Now you can send SMS on your Windows and Mac PC without having to look at your phone. Find out how to SEND SMS from PC in this article with clear pictures.
Whether you mainly work from your PC or just need an excellent option that ensures that you can work peacefully from one device (PC), sending and receiving messages does matter.
Fortunately, we had this archaic era behind when you had to have your phone to receive messages. In particular, OTP cards and relevant communications that communicate directly with your phone number and not with WhatsApp or other messengers.
If you are sitting in front of your computer and receive a text message, wouldn’t it be great if you could answer without lifting the handset? The pleasant news is that a lot of computers have apps that you can incorporate into your text messages.
Regardless of whether you’re using Apple or Android device, you can configure your messages to your Mac PC. Android users can as well use Windows to send text messages.
If you use the SMS service for marketing purposes or reminders, it can also be quite tedious if you have to juggle devices. All of these disadvantages have quick and easy solutions.
So let’s easily see how to send SMS from your PC.
Table of Contents
How to send SMS from your PC via iMessage (iOS and macOS)
Although iMessage has only processed iMessages so far, subsequent iterations of the Apple operating system include a specially developed option to directly forward SMS messages to your Mac or other iOS devices. Once configured correctly, you can use the messaging app on your computer to quickly send and receive messages from your computer to a known number in the same way without looking at your phone.
- Set up iMessage and SMS forwarding on your iOS device, go to the Settings main menu, and tap Messages.
- Activate iMessage and ensure that you are logged into the same iCloud account with messages as all other devices. Also, make sure that all of your devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On your Mac, you need to open the Messages app and then select Messages. From there, go to Settings and then choose iMessage.
- On your iPhone, and after selecting messages from the Settings menu, tap Text Message Forwarding, move the switch to the right of the Apple device you want to send text messages to and give the six-digit confirmation a code displayed on the device. This confirms that you wish to send and receive messages from your iPhone to your Mac and own it. Owing to your configuration settings, you may or may not need to enter a verification code.
Once the set up is done, you can send text messages by clicking the pencil icon above the contact list, entering the recipients you want, and composing the message. However, please note that the standard limit for text messages with 160 characters continues to apply even when using messages. Text longer than 160 characters is likely to be counted as two or more for billing purposes, depending on the length.
However, you have the privilege to send messages to other iOS and macOS users for free if they use messages. Remember that a standard text message is in a green bubble, while an iMessage is in a blue bubble. The method works with both Mac and iOS.
Send text messages via Android messages (Android and PC)
This method works great for Android phone users, regardless of what type of computer they use. All you may need is a browser plus the Android Messages app. With Android Messages, owners of Android smartphones can send text messages directly from a web interface, regardless of which device they use. It works on laptops, desktops, or even iOS devices. However, you need to set Android Messages as the default app on your phone. So make sure you do this before you start.
- Head to the Android Messages homepage.
- Launch the Android Messages app on your phone.
- Tap the menu and choose Messages for the Web.
- Tap Scan QR Code and scan the QR code from your Android Messages homepage with your phone. If you lack the knowledge to do it, here’s a guide to using QR codes with today’s smartphones. This will connect your device and browser, and messages and contacts will appear on your other device during synchronization.
- Make use of the web interface to chat with your friends and family, just like on your Android smartphone.
- If you want to keep syncing between devices, so you don’t have to scan the QR code every time, just choose Yes when the web interface asks you if you want it to remember your computer.
Send SMS by email
As a last option, you can send an SMS to a cell phone without the need for third party service. You can do this directly in your email client by sending an email to the relevant operator.
For quick reference, you can search for the most common US service providers and their corresponding gateway addresses below. However, please note that there are different addresses for regular messages (SMS) and those with photos and other media (MMS).
Note: Enter the US country code for T-Mobile before phone number 1.