Let talk about Rediffmail review. And how to forward Rediff mail inbox to Gmail inbox and receive all incoming messages on your Google mail account and Rediffmail SMTP settings.
What is Rediff?
Rediff is news, entertainment, shopping, and information website. The Rediff.com is an Indian popular news website. In 2012, Rediff launched Rediff mail service like Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, Ask, and other popular free email service providers to create a free email service to send and receive mail.
What is Rediffmail?
Currently, Rediff mail has over 95million internet crawler using its web-based email service for free. That is not huge compared to Gmail and Yahoo mail though.
However, Rediff mail is far better than Gmail and Yahoo combined in terms of storage space. Redif.com email service has unlimited storage capacity.
However, we can, therefore, say, Rediff mail is an email-web service with an unlimited storage capacity for pro and free account.
Who can Create Rediff mail account?
Rediff mail is an email web-service like Gmail, Yahoo!, and others where users create login username and password. The free and pro email service provider work like Gmail and Yahoo!
Not as popular as the alternatives though. However, if you are creating an email service different from others. Rediff mail could easily fix the loophole.
The founder and brain behind Rediff mail, Ajit Balakrishnan, current Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Rediff.com, created it in such a way that everybody can create an account.
Rediffmail SMTP Settings
The SMTP service is divided into two. For free users and Rediff mail Pro users. However, when configuring your SMTP for Rediff mail make sure that you use your account SMTP.
SMTP Settings For Rediffmail PRO / Enterprise Users
- Server Address: smtp.rediffmailpro.com
- Username: Your RediffMail Pro Address (e.g. email@example.com)
- Password: Your RediffMail Pro Password
- Port Number: 587
- Authentication: Required
SMTP Settings For Free Rediffmail Users
- Server Address: smtp.rediffmail.com
- Username: Your Rediff Address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: Your Rediff Password
- Port Number: 25
- Authentication: Required
Forward Rediff inbox to Gmail
I have a five-step approach to accomplish this with your Gmail account.
1. Login to the Rediffmail account you want to forward to Gmail-inbox and tap on “my settings“
2. Click on “forward” or “forward your emails” links. The link title in your account depends on your view. One is for a classic view and the other is for standard view.
3. Go to the label option “Enter the email address to which you would like your Rediffmail forwarded” and type your Gmail address in full.
4. Tick the option to delete “Rediffmail” in your account server if you don’t want to keep a copy after forwarded else leave it.
5. Click on “Start Forwarding My Emails” tab. Once that is done all incoming emails to your Rediffmail will be forwarded to your Gmail.