If you are thinking to activate Starz on Samsung Smart TV, then you would want to read up, as this article will discuss the basics you need to know and do.
Over the years, they has been so much innovations on TVs, from the regular cable and AVR designed kinds to Smart TVs Smart TVs.
Smart TVs are internet-connected devices that lets you access, stream, and manage media content. The Smart TV is inherently built around apps, which are like internet channels. They come preloaded with an assortment of apps.
Meanwhile, Starz is your ultimate destination for obsessable TV, movies and more, with characters who pull you in and stories that stay with you.
Starz consolidated the “Starz Play,” “Encore Play,” and “MoviePlex” apps into one app that can be enjoyed by both cord-cutters and Pay TV subscribers alike. It provides on-demand access in HD to all the Starz original TV shows and movies currently available on the Starz and Starz Encore channels.
Although, Smart TVs come preloaded with an assortment of apps, but it’s often possible to add more to customize your viewing experience. For this article, we will take you through the process of installing and activating the Starz App on your Samsung Smart TV. So, here’s a look at how to install Starz to Samsung Smart TVs.
How To Install Starz To Your Samsung Smart TV
- From the TV’s Home screen, navigate to and select Apps and then select the Search icon in the top-right corner.
- Enter the app you want to download(in this case, Starz)select it, and then select Install.
- Your Starz App automatically begins to download.
- Press the Home button to open up the TV’s Home screen menu. If you see it listed on the Home menu, then, use the remote’s directional pad to navigate to it and open it.
- If the app isn’t listed on the Home menu, use the directional pad to select Apps, and then select Starz
- Note: You can add Starz to the TV’s Home screen by going to Apps, selecting the Settings icon in the upper right corner, highlighting it and then selecting Add to Home.
Adding Starz to your home screen allows for easy navigation.
How To Activate Starz on Samsung Smart TV
With the installation done, you can now go ahead and activate your Starz App, by simply;
- Turning on your smart TV and access the app store.
- Log in using your STARZ account details,
- Navigate to STARZ using any device.
- Enter the code on screen into the box on the web page.
- Select Submit to register device.
- Then, sit back and begin streaming.
Different Contents Available On Starz
Starz offers a healthy collection of TV shows and movies and though you might just think of Starz as its own entity, there are actually several channels under the Starz umbrella, including the following;
- Starz Edge
- Starz in Black
- Starz Comedy
- Starz Cinema
- Starz Kids andFamily
- Starz Encore
- Starz Encore Action
- Starz Encore Classic
- Starz Encore Black
- Starz Encore Family
- Starz Encore Suspense
- Starz Encore Westerns
- Starz Encore Español.
- Movie Plex
- Indie Plex
- Retro Plex
- Apple iPhone iPad, & iPod running iOS 8.1 or greater
- Amazon 2014 and newer Kindle Fire Tablets running Fire OS 5 or greater
- Most devices running Android 4.1 or greater
- Apple TV 3rd generation
- 4th generation Apple TV running tvOS 9 or newer
- Amazon Fire TV and Fire Stick
- Android TV
- Nexus Player
- NVIDIA Shield
- Razer Forge
- 2nd Generation Roku 2, 3, and 4
- Roku Stick
- Xbox One and One S
How To Fix Starz Not Responding
Here is your quick guide if the Starz app is not responding on your Samsung Smart TV.
1. Simply soft reset the TV
A soft reset shuts the TV down completely and reboots it, rather than placing it just into standby mode. This can solve issues that you may be having with Starz. These are two ways to soft reset your TV.
- Press and hold the power button on your remote until the TV turns off and on again. This should only take about 5 seconds.
- Unplug your TV from the power socket for 30 seconds, and then plug it back in.
2. Check for software
If your Samsung smart TV firmware is outdated you should consider updating it as it can contributeS to the Starz app not working or responding on the smart TV.
- Press the Home button and navigate to the Settings.
- Go to Support, and then select Software Update.
- Click Update Now to start updating your TV.
- Press the Home button and navigate to Apps.
- Go to Settings.
- Navigate to the app, and then select Delete.
After the steps above, restart the TV, redownload it and reinstall the app.
3. Clear the App Cache
A full cache can begin to pose problems, like causing the App to freeze or fail to load.
- Tap the Home button on your Samsung smart TV’s remote control.
- Go to Settings
- Select Apps.
- Go to the System apps.
- Choose the app you want to clear the cache with.
- Tap on “Clear cache”.
- Tap OK to confirm.
Benefit s of Using Starz
What do you stand to enjoy for using the Starz app on your streaming and smart devices like Samsung Smart TV? Here are the recaps on what you stand to gain.
1. Starz offers thousands of TV show episodes and movies,fot a reasonable price, more than 7,500 to be exact.
Along with its enticing original content, it also offers award-winning shows and movies. If you’re someone who wants to add a new collection of movies to your streaming library, Starz is a great option to do just that.
2. Starz also provides its users with information on “Parental Control”. The content range of movies on this app is across the rating spectrum.
You can use this guide to know the appropriate movies fit for your kids age, while also setting content restrictions for them on some channels you consider unfit for them to watch. Generally, it helps parents be informed and guide their kids accordingly.
3. It has a free trial. Starz gives a 7-day advantage to its new subscribers. See how to get the Starz streaming platform free trial in this article.
In that span, you can easily download shows and movies that you can watch offline. The Starz app is enjoyable on multiple devices. You can enjoy streaming with 4 devices at a time and it also has media options.
They are many types of cable subscriptions out there, but if you opt for Starz, then activate it on your Samsung Smart TV to cut off other streaming service subscription.