the settings
That is all you need to set up Road Runner email on your iPhone.
How to Reset Road Runner Email Password
If you forget your email password for rr.com and you need a quick guide to reset it and gain access to your email account here is a guide for. This will help you to reset your email password the right way.
- Go to pt.rr.com on your computer or smartphone.
- Click “I don’t know my email password”.
- Enter your rr email address.
- Check “I’m not a robot”.
- Click “Submit”.
Follow the instruction to change your email password and set a new password for your email account.
How to Retrieve your rr Email Address
Another dream come through with rr.com is that you can easily retrieve your email address just like the way you retrieve your email password.
- Go to pt.rr.com on your handheld device.
- Click “Click here to retrieve your username”.
- A new window will open and you will be taken to urt.rr.com.
- To retrieve your master account username, please enter your 10-digit phone number in the box.
- Click on the “Submit” tab.
Follow the instruction to retrieve your rr email address.